Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition is the best-Publicize it more

A place to make suggestions...

Ultimate Edition is the best-Publicize it more

Postby jojothehobo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:36 am

I've been using linux for a decade, starting with Red Hat, then Mepis and most recently Ubuntu and Linux Mint. I just started using Ultimate Edition. There is no doubt in my mind that Ultimate Edition is the best Linux distribution I have ever used or seen for the desktop and individual user. I can't speak for servers or enterprise Linux.

Ultimate has all the software needed by an individual for multi-media, office applications, graphics and customization right out of the box. I really appreciated not having to spend hours downloading and setting up a whole bunch of programs that I want to use modern media and other applications. Ultimatix is a great way to get the codecs and other software that most users want and need. In addition, the Ultimate Edition Repo, combined with the Ubuntu Software Center and Synaptic, along with Ultimatix is the best software source combination I've seen.

The Ultimate edition is a fast or faster than Linux Mint or Ubuntu. My son loves the Gamers Edition.

Ultimate needs more and better publicity and visibility with potential users and user organizations. I would be willing to write a review if I was asked or directed where to submit it.
This is a great distribution. I want to congratulate the developers and encourage them to keep up the great work and continue developing Ultimate Edition. :D 8-)
jojothehobo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Re: Ultimate Edition is the best-Publicize it more; part 2

Postby jojothehobo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Well no one else replied so I decided to sit right down and write myself a letter reply :lol: .

Another key advantage of ultimate edition is the ease of restore in the event of a hardware or software crash. With Windows, unless you have a full image backup, you have to reinstall the OS and then all the applications, something that often takes a couple of days or more. In Ultimate linux, even if you don't have a full backup , you can reinstall the OS and do a full Ultimatix list install and then you are ready to go. Simple.

One final note, Ultimate is an ideal distribution for the coming whole home controls. It already has developer tools, multi media tools and a few controller tools. Windows will require a whole host of proprietary and expensive programs.

all the best
Jojo
jojothehobo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Re: Ultimate Edition is the best-Publicize it more

Postby pclinuxguru » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:37 pm

1. all software on board for the average and advanced users every day needs.

2. does not suffer from infections like windows

3. does not require maintenance like windows

4. does not rot and slow down like windows

5. free - open source

6. windows can be used in Vbox as needed for free

7. better looking then windows with far more open source themes

8. requires less resources to run, eliminating the need for massive upgrades.

9. handles media better then windows

10. upgrades fix things, unlike windows upgrades that break more then they fix.

Now, I use Linux Ubuntu and Linux Ultimate edition as my main OS for all builds and jobs. As well as business options. Rarely do I sell windows these days.

Only when windows is a must due to business needs. Even then 99% of the time Ultimate Edition with vbox win 7 does just fine.

In some rare cases. Windows 7 as main OS with Ultimate Edition in vbox for all Internet/email needs.

There is no greater computer virus detector/magnet in the world then a PC on windows.

regardless what anti virus you use.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Return to Suggestions