Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Why Use Ubuntu For This Distribution

A place to make suggestions...

Re: Why Use Ubuntu For This Distribution

Postby billhedrick » Thu May 26, 2011 2:36 pm

It's my feeling, that what Thee and crew have put together is user friendly and desktop ready. While in my 35 years of computing I was mostly a Mac and Windows guy, I went to Linux mainly cuz I am cheap. I started with Freespire, then Klikit and finally Ultimate Edition. Frankly raw speed means nothing to a user who has to dig through labyrinthine layers of Linux to figure out how to do something, We set up 2.9 on my work machine to work in a remote desktop windows environment and it works cleanly and transparently. Would a Debian based distro work better? I dunno, but I would be surprised if the setup was as easy.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu May 26, 2011 7:27 pm

comsparks, You mean to tell me that you waited 7 months, and the only thing that brought you back was a bot message, to your last post ! If you would have read your post you would see that I my self posted a response to your post in less than 20 min. and there was three more after that ! the interest in your post shows, why you think like you do ! And that is your choice ! It is up to posters to keep tabs on there posts, and may "Bump" them if they wish, after all you did say you thought you had disabled e-mail notification, and if it wasn't for a bot notification, when do you think you would have checked your post ! you waltz in here spouting vague insults and you expect what !? If you like Debain than so be it! more power to you ! If you have or had read my response to your post (7 Months ago) you would have a reasonable explanation as to why TheeMahn uses Ubuntu for a base for Ultimate Edition ! TheeMahn is one of the best programmers and developers in the world !! and is one of the most caring when it comes to the end user ! He has had to rewrite the obvious errors that others in Ubuntu development have over looked, so you the end user have a great operating system ! If you have had a bad experiance with Ultimate Edition than I am sorry for that ! But I have found that most issues with Ultimate Edition are user error and or hard ware, and not much of that, compare Ubuntu forums and all there issues, to Ultimate Edition forum, very few issues are here, most are user related !!! and some that even ubuntu and Debain cant rectify ! If you think for that Ultimate Edition is flawed,and should be trashed at any cost, than by all means do so !! But do so with respect ! and when you release as powerful an OS as Ultimate Edition Please drop us a link ! Until then have a nice day ! :P
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby rbyrd1 » Sat May 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Wolf and Johnny, well said!
System 1: Ultimate Edition 2.9 x86 64bit kernel 2.38.2
Linux Mint 11 64 bit 3.0.0-9 kernel
BackTrack 5R1 64 bit
Toshiba Satellite Laptop
3 GB Crucial DDR
250 GB SATAII Western Digital
AMD Turion X2 64
ATI Radeon 3100

System 2: Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick ARM edition
HTC Glacier(T-Mobile MyTouch 4G) Android phone
Permarooted
Ice Glacier ROM
Overclocked to 1.5 Ghz
running Ubuntu through chroot and VNC

System 3:
HP Pavilion a305w
1GB RAM
2.7GHz Celeron
WD 160GB
WD 40GB
Intel onboard video
Ultimate Edition 2.9 x86 running kernel 2.6.38.1
Oz Unity 1.0 Debut
rbyrd1
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby TBABill » Tue May 31, 2011 5:55 pm

comsparks wrote:Yes I moved to Debian Squeeze and it runs circles around the other distributions that try and base their flavor of it on it. It seems that when, lets say, Ubuntu grabs it (Debian) and puts its spin on it, they end up screwing it all up and things just don't work out very well. Then Ultimate Edition comes along and grabs the current flavor of Ubuntu that is screwed up and tries to put its spin on it, they, (Ultimate Edition) then adds more problems to the mix. ..... I found that Squeeze is the best one for me and no longer have to deal with all the problems that Ubuntu and all the other wannabe copycats from it have to offer. At least Mint is trying to move from that scenario and offers an alternate purer form of it. It also shows they have less lazy people and possible more talented ones.

Debian Squeeze is nice in its own right. It's rock solid and runs fast. However, Ubuntu 10.04 was based on Squeeze while it was testing. Have you tried 10.04 and Ultimate Edition 2.6.1, which is based on it? They fly and are actually better than Squeeze right now because of what they add to a great distro.

I'm curious what Ultimate Edition does to "add more problems to the mix" that you identified above? Ultimate Edition runs compiz better than any distro I've used, looks great and stays fast with so much software installed. I stick to 2.6.1 because it's just about as perfect as I have found, but I'm curious if you have identified problems in other versions that need attention or are making assumptions based on second hand knowledge from unidentified sources?

Ultimate Edition is great for me and I'm excited to see TheeMahn release 3.0. I'm happy you found Debian to be best for you and I hope to see your future messages offer the devs a bit more respect for all they do for a great distro, even if your experience with it is less than perfect.
TBABill
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Suggestions