Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

pendrive showing error while connecting

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

pendrive showing error while connecting

Postby sjohn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:48 am

Hi all,

I recently bought a new pendrive and got some data from my friends computer. In his computer it works fine. In my computer it shows error when tring to connect. The error popups that the hardware need to install. Can anyone tell why this shows. I have to put my data in my computer which in pendrive. I can't format it. There is no switch in my pendrive.

So please tell me how should get my data back from my pendrive without formating them?
sjohn
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: pendrive showing error while connecting

Postby DarkChild » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:28 am

Hello sjohn.

You need to give us more detail information so that we can better help, like the name/brand pen drive, also the version of Ultimate Edition that your currently running etc. Is it a SanDisk pen drive? If yes i will recommend that you install an application call "pmount" from "Synaptic Package Manager" "even if its not a SanDisk pen driver still install the above application and try again".

Example in the screen below:
Attachments
Screenshot.png
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God