Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

A few suggestions for the next release

A place to make suggestions...

A few suggestions for the next release

Postby Dragynbane » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:37 pm

I have a few suggestions for the next release:

1. update Firefox to 4.0 (no-brainer, but should be said regardless.)
2. Use the Ubuntu Unity that is gonna be used in Natty Norwhal, would be nice.

that's really all I can think of right now, If I come up with more, i'll be sure and post them in a reply.
My PC:

GPU: Intel Integrated
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core @ 2GHZ
Moniter: Generic PnP Moniter (it's a Laptop.)
Hard Drive space: 220.9 GB
RAM: 2.9 GB
Dragynbane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Re: A few suggestions for the next release

Postby pclinuxguru » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:01 pm

Firefox 4.0 has not been officially released for ubuntu or linux and some estimated 76% of all plug-ins do not support 4.0 as yet.

Just a little FYI there lol.

Unity is pre included in 11.xx ubuntu thus will be available as one of the desktop version in Ultimate Edition 2.9 I am sure. (theemahn) is the head boss to ask about this one.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby Dragynbane » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:10 pm

I am aware that firefox 4 is beta right now, but that's not to say it won't likely be done when the next release is ready.

as for Unity, I did not know whether Unity would be included or not, that's why I added it to the list. I've switched from Ubuntu 10.10 today, because this fit my needs better.
My PC:

GPU: Intel Integrated
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core @ 2GHZ
Moniter: Generic PnP Moniter (it's a Laptop.)
Hard Drive space: 220.9 GB
RAM: 2.9 GB
Dragynbane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Postby pclinuxguru » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:29 pm

Like I said, Unity is pre included with 11.04 beta and will be included with the final product 11.xx .

Unity is just a desktop environment just like the other pre included version build into 10.10.

Unless it was going to effect the Ultimate Edition environment , I see no reason the environment wouldn't be included or even implemented as the main environment. Ether way It would be there.

Guess All I can say is hopefully theemahn will stop by.

I do know that a desktop version is in development and is said to be available for 10.10 as well.

I suspect that in the next few months we will see a x64 unity based on 10.10.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby billhedrick » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:18 pm

something I add almost immediately is Adobe Air. That let's you run and install a lot of apps.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby win2linconvert » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:51 pm

I would like to see what TheeMan could do with the now abandoned LG3D project. Don't know if it would be of any benifit to Ultimate Edition or not, but it certainly looks interesting. As far as I'm aware, no one else is using it in their distro, therefore not only would it be a nice edition to Ultimate Edition but it would be something else that sets Ultimate Edition apart from the crowd. You know... Something to help potential new users find it in the distro haystack. Well... It's just an idea.

win2linconvert
win2linconvert
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Location: The Occupied & Oppressed (since 1865) Confederate States of America.
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:42 pm

win2linconvert wrote:I would like to see what TheeMan could do with the now abandoned LG3D project. Don't know if it would be of any benifit to Ultimate Edition or not, but it certainly looks interesting. As far as I'm aware, no one else is using it in their distro, therefore not only would it be a nice edition to Ultimate Edition but it would be something else that sets Ultimate Edition apart from the crowd. You know... Something to help potential new users find it in the distro haystack. Well... It's just an idea.

win2linconvert

With your (as well as all others) posts, I take it upon myself to CHECK IT OUT !! :D :lol: And WOW !!! <BREW> That is really something ! Its like they had it !!..... Then.......????? Hmmm maybe Licensing ! Lack of time or motivation ! But yea ! that would be something to look into ! as far as adding things such as Adobe AIR ! Here is where copyrights and licensing, for the WORLD come in to play ! Not to mention Disk space and limited Internet connections ! amongst other things! TheeMahn, WILL and DOES his best to STOP from getting Sued at every turn !!! do to RED TAPE ! So if something is not or can not be included in Ultimate Edition, It is more than likely due to :
A - There has been no call for it, Or it is so new that he has built the release already !
B - There are conflicting licenses and agreements that he himself can not side step !
C - Size constrants ! HE cant put 5LB's of LUV in a 4.7 GIG DVD That only! :o
D - OR ........ Wait for it !!!..............................................he's just plain lazy !!! :lol:
E - All of the above ! <BREW> :D :lol:
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby win2linconvert » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 am

Glad you were able to check into the LG3D project JohnnyG. I wasn't sure if it would be of any interest to TheeMan or the Ultimate Edition team, but I figured it was worth a mention. It's not so much a request but more of something I just thought might interest y'all and of course something I figured might be used to further set Ultimate Edition apart from the rest of the pack (Not that it needs any help!). But either way, I'm glad you found it of some interest and maybe TheeMan will too if it's not too much trouble to deal with. Once again I'd like to thank TheeMan, yourself, and everyone on the Ultimate Edition team for everything y'all put into making Ultimate Edition such a pleasure to use.

win2linconvert
win2linconvert
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Location: The Occupied & Oppressed (since 1865) Confederate States of America.
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:53 am

I have used LG3D in the past and it was straight hard core. I could never continue the project because of what is in the top left corner of the screen unless it would work with iced tea. Something I may have to look into. Just to cue ppl in in Ultimate Edition 2.9 will be based on 10.10 and not natty. Ultimate Edition 2.9 wil be basically 2.8 built with KDE & a new theme. I am going to try and slip in XFCE and LXDE as well. I have had many testers on this end trying to get me to not release 2.9 and concentrate my efforts on bug fixes. Ultamatix comes to mind. I have smashed all bugs in the themes with a few scripts

I have written a new program GUI based that I have no intention of releasing anytime soon that builds O/S's. I need to get the bugs behind me. I have also neglected this board and many other websites. I do have a tremendous workload, I am hoping the O/S builder to eventually automate my job in building O/S's, same goes for the repository. I have a "repomaster" that works, but not w/o some human intervention. If I can write a program to do my job, I am on it ;) One of my main goals is to be able to post here as I used to helping ppl with their problems. I used to be on here daily. I have 1155 unread pms here & 3643 unread emails. We will soon have a new webmaster taking over one of the sites, I am hoping to convince him to take over 2. Removing the workload will allow me to concentrate my efforts on bigger and better things. This is not going to happen overnight.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby JOHNNYG » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:05 am

Well I guess that rules out D ! ! :lol: :D <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Next

Return to Suggestions