Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Debian

You vote how Ultimate Edition should look....

Ultimate Debian

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:04 pm

My thoughts keep straying towards Micro's OS, Ultamatix, Repomaster, ARM, on and on, but

even though it would have a minty smell, there is some gain from having a footprint in Debian. Although emulate in nature, I don't think Debian is going away from the ARM setup it is currently employing and this makes sense due to the fact that resource saving measures are being employed while ARM systems keep getting more and more powerful. All it takes is a single 32 bit "lite" Ultimate distribution on Debian. This by itself has extreme advantages within the Debian architecture, but it also leads a clear path to running on ARM without having to rip apart and deal with Ubuntu.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: Ultimate Debian

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:20 pm

I am working on a Debain Squeeze "Stable" base, all "tweaked" out ! and will send it to Thee and have him Kick it around ! ;) :ugeek:
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:22 pm

UlimateDebian.png

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Micro » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Make it Rolling JOHNNYG ;) Unstable is more stable than Ubuntu at any level...My final project will reveal in the near future. :P Makes me shivver when i say Rolling, MATE, E17, Liquorix, Ultimate Themed, Ultimate Player, and Steam. Whoa!!! There is no better line-up. :shock: Or I would be running... Check out the Opera theme

Screenshot.png
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:20 am

See Look!! Developers!! :leonardo

:p

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:56 am

I can not wait til school is over(1 month) :D so can investigate other architectures. Agree that there is some hassles with the ubuntu architecture. Am just a child in all this, but will grow to learn more & do better as time goes on. Is a very enjoyable venture thus far and will thank everyone here for that always!!!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:29 pm

The more I have worked with Debian, The more I think we should drop Ubuntu like a bad habit ! I have both Squeeze and wheezy and both are far superior to what Canonical has p.u.ked up !! compiz is as stable as can be in both releases, I have had no ! '0' issues, I am sure that TheeMahn could master a fine Ultimate Edition with Debian propper ! and make Ultimate Edition A true Debian release ! Ubuntu 13.04 is a piece of POOP ! I have never had to add drivers to get even a live session to work. ! I am Done with Ubuntu and all of its woe's I am sticking with Debian ! and what ever Thee comes up with ! but I really think it would be much easyer to work with, in the long run and we would'nt have to worry about the constant rediculous changes that Ubuntu comes up with !! How ever I would stir clear of a custom kernel, just to stay on top of the changes that the team at Debian will more than likely come up with in wheezy ! AND No more reinstall every 6 months ! AND That would take a load off of Thee ! JMHO !! Also might want to look into the CONSORT Desktop Gnome3 with Gnome2 look and feel ! Just a thought, Most everything that works in ubuntu, works in Debian, it is just that some of the places you are used to haveing things in like lib/plymouth, will be usr/share/plymouth, but most all is the same, Yup NEVER thought I would say it !!! but . . . . Ubuntu SUCKS ! and I wont even install it on my or anyones rigg ! as I dont have the time to run a Ubuntu How to School ! ;)
Thanks ! Carry on !
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby Micro » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:07 pm

I've been saying that for years now and have never looked back. Minus a few wise remarks about Ubuntu, ive respectfully held back. It is the best logical answer and never understood why Ubuntu has been put up with for the past few years. It's like asking for a headache. Debian just works and works well :) So good to read this i tell you what. <BREW> Although it does crush my hopes of MicroLinux being a part of Ultimate Edition in the matter of a Debian Rolling Release. :cry:
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Micro wrote:I've been saying that for years now and have never looked back. Minus a few wise remarks about Ubuntu, ive respectfully held back. It is the best logical answer and never understood why Ubuntu has been put up with for the past few years. It's like asking for a headache. Debian just works and works well :) So good to read this i tell you what. <BREW> Although it does crush my hopes of MicroLinux being a part of Ultimate Edition in the matter of a Debian Rolling Release. :cry:
\

Yup ! Debian that is the way to go ! ever since 8.10 (Ultimate 2.1) Ultimate and all the others have had to fight to keep up with Canonicals relentless self-mutalating tangent ! for what !? just to have to do it all again in 6 months ! I will not install any Ubuntu that is not LTS, and at that it would be just for testing ! I like the way squeeze lets me do what I want like 8.10 And wheezy IS gnome3, But much more stable (as in a rock) than any Ubuntu ! And I can still do the customizing with very little effort ! If Ultimate Edition would switch to Debian, Than TheeMahn could add his own programes to fill the "Ubuntu" void, gdm3 manager, plymouth manager, and some small "tweak" tools (Wich I am working on now) for Debian and SCREW Canononical !
P.S. Don't fret Ubuntu ppa fans most ppa's ment for Ubuntu can and do work in Debian, Our goal is to build an OS that JUST WORKS ! and after Thee get's his hands on it, Dam thing should be Platinum !!! <BREW> :ugeek:
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby Micro » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Debian with MATE reminds me of an older Ubuntu with GNOME 2, but superior in every aspect. 8-)
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Next

Return to Have Ultimate Edition your way.