Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Change your OS build method to Novo

A place to make suggestions...

Re: Change your OS build method to Novo

Postby oceania68 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:04 am

hiya...

Only suggestive!! :D
Conversationally speaking...

Hmmm this sounds promising for newbies whom may like to dabble one day..... all the same it is good people contribute whatever the cause.. I have always favoured a base system that can then download and install from repos whatever the user needed or wanted... Speaking from the point of view that many ppl only have slow internet speeds and less powerful computers... thus unable to download "large" images, or indeed have no idea of linux what-so-ever... In this, I see it easier for those ppl to get a "small bare bones OS" and then let them learn how to use it and let them get the feel that they have accomplished something on their own by downloading and installing from a repo... :D

That having been said, Novo could work for some whom are clever, and a Full On OS like UE2.* for those whom have the time and access.. :D
Linux needs to invest in Simplicity if it is to stand a chance against Windows.. :D

Registered linux user #454306
My machine has registration number #362486.
oceania68
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Christmas Edition

Postby oceania68 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:19 pm

ok.. summary of my findings about/on your forum LastOS...
As I have slight trouble installing Novo...

Edit: Strike that, I got it install but .... hadnt worked... so will try again lata...

Edit:: Main post was deleted as it was not appropriate any longer... :D aint I good.... :P
Last edited by oceania68 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linux needs to invest in Simplicity if it is to stand a chance against Windows.. :D

oceania68
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby JOHNNYG » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Nice summery oceania68, BUT You should post this on there forum! as this is not an L/OS forum critique thread! ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby oceania68 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:55 pm

JOHNNYG wrote:Nice summery oceania68, BUT You should post this on there forum! as this is not an L/OS forum critique thread! ;)

Hey Johnny, I tried but for some reason it just never posted up.... so this was my last resort... :(

but i'll try again.. and see what happens... and then my posts can be deleted from here... :D

Edit: Strike that, it worked... god knows why it didnt last time.... perhaps theres too many "Last's" in the sentence... :lol:

oceania68
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Previous

Return to Suggestions