Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Hardwarelist

Discuss Hardware related issues here...

Hardwarelist

Postby Uffe » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:14 am

Found a list that I think is worth contributing to, so it will be easier to select hardware. http://www.ubuntuhcl.org/browse/search
Uffe

Ubuntu minimal w/ Mate desktop 64bit
Asrock N68-GE3 UCC - AMD X4 640 - 4 Gb Kingston ram
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 60 Gb + 500 Gb WD sATA HD

Ultimate Edition 2.9 64bit
Asrock 2core 1333-2.66G - 2 Gb Kingston ram
750 Gb Samsung WD sATA HD
Plextor DVD-RW - Asus 24" fladskærm

If your Danish, try http://www.linux-abc.dk to share your knowledge and questions
Uffe

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Hardwarelist

Postby pch.shot » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:49 am

We have our own hardware section here. Have you listed all your working hardware there, yet?
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Uffe » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:37 pm

pch.shot wrote:We have our own hardware section here. Have you listed all your working hardware there, yet?

I know - and no, I haven't - because it's not a database, just an unorganized long tread with all sorts of hardware blended together, and I think it will be very time-consuming to use the longer it gets.
I'm a happy user of Ultimate Edition and this forum, but why not use the benefit of a much larger database for hardware?
Only thing that misses there is Ultimate Edition on the OS-list. Ubuntu is there, and if things work there, chances are good it work here too.

Just my opinion. :)
Uffe

If your Danish, try http://www.linux-abc.dk to share your knowledge and questions
Uffe

Postby Uffe » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:43 pm

strider5236 wrote:The only problem with that is the hardware on that list may work differently on Ultimate then Ubuntu as Ultimate is only based on Ubuntu and is at the core a different beast all together. So that list would not be that helpful to our community.

Would it then be possible to contact the site and get Ultimate Edition on the list ?
Uffe

Uffe

Postby pch.shot » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:11 pm

I personally don't want contact with Ubuntu(it is corporate sponsored). I'm not a fan of their forum because it is censored. You can't be yourself. This is a totally open and honest forum where people are allowed to express themselves openly. If you want to join their forum or community that is your choice. I don't even like the fact that people associate us with Ubuntu. Ultimate is not Ubuntu. It confuses many people because they think that because Ubuntu installed on their computer that Ultimate will as well. They also think that Wubi will install Ultimate for them. I don't think you realize the time The Mahn spends fixing the errors that come with Ubuntu. Have you looked at the latest Ubuntu. I couldn't get decent sound out of it no matter what I tried!!
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Uffe » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:55 pm

pch.shot wrote:I personally don't want contact with Ubuntu(it is corporate sponsored). I'm not a fan of their forum because it is censored. You can't be yourself.

I didn't know that site is sponsored/owned by Canonical. Can't find any where on the site where one can see who ownes it - thought is was a "free" site because the OS'ses to those between
Dropdown.png
Dropdown.png (8.87 KiB) Viewed 6286 times

pch.shot wrote: This is a totally open and honest forum where people are allowed to express themselves openly. If you want to join their forum or community that is your choice. I don't even like the fact that people associate us with Ubuntu. Ultimate is not Ubuntu. It confuses many people because they think that because Ubuntu installed on their computer that Ultimate will as well. They also think that Wubi will install Ultimate for them. I don't think you realize the time The Mahn spends fixing the errors that come with Ubuntu. Have you looked at the latest Ubuntu. I couldn't get decent sound out of it no matter what I tried!!

No, I don't wanna join them, I have never used them, I started years ago with "FreeSpire" without realy getting the hang of it. Last summer I stumbled upon a mediecenter OS called eAROS -build by a dane over Ubuntu http://www.earos.dk/ but this is discontinued. Then in august I found Ultimate Edition, and have not used anything else since - apart from XP a little bit because of work - and I'm happy with that :D :D
Uffe

Uffe

Postby Uffe » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:16 pm

strider5236 wrote:I think it would be cool if we had a list of compatible hardware and hardware that has issues. The only problem is that we would need some one to put that list together and then maintain it. That is a big task and a lot to ask from some one. If you would like to volunteer for this job, I could pass on the request to TheeMahn and see what he thinks. ;)

If it's about filling data in a database - I wouldn't mind - but if I have to build the base my self - I don't have the skills yet - then I'll have to find some one to help.
Uffe

Uffe

Postby Uffe » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Could it be like the concept that other site, where you choose: type of hardware, manufacture, and OS= Ultimate Edition 1.9-64bit or Ultimate Edition 2.1-x86 f.ex.
It could be great, and with "The Nick Concept" :D :D - copy-paste - it would not be so bad on time-consumption.
Uffe

Uffe

Postby Uffe » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:56 pm

I know an old IT-supporter who might have the skills, if you can't organize something, I can try to ask him. He has been making databases for the danish state-something and worked in unix, dos and win, so...........
Let me know what you find out, you can just send a PM
Uffe

Uffe

Postby pch.shot » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:57 pm

It's a great idea as long as we have a dedicated person to keep it updated(and I'm not volunteering Maybe the person with the great idea can commit!!
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God