[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Usplash Maker 1.03 - Programming
Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Usplash Maker 1.03

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

94%
6%

Total votes : 17

Re: Usplash Maker

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Attachments
tum1.png
TUM (TheeMahn's USlash Maker is born, long road ahead)
fireingitup.png
bringing it up...
installation.png
tum 1.0.0-1
gladework.png
Starting to take form... reusing some ultamatix code, saves me time...
. Got a question? Please review the Browse the section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby red_team316 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:56 pm

Attachments
GUI-WIP.png
Core i7 920(working on a decent OC), x58 ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 6GB DDR3 1600, EVGA 8800GTS512, Silencer 750W PSU, CoolerMaster V8, Red Antec900
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:16 am

I do not try I am hot. where do I try to draw the line?

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby red_team316 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:03 pm

I'm guessing you were drunk when you posted that lol.

See the attached file below.
I'm pretty sure that it is the final version of my paletting work. I've tested it and it works great. If you can somehow find a bug, let me know :) If you use this, it should convert/append/palette/crop all of the images correctly.

Example Usage: Example usage: /bin/bash usplashmagick-prepareimages 640x480 800x600 1280x1024 1600x1200

You can use any resolutions that you want, even something crazy like 1234x4321, but obviously nobody has a monitor that can do that :P

I've still got to figure out the grep crap...:(
Other than that, I will be doing dynamic usplash-theme.c and Makefiles very similar to the attached script. That way they can all be fed the same info and work nicely with each other.
Attachments
usplashmagick.tar.gz
(657.43 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
Core i7 920(working on a decent OC), x58 ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 6GB DDR3 1600, EVGA 8800GTS512, Silencer 750W PSU, CoolerMaster V8, Red Antec900
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby darkmaster » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:44 am

Hallo everyone, this is my first post, I'm Luca D.M., from OpenGEU. I have no ability of creating an usplash theme on my own, so I had to use TUM, but it didn't work in Hardy, Gutsy, Ultimate based on Hardy.... at the end I downloaded Ultimate based on Feisty, loaded it as Live CD and used the script there.. it half worked... meaning that I had two png pictures, moon.png and sun.png but when I used the script on them, a nameless .so file was created everytime. This was not a problem afterall, I just renamed it but..

When I install those themes I created, they seem to work and load fine but if I call Usplash Switcher, it shows me no preview of those themes and trying to click on the preview button results in Usplash Switcher telling me they are not valid themes... please help, I use Usplash Switcher in my distro, people is used to it, I cannot show people the work in this shameful state :(

If you can guess what the problem is, than go on and tell me, I'll fix it... but if you have no clue, I'm also happy if a volunteer shows up and PVM me with his mail, so that I can send him the 2 pictures for the theme and he can create for me 100% working usplash themes, that's what I need in the end... :(

Sorry for asking for help this badly guys but I really need help right now :(
Of course, please help me only if you know that for you the TUM works 100% well and if you are going to test the results before sending 'em to me ;)

Thank you everyone in advance, I hope someone will be able to help. Bye,

Luca
darkmaster
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.4 64 BIT

Postby red_team316 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:52 pm

Luca,
If you can't get the older TUM scripts working on your box, you are going to have to make it manually as the new TUM is a WIP. Try only using 1 image in tum at a time(i.e. moon.png) and see how that works

Here's how to make one manually:
Run: sudo apt-get install make gcc libbogl-dev libusplash-dev
Download and from my previous post.
Extract them onto your system somewhere.
Replace the images in usplashmagick/usplash folder with your preferred images(just make sure the throbbers are the same size for now 216x8)
run /bin/bash usplashmagick-prepareimages 640x400 640x480 800x600 1024x768 1280x1024 1365x768 1440x900
Once the images are generated copy them to the ultimate 1.9 usplash folder and replace and rename them to TheeMahn's naming scheme(my bg images have x's and his have _'s, also he's got a ton of throbber images).
Once you have all the images replaced/renamed in the ultimate 1.9 folder, open a terminal in that folder and type: make
That should create your .so file correctly. Once that is done, then load it into usplash switcher.

You can test the usplash yourself by doing: sudo usplash -c -x 800 -y 600
...or you can use the usplashmagick-test bash script I posted above.

As long as your running your usplash with quiet/non-verbose it should be fine.

EDIT: hmm come to think of it, you really need to mess with the c code if you want a perfect usplash since I know for a fact that the text offsets in the eft-theme.c example in /usr/share/doc/libusplash-dev/examples are in the wrong position. It looks like TheeMahn fixed his right but you're stuck with his position choice. You should only see the text when around every 40th time you boot, it decides to fsck one of your partitions...

TheeMahn:
update- I did figure out how to get the individual palette indexes so they can be used in a GUI. I found some great info on string splitting without awk and it works wonders. I'm suprised I couldn't find any info on it in other bash references.
Makefile creator script is also done.
Now all I need to do is finish the dynamic theme creator script that takes into account(resolutions, palette indexes, text position, and animation type)
Other than that, tidy up my install/test scripts to work with the finalized code...

Just torrented 1.9 and now seeding...I'll install it later this week ;)
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:44 pm

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby red_team316 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:29 pm

red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby red_team316 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:39 am

Yea, post a link, email, PM or whatever is easiest for you. Not only may it help me understand zenity better I'm curious as to how that would also tie into a preview window, thats something I thought would be a great feature. I know there is a way to do it with imagemagick...maybe I need to look into that as my original thought was to have the GUI do it(the gtk.gdk.pixbuf from one of my earlier posts). Not only would having imagemagick do it be another option, it wouldn't tie it to any particular GUI which would be preferable.

So you combined TUM and GDM maker...whats that make...GUM (GDM/Usplash Maker)? :P

OT: I like your new av, saw your post about the animation plugin. Kinda looks like it takes a graphic and wraps it around a 3D primative(I would figure it does cubes and other shapes too).
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

PreviousNext

Return to Programming