Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

printer for ultimate edition

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

Re: printer for ultimate edition

Postby dathem » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:10 pm

Hello, I have an HP photosmart C6280 All-in-one, works great with the usb connection and I also managed to connect with ease using ethernet connection with the HPLIP installed and you also need the HPLIP-GUI installed. Have your printer on and then go to SYSTEM/PREFERENCE/HPLIP TOOLBOX, it will say can't find printer (or something like that) but there is a button to click on for it to look for a wireless/wired connection, shouldn't take more than a few seconds, and it will find your printer, and off you go.

Don't buy a Kodak brand printer, while linux can see my Kodak printer with any connection ( USB, ethernet, or wireless) there are no drivers avialable.
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Re: printer for ultimate edition

Postby melinawaugh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:37 pm

I'd say go for HP ... I do not know much. HP is good anyway, not a bad restriction. I made the mistake of buying a Canon camera, that the support of the slab.
melinawaugh
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Hardware