Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

noob thing pls help (installing problem)

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.7

noob thing pls help (installing problem)

Postby kidrock » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:38 pm

i`ve copyed Ubuntu ultimated edition 1.7 from bittorrent.ro made a dvd and install il....after installation Envy asked me if i want to install video drivers i installed them and recommanded to restart the system and take out the DVD form my optic unit i`ve took the DVD out and restarted the system... but then he asked for bootable disck it wasn`t booting form hdd i`ve inserted the DVD and choose option 1 (Start or Install Ubuntu Ultimated Edition) and he started to install again the OS.

Can u please give me some advice.

Thanks!
kidrock
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Re: noob thing pls help (installing problem)

Postby pch.shot » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Try Hardware Drivers(System-Administration) to install your video drivers instead of Envy.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: noob thing pls help (installing problem)

Postby TexasMike » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:54 pm

kidrock,
I am not very knowledgeable about all things *nix, but there is a specific order for getting the Ultimate Edition versions installed and configured. I had several failed installs until I found and followed the instructions given by TheeMahn. ;) ;)
I cannot locate that particular Post, but I believe I can summarize:
1: Boot from CD/DVD and select Install
2: follow all installation instructions and let the system install itself. NOTE: If asked to install Video or Sound drivers during this install, DO NOT do so - just continue to the end of the OS Install process without installing any Video or Sound Drivers.
3: Once the basic OS (Ultimate Edition) install is complete, disregard all prompts to install any further programs, drivers, etc, and continue to the end and follow the prompt to Reboot and remove the CD/DVD. Allow the system to reboot, and login as the new user you created during the installation.
4: Run the Updates manager program- System>Administration>Synaptic Package Manager and make sure to click on Reload at the top left of the 1st screen, then close Synaptic Package Manager (or you can open a Terminal and type sudo apt-get update to update your packages list before you actually install any updates to the system).
5: Look at the upper "task bar" and locate the Icon which says there are Updates available and click on it, and select Install Updates. Allow this to finish, and then Reboot the system again, and check for that Icon on the upper task bar for any more updates, install them (if any) and reboot. I do this til there are no more updates - if the system is offering any updates, keep installing and rebooting til the system does not offer any further updates, then proceed to the next step.
6: Login, and go to System>Administration>Hardware Drivers and install the correct driver for your Video card/adapter (nVidia or ATI).
This should get your system booting with the correct Video driver. Now you can go for desktop features such as the Cube, Sphere, Cylinder, Water effects, Fire on the screen, etc... There are lots of really neat capabilities in Compiz - check them out.
I am not sure this procedure is actually needed in Ultimate Edition 2.0, but I found that there were always problems with booting and other things when I tried to install the Video and Sound Drivers as part of the "1st install pass". I asked the forum for help and these are essentially the instructions I was given, and the installation worked perfectly when I followed this "order" of doing things.
I couldn't quickly find the original post where I got this info, but I believe this is the correct "order". Basically, don't install anything other than the actual OS, ie. no Sound or Video Drivers (whether prompted for this action or not) until you have re-booted after the initial install of Ultimate Edition. Then get all updates, and install them and reboot again, still no Video or Sound driver installed. Finally, after the system is completely installed, updated until there are no more updates available, reboot one final time, and use the instructions in #6 above to install the Video Drivers for your specific video card. Sound system should be enabled by default, and require no specific action from you to work.
I hope this information helps, and is not redundant.
Good Luck!! And enjoy the really great features of Ultimate Edition 2.0. 8-) 8-)

NOTE: Mods/Admins - If I have given bogus or incorrect instructions, please correct my instructions. OR... If anyone remembers the original Post by TheeMahn, could you add a pointer to that article for this gentleman...??
Shop PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 9370 @ 4.4GHz Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengance Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
Video: ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 2GB PCIe 3.0
Hard Drives: Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, Maxtor 500GB
SSD Drives: OCZ-Vertex4 128GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
DVD Drive: Plextor PX-L890SA
Power Suipply: RaidMax Modular 1200Watt

Home:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghZ