Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Wacom Graphics Tablet - Buttons on pen reversed

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

Wacom Graphics Tablet - Buttons on pen reversed

Postby markusmunch » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Hey folks,

Can anyone help me restore the correct button functions (pen tip = left mouse click and so on) on my Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet? It worked fine OTB and then the buttons screwed up so that pen tip now = right mouse click. Travelled around Google for a few hours and found nothing I can work with so far - I'm Very wary of doing ANYTHING to xorg.conf from previous experience and many workarounds are for similar problems rather than the specific issue I have. Any help much appreciated :-)
"Buy the ticket, take the ride"
markusmunch
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Wacom Graphics Tablet - Buttons on pen reversed

Postby cowboy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:55 am

Not knowing your system specs, or even what distro you are running.....kind of hard to say..
deate and myself did trade some goods year back....and i do have a older version of the Wacom...have not a problem with it...have you tried reinstalling the Wacom..?
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby markusmunch » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:17 am

cowboy wrote:Not knowing your system specs, or even what distro you are running.....kind of hard to say..
deate and myself did trade some goods year back....and i do have a older version of the Wacom...have not a problem with it...have you tried reinstalling the Wacom..?

Oops! My bad. I'm running Ultimate Edition 2.5/Karmic on a laptop that definitely meets the system requirements. The most annoying thing is it DID work fine!

edit: Yes, have tried reinstalling and have now tried the workaround here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1038949 but got no further than step 5 of Favux' tutorial. Have now posted a request for some help on page 80 of that thread but neglected to provide enough information for him to be able to help. Have remedied that and am now waiting to see if he (or ANYONE else!!!!!) can get this thing working in spite of my total n00bishness!
markusmunch
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby deate » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:34 am

I can't help, I've got mine tied to an XP box (too many favorite programs there) Have you tried running from you Live Dvd???to see if it works there? Cause it sounds like an "UPDATE" caused your problems??? You know, I hate to say it, but when I get everything working on 1 of my Ultimate Edition boxes...I turn off update notifier...and do not change anything unless it stops working...but that's just my approach
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby markusmunch » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 pm

deate wrote:I can't help, I've got mine tied to an XP box (too many favorite programs there) Have you tried running from you Live Dvd???to see if it works there? Cause it sounds like an "UPDATE" caused your problems??? You know, I hate to say it, but when I get everything working on 1 of my Ultimate Edition boxes...I turn off update notifier...and do not change anything unless it stops working...but that's just my approach

Cheers for the input; like i say "ANY help much appreciated!" Will doublecheck when I logout of Vi$ta, but I'm not sure I'd updated anything in the matter of hours between the tablet working and not working properly. My non-UE Ubuntu box (Karmic) supports all the functions I need from the tablet at present but I'm not sure if it would be possible to use the configuration from that machine - chiefly because I'm not even 100% sure if this is an xorg.conf problem or something else entirely.
markusmunch
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby deate » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:59 pm

That's why I thought you might gain some information from running Live DVD? (set your computer to boot from DVD pop in the live DVD, then if you tablet is functioning properly there, you'd know that it was something you did (update, system changes, etc.???)
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby cowboy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:21 pm

markusmunch ,
By some slim chance are you in complz.....?
L have hooked my wacom and it does act funny while in compiz....and am on a laptop also....
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby markusmunch » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:24 am

cowboy wrote:markusmunch ,
By some slim chance are you in complz.....?
L have hooked my wacom and it does act funny while in compiz....and am on a laptop also....

Hmm, int'restin'... was using Compiz, tried w/out and no change there :-(
Deate: will try in a live session, but I know the pad works and has worked; both on this and other machines.
markusmunch
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Return to Hardware