Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Help! Cant play videos

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.7

Re: Help! Cant play videos

Postby nosferatu » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:35 pm

yeah envyng rocks :D . Well the 1st time I downloaded the file was saved on the desktop under the name of “get_vid” and the image was shown so I just double click it to open it and it open perfectly, after that I rename it to the video name and I was able to play it again with no problems (I rename it with no spaces between). After I restarted I cant see the image anymore only the sound. I also noticed that when I play music, the animation of the screen has the same problem.
nosferatu
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:50 pm

nosferatu wrote:yeah envyng rocks :D . Well the 1st time I downloaded the file was saved on the desktop under the name of “get_vid” and the image was shown so I just double click it to open it and it open perfectly, after that I rename it to the video name and I was able to play it again with no problems (I rename it with no spaces between). After I restarted I cant see the image anymore only the sound. I also noticed that when I play music, the animation of the screen has the same problem.

ok nos..sorry we haven't solved this yet...i'm going to try and recreate the problem on my system...biggest diff is that I don't have a laptop..but at this point, really don't think that has anything to do with it...nor will it with my nVidia onboard video...believe at this point the problem is video files from YouTube or codecs (codecs would affect everything across the board...mplayer, vlc, etc...)...may take a while to get this done...in the meantime, I'm sure if anyone else has any ideas they'll get on this with us...hang in there bud...we'll get you straightened out :D also in the meantime, try and Google your problem, may come across something there too...
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby nosferatu » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:02 pm

sure, gr8 idea, ill stay tunned, i will also google it just in case i find something else

thx for helping
nosferatu
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby SaddleTramp » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:41 pm

Sorry to take so long getting back to you...had to make another partition for 1.7...got that installed and time snuck up on me and had to be somewhere else (4th of July thing we do every year)...I apologize again for that...anywho..got 1.7 installed...d/l'd some vids from Youtube...did great...live and saved vids...only way I could even come close to duplicating your problem was to disable all codecs (& of course then nothing would work)...otherwise, I couldn't duplicate it...unless you've come across something that worked...only thing I have left is to remove/reinstall mPlayer/Totem and if still no joy..then remove/reinstall codecs...see if either resolves the problem...
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby nosferatu » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:09 pm

No problem, thx for keeping track of my problem.
I should try to reinstall the codecs and movie player/totem but...how
do i do it :?: , im sorry, im new with this OS
nosferatu
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby vinca » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:35 pm

nosferatu wrote:No problem, thx for keeping track of my problem.

if you're new, and haven't done much, how about you save your data on something removable and try 1.8? i reccomend it, a huge upgrade.
Vinca... aka BIG V

http://www.scienceprousa.com
Specs:
4gb ddr2 667 ram
Intel Core2Duo E6300 oced to 2.2 ghz
Radeon x1600
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x 250 gb western digital hard drives soon to be in raid
all on ULTIMATE EDITION!!!!

~Energy and persistence conquer all things~ -Ben Franklin
vinca
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby nosferatu » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Well i read that 1.8 had more problems to install the drivers of the wireless card of the laptop
but just in case that i don't solve this issue i will start downloading right now the 1.8. Thx for the advise.
nosferatu
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby SaddleTramp » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:25 pm

nosferatu wrote:No problem, thx for keeping track of my problem.

No need to be sorry :) for the codecs...open Applications/Add-Remove .. make sure "All Available Applications" is selected in the top middle...then search for Ubuntu Restricted Extras...uncheck...then 'Apply Changes'...
Same for Movie Player...
I would suggest after removing codecs and Movie Player...restart you system...then repeat above to reinstall...
Have Fun!! :D 8-)
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SaddleTramp » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:26 pm

nosferatu wrote:Well i read that 1.8 had more problems to install the drivers of the wireless card of the laptop
but just in case that i don't solve this issue i will start downloading right now the 1.8. Thx for the advise.

Vinca...aka Big V ;) just happens to be a wireless (& Broadcom card) guru...what wireless card is in your system??
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.7