Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Change your OS build method to Novo

A place to make suggestions...

Change your OS build method to Novo

Postby LastOS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Novo Builder:
(Right click and choose View Image to see full image)

Home Page:
http://www.cyvoc.net/novoweb/index.html

Hello I am a Cyvoc Studios/LastOS Developer and have been watching Ultimate Edition grow in to a part of the growing Linux community, to give back to what I have learned from using this I want you all to try our Novo Builder as an alternative to having to manually build a release. It is all open sourced and easy enough for anyone with some time to play, to be able to make a LiveCD DVD or CD ISO Image using just the automated builder.

I hope you find this useful and your more than welcome to ask questions in this post about it, tho the support forum for it may also be used if you need information on it, it's still a young project and open to requests, but it's fully functional and has built my own Pre-Set I created (LastOS_Linux) which has almost all the packages from Ubuntu Lucid, Ultimate Edition and Mint, plus it has a few of my own created themes, wallpapers, tools and choices.

You are all welcome to use this, but please consider helping with the Novo Project to make it do what you need.

All the best

Glenn

To install in your Linux:

• Download and extract this: http://www.cyvoc.net/novoweb/Install_No ... ash.tar.gz
  • Run the Install_Novo_Builder.bash file it extracts, it will ask for your sudo password to add the novo-repo (cyvoc) repository to your system, it will then proceed to install Novo Builder to your Menus - Applications/System Tools/Novo (Root) location.
Last edited by LastOS on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
LastOS
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Christmas Edition

Re: Change your OS build method to Novo

Postby billhedrick » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 am

seems like this should have been a private email to theemannn, IMHO
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby LastOS » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:57 am

Why? it's open sourced and the more people who use and improve it the better things will become. I am sure there is more than just 1 person here with the skills and the need of this technology. I run my own 2 forums and give all my active members administrative access, putting all my trust in to other people has got me this far in life and I choose to share all my work publicly to make life easier and faster for people of all walks of life.

I truly hope that the main OS Modders in the Linux scene take me more serious than those of my previous Windows Mods, I got a huge user base of the end products with all the features I added, but it's not as rewarding as giving the free community the tools to make the world even more productive on the method of producing a customized OS and all the parts that go along with it.

I know this builder is able to generate a true Ultimate Edition and a True Mint or Ubuntu, but as I am not the creator of either of these releases and haven't been involved from the start I would love to have TheeMannn take the time to build up a pre-set for the future released Novo, I posted a similar thread at the Mint forum for hopes of the same to occur there. The Base OS's are Ubuntu and Kubuntu and Mint so far, but this can easily be added to with these and more OS's, the only requirement is that it uses Debian Packages - I've had no experience with RPM but if anyone else wanted to mod the builder to work with it, the source code is available on my repository to install inside the Builders main folder and work with the builder on any existing pre-sets and base OS you have for the compiled version.

Simply put, this has the potential to grow in to a major tool for all of us, it just needs some attention and time spent by those who can make the most out of what it is.
LastOS
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DaringSoule » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:07 am

i am going to give it a whirl with Ultimate Jr and the 2 school OS projects i have been asked to work on. Thanks for the open post.
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby LastOS » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:15 am

The help file included in the builder is a place holder only -

http://www.cyvoc.net/novoweb/Novo_Help.odt

This is the current working help document I have been working on, may help you get started if you know the builder inside out first. I also recommend you do a LastOS Pre-Set build or even a Ubuntu build first, to see how it all works.

Remember you can only build a x86 (32 bit) OS if your using a x86 host OS to build on. amd64 requires a x64 host OS.
LastOS
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DaringSoule » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:59 am

unfortunately i can not import Ultimate Edition, what makes Ultimate Edition Ultimate Edition is Theemahn has tweaked the coding in alot of Ubuntu. i could make something that looks like it but not work like it. I wish their was a import feature to do so.
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby LastOS » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:15 am

It allows entering any repository, then it allows any bash script to be ran before any application packages and after them. This allows anything to be made with Novo.

It builds from scratch, for making a whole OS, it is not for building upon an existing build ISO. Thats why I am hoping a developer of Ultimate Edition will consider making up a pre-set that I can turn in to a base, I made one for mint already, but unless I know the current details for building Ultimate Edition from scratch it will never be a proper base for the builder. I still think you may enjoy a look at LastOS Linux - even if you don't want to spend time making your own presets you can grab some of the features and ideas I implemented in my very own Pre-Set and script it for install on your own Mod.
LastOS
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby DaringSoule » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:29 am

ah now that i totally understand. cause thats what i have to do every time he comes out with a new OS i have started Ultimate Edition jr 3 times in the last month cause of new editions getting released. then remixing to fit my needs but i am pretty positive i am not getting clear to the core.

anyway from what i have seen i like the feel of your builder much better than the others i have looked at. also like the fact that it is local not just a net face. also truly love the editor especially it being object oriented.
DaringSoule
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:29 pm

LastOS wrote:Novo Builder:
(Right click and choose View Image to see full image)

Home Page:
http://www.cyvoc.net/novoweb/index.html

Hello I am a Cyvoc Studios/LastOS Developer and have been watching Ultimate Edition grow in to a part of the growing Linux community, to give back to what I have learned from using this I want you all to try our Novo Builder as an alternative to having to manually build a release. It is all open sourced and easy enough for anyone with some time to play, to be able to make a LiveCD DVD or CD ISO Image using just the automated builder.

I hope you find this useful and your more than welcome to ask questions in this post about it, tho the support forum for it may also be used if you need information on it, it's still a young project and open to requests, but it's fully functional and has built my own Pre-Set I created (LastOS_Linux) which has almost all the packages from Ubuntu Lucid, Ultimate Edition and Mint, plus it has a few of my own created themes, wallpapers, tools and choices.

You are all welcome to use this, but please consider helping with the Novo Project to make it do what you need.

All the best

Glenn

Glenn,

I have constructed 5 debs that does almost all of my work for me... The customizations deb took me nearly 4 months to write. Give me a few to re-install Ultimate Edition 2.8 and I will reproach this post. I installed Win 7 to my raptor to start work on Wubi and whacked my Ultimate Edition 2.8, just as fast for me to re-install as to replace my grub. Since I have no access to XFS file systems in windows, I had to re-download Ultimate Edition.

13 minutes to finish downloading, 5 minutes to install.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby LastOS » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Thats the best part about using your own releases - You know it has all the tools you need :)

It would be really awesome if you find this useful and share publicly what you accomplish with it, the great thing about making your version of Ultimate Edition into a preset for Novo is that any of us Customizers are able to have the latest release with the latest updates applied and any customized changes/tweaks without you having to put up a whole ISO release every few weeks.

I've spent 8 years modding Windows XP then Vista then 7, but I never felt like I was accomplishing enough good in the world by improving windows. Since I moved on to modding Linux this year, I've managed to get it to do everything I need it to (with the exception of Photoshop and PaintShop Pro, I still run 7 dual boot for this).

I was not wanting to learn a new language and as such I choose to use Gambas to develop my tools, the runtimes are small and the code is simple, so I hope you find some new tricks or some things to help improve Ultimate Edition or the methods you use to release or update it with Novo Builder.

Keep in touch and feel free to PM me if you need to.

PS I am currently working on a Meerkat Pre-set to include with the next release, and I'll finish off the help for it after this.
LastOS
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Next

Return to Suggestions