Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

THIS IS AN UTTERLY AMAZING LINUX ARTICLE

A place to make suggestions...

THIS IS AN UTTERLY AMAZING LINUX ARTICLE

Postby Trinityseven » Mon May 16, 2011 9:36 am

I WAS TOTALLY ASTOUNDED TO FIND THIS!
AS THEY SAY ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER, HERE YOU GO PEEPS< BLESSINGS!!!

http://techhamlet.com/2010/03/ufw-or-firestarter/

That article describes what is the best firewall to use, and why, and how to use it, so you bloomin well bet it's a good thing for your linux comrades/afficiandos! Especially us creme de la creme ones with the best OS in linuxdom (2.8 / 2.9)
Trinityseven
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: THIS IS AN UTTERLY AMAZING LINUX ARTICLE

Postby pclinuxguru » Mon May 16, 2011 10:51 am

You are far to easily astonished .

Lay off the caps please, we hear you with out screaming. ;)
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby Trinityseven » Tue May 17, 2011 6:05 pm

However I have found that after running BOTH firewalls (firestarter and GUFW) through the following fairly comprehensive free test at https://www.securitymetrics.com/portscan.adp I have found BOTH scanners to be basically exactly the same as far as stealthing your ports proper. So I don't know, I'm just one for some beefed up security, so maybe I'll see what happens to run some of my favorite firewalls through wine...that should be fun to try, I however believe this will fail...too bad, would of been nice maybe. You never know though, maybe I will get some kind of something good working. I just liked the article, but it seems that BOTH of those firewalls offer same protection even though one is much much older in code. We need some good bleeding edge and yet user friendly firewalls in the vein of PC TOOLS FIREWALL PLUS freeware firewall, that one is nice and good protection, but still easy enuf to not have to spend your life configuring. Actually the linux firewalls are like that also, but they miss the nice function of being able to block by application usually, thats a big thing that needs improving to me for the 5-6 standard linux firewalls I tried out.

Actually just ran the little low resource beauty freeware windows firewall in wine http://www.ghostsecurity.com/ghostwall/ and it installs and runs just fine of coarse, but doesn't block any of the ports, suppose it's because linux works with IPtables as the firewall service, and of coarse a windows program would be unfamiliar with that, wonder if their is any special wine tricks I could do that would give me such functionality, maybe I will look into it, but it's really not too necessary, I can find adequate protection on linux, I just like double sometimes.
Trinityseven
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby billhedrick » Tue May 17, 2011 8:39 pm

ummm no you don't generally need much in the way of firewalls in Linux. Generally windows software should be run in a windows environment, running it in wine is basically creating busy-work for yourself. There are several linux based forums that include windows sub-boards, this isn't really one of them.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Trinityseven » Tue May 17, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm just here to spread the joy, thanks for noticing! Here are two very cool linux firewalls (FREE of Coarse) that add application based filtering, actually just the SECOND one is a majorly cool firewall, the first one is more like an addon you can use in conjunction with firestarter to give you simple application based blocking. Such a helpful bunch of users here, I hope it gets better :) http://pgrd.sourceforge.net (is the add-on ap. block freeware)
AND http://www.nufw.org is the Firewall freeware

THAT LAST ONE LOOKS LIKE THE BEST LINUX FIREWALL THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN...ITS UTTERLY BLOOMIN AMAZING THAT THE COMPANY OFFERS IT AS OPENSOURCE FREEWARE, IT'S TRULY BEAUTIFUL!!! Very similar to my 2.8 system in my opinion/expertese for all that!!!
Trinityseven
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby billhedrick » Tue May 17, 2011 10:57 pm

relax, we can hear you. CAPS ARE NOT NECESSARY!
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby Trinityseven » Tue May 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Sent you a PM you stinkin control freak meglomaniac! Enjoy please newber!
Next time you control yourself and not try to control/kill everything else with your idiot hatred and evil.
I am a free person to love and speak truth as I desire, and all your idiot hatred can't do a thing about that!
Also just so you can remember it, the information is very accurate in these posts, if you chose to hate truth, then you are simply hurting yourself most compared to those around you also. It's just not a loving mode of being. You did'nt have to attack me as a modersator on this board, you could of had some decency in this.
Trinityseven
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby billhedrick » Tue May 17, 2011 11:25 pm

thats 1.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby onosendai58 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Well, I`m not a mod, (at least here), and I find your conduct immature and offensive.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby pclinuxguru » Tue May 17, 2011 11:44 pm

Trinityseven wrote:Sent you a PM you stinkin control freak meglomaniac! Enjoy please newber!
Next time you control yourself and not try to control/kill everything else with your idiot hatred and evil.
I am a free person to love and speak truth as I desire, and all your idiot hatred can't do a thing about that!
Also just so you can remember it, the information is very accurate in these posts, if you chose to hate truth, then you are simply hurting yourself most compared to those around you also. It's just not a loving mode of being. You did'nt have to attack me as a modersator on this board, you could of had some decency in this.

I will not tolerate any further name calling or attacks against staff.

So I will make the call a third time. Banned again for being a ________________________ fill in your own blank. :?
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Next

Return to Suggestions