Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Suspend & Hibernate ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Users. Solved !

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

Suspend & Hibernate ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Users. Solved !

Postby jeddaboy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:14 am

Hi All. Hope this is of help to others using this,now long in the tooth but still great Motherboard. :)

For years now i have been running ASUS A8N-SLI Premium MB's, two up and running at present. My own with AMD Athlon 4600 x 2 64, my wifes AMD Athlon 3800 X 2 64 and years ago i could only afford a single core AMD Athlon 3200. I have multiple hard drives and partitions, NTFS Storage, Windows 7 Ultimate and at present Ultimate 2.5. I have previously had PCLinuxOS and Mint installed as well. Windows XP and now Win 7 have always been able to put the computer into hibernate or S3 suspend(sleep). Never could i get ANY Linux distro to put this motherboard into hibernate or suspend. I have posted on many forums over the years, googled time and time again. Today i found this post and am Very happy to say it works, and works well! Link below:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/347150

The trick is to Disable USB Legacy option in the bios.

The answer to the problem is reply #5. Resume from suspend is very quick. Google Chrome, Firefox, Thunderbird, VLC, Downloads, Music, Open Office Writer all open and did a Hibernate. Thought i might be pushing my luck! At boot i chose Recovery and it loaded the system snapshot nice and fast. Cheers from Gold Coast Australia. <BREW>
jeddaboy
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Return to Hardware