Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix)

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Ultimate Edition Script (Ultamatix)

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:09 pm

climby,

Thanks for the kind comments. I want to let you know I have "fixed the mint issues" It was released to admin / beta testers not an hour ago.
finally.png
Thus we begin, I refuse to install mint in anything, but a virtual machine.

whynot.png
Why not test out the Ultimate Edition 2.4 theme pack too why we are at it?

failure.png
Failure

working it.png
Re-built with "Gloria" support

good2go.png
Good to go

minting.png
Minting it Ultamatix style ;)

Beta testers, you know where to get it username and password applies. You don't want to hear my opinion of mint ;) Would you like an acct on the beta testers server?

Thanks again,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:37 pm

I see you cab, perhaps a call? lol
cab.png
I see you ;)

I interrupted his breakfast, he is going to call me back. He said he was going to call me in about an hour anyways ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby stanca » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Good job this time,finally,Ultamatix working on Lenny too: :D <BREW>
2009-07-25-204924_1280x1024_scrot.png

And on Ultimate Edition 2.2 too:
Screenshot.png
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:41 pm

stanca wrote:Good job this time,finally,Ultamatix working on Lenny too: :D <BREW>
The attachment 2009-07-25-204924_1280x1024_scrot.png is no longer available

And on Ultimate Edition 2.2 too:
The attachment 2009-07-25-204924_1280x1024_scrot.png is no longer available

Thanks for the confirmation, I did not want to install debian too, to do the same as I did with mint ;)

Let me know if you see any issues in debian & I will squash them one at a time. I guess what my ultimate goal is to move that file out of that folder to /repo and let everyone enjoy the new ultamatix.

Speaking of repo, I now have realized thanks to cab that the Ultamatix repository is not built into Ultimate Edition 2.3 x64 as it is in the x86 version he was running Ultamatix 6 release not 7 as is in x86 and complained about inet connection a showstopper. The fix for users that run Ultimate Edition 2.3 x64:
Open a terminal(applications>>accessories>>terminal):
Code: Select all
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ultamatix.sources.list

Paste the following it should be empty:
deb http://downloadue.info/repo/ jaunty all#Ultamatix Repository

Update your sources list:
sudo apt-get update

Upgrade:
sudo apt-get upgrade

Expect a bunch of new software... Including a new ultamatix that does not have that issue.

Enjoy & thanks cab for bringing it to my attention,

TheeMahn
Attachments
haveit.png
Cabs machine yanking down the updates... He has a high speed connection, wish I did.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby climby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:13 pm

Great news, TheeMahn

I myself had just prepared hd room for Mint last night and had installed it, but I'm glad to see that you took the VM route as oppose to formatting and having to fully test it. Great news for Lenny too and I didn't even noticed about the Ultamatix repository's and Ultimate Edition 2.3. (Even though I already had the ultamatix.sources.list line in mine somehow.) I'm currently using Ultimate Edition 2.3 and have tried it with ext4 since I haven't tried it before. I've got to say I am one impressed believer. :D

TheeMahn wrote:Beta testers, you know where to get it username and password applies. You don't want to hear my opinion of mint ;) Would you like an acct on the beta testers server?

Thanks again,
TheeMahn

I don't know if that question was directed at me or not but If i were asked to become a tester I probably couldn't refuse. I want to be of some help towards this community and learn more about the core of Linux and programming as I plan on taking some core Linux Server classes at my college. I guess you could say that I go to a Early College High School. I take high school classes and college classes so I wish to not limit myself to knowledge and love to help out the community, this would be no different.

I also noticed that it seemed most of the testers I know about only have 32bit processors (no offense, not trying to offer any disrespect, lol) I know that I am fortunate to have the computer I do, and to know enough about Linux while also converting my whole family to Ultimate Edition. They like it, its simplistic. They don't have to do any work after install, but then again when they have issues they call for me. I just wanted to be of some help, it's your ultimate decision TheeMahn. If you ever need more help with testing a 64bit app or OS, I'm just letting you know I'm available. I'd love to dedicate some of my time to help this community expand more.
Mainboard: ECS MCP61PM-HM HP/Compaq Nettle3-GL8E
Chipset: NVidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9650 95W (NZXT - Tower 550W PSU)
Ram: 8 GB OCZ Reaper Dual Channel DDR2 800 (128 bit Ganged mode - Heat Pipes)
Video: ATI Radeon HD 3870 GDDR4 512mb w/ 2 x PCI Cooler system
Hard Disks: 720 GB (2 x 360) SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm, 1 x 500gb Seagate FreeAgent External USB 2.0
Sound Card: Realtek HD ALC 888S chipset (6 channel digital)
16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive
climby
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Pierre » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:13 am

Thanks for the kind comments. I want to let you know I have "fixed the mint issues" It was released to admin / beta testers not an hour ago.

Yep - works on both my Mint & Lenny O/Ss. 8-)

the Mint was better / easier & only required the user pwd to install itself & some software that I tried out,
not sure about the Debian though, as I had some user privileges issues & have to run as root, instead.
that'd be a debian user issue though. :D :D
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:59 am

Pierre wrote:

Yep - works on both my Mint & Lenny O/Ss. 8-)

the Mint was better / easier & only required the user pwd to install itself & some software that I tried out,
not sure about the Debian though, as I had some user privileges issues & have to run as root, instead.
that'd be a debian user issue though. :D :D

I have not used Debian since sid and disliked it because of permission rights constantly having to use my root acct. Another thing it did not have gdebi installed by default being a user of ubuntu it is these little things that made me turn by back on Debian. Debian is a decent O/S in my opinion it was something I could eventually get used to. Mint I refuse to run. It is way away from ubuntu, I tried to install the Ultimate Edition 2.4 theme pack and it did not work as far as usplash, because they have deviated so far for ubuntu, I was surprised that the login window (GDM) worked.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Pierre » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:06 am

disliked it because of permission rights constantly having to use my root acct. & Another thing it did not have gdebi installed by default

yep - I had to install Gdeb too.

that's why Ultamatix is way cool for Debian - can add things into - real easy like. 8-)
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby climby » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:17 am

Yeah, about the Debian issue I've yet to try Ultamatix on it myself but the permission problems are caused because you have to take time in installing sudo and configuring it for your username. This is required for every user and can require things such as forming user groups etc. I have tested it on Mint 7 x64 and it seemed to have gone well. I was working on screen shots but I've got some more Operating Systems in mind to test.

I'm actually on Hardy now on my main system as It seems to run a lot smoother for me than Intrepid or jaunty. This is where Ultamatix comes in handy, I prefer things done how I want them and tend to "Build my own O/S". On my time with hardy, I have noticed some apt issues with Ultamatix and installing packages. I think I may have found the root to this problem:

If you notice there is no hardy folder on http://downloadue.info/repo/dists/

Error: Err http://downloadue.info hardy/all Packages
  404 Not Found
W: Failed to fetch http://downloadue.info/repo/dists/hardy/all/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404 Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

EDIT: This issue has now been solved thanks to TheeMahn fixing the repository as posted below.
Attachments
hardyultamatix.png
http://downloadue.info hardy/ not found
Last edited by climby on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mainboard: ECS MCP61PM-HM HP/Compaq Nettle3-GL8E
Chipset: NVidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9650 95W (NZXT - Tower 550W PSU)
Ram: 8 GB OCZ Reaper Dual Channel DDR2 800 (128 bit Ganged mode - Heat Pipes)
Video: ATI Radeon HD 3870 GDDR4 512mb w/ 2 x PCI Cooler system
Hard Disks: 720 GB (2 x 360) SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm, 1 x 500gb Seagate FreeAgent External USB 2.0
Sound Card: Realtek HD ALC 888S chipset (6 channel digital)
16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive
climby
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:45 pm

climby wrote:Yeah, about the Debian issue I've yet to try Ultamatix on it myself but the permission problems are caused because you have to take time in installing sudo and configuring it for your username. This is required for every user and can require things such as forming user groups etc. I have tested it on Mint 7 x64 and it seemed to have gone well. I was working on screen shots but I've got some more Operating Systems in mind to test.

I'm actually on Hardy now on my main system as It seems to run a lot smoother for me than Intrepid or jaunty. This is where Ultamatix comes in handy, I prefer things done how I want them and tend to "Build my own O/S". On my time with hardy, I have noticed some apt issues with Ultamatix and installing packages. I think I may have found the root to this problem:

If you notice there is no hardy folder on http://downloadue.info/repo/dists/

Error: Err http://downloadue.info hardy/all Packages
  404 Not Found
W: Failed to fetch http://downloadue.info/repo/dists/hardy/all/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404 Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Thanks once again, for reporting a bug, I have fixed the hardy issue on the repository... If you would like a new Ultamatix I have replaced it on the beta test server, uploaded today. I will open you an acct on, please sit tight for a few minutes for me to set it up. I will send you a PM with your info.

Other beta testers, I suggest you look at the time / date stamp on the files I upload, I am not going to send a PM everytime I upload a new Ultamatix etc.

Sort by date is clickable:
ontop.png

Thanks,

TheeMahn

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Programming