Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Not All There

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.6

Not All There

Postby Acaster » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:02 pm

Apart from the other problems I have had in installing 3.6 I noticed early on there were no window borders on the live DVD. It didn't mean much at that stage and only became significant after installation when I tried to set graphics options.

There are no window borders under compiz. No window borders means you can't move them and if they shove themselves under the menu bar it seems pointless having them. I have to set metacity as window manager to get them and metacity does none of the visual effects I require.

Also I cannot get nautilus-gksu installed. Error messages say there is no keyring for 12.10 or some such. The 'Open as Administrator' option on right clicking a folder is something I miss greatly. Will dig out one of those 'Ubuntu Unleashed' books and try to find out how to log on and run as Administrator. If any one can save me the trouble I would appreciate.
Change ain't what it used to be

Ultimate Edition 3.0, 3.5, 3.5.1, 3.6, 3.8, 3.9, 4.2b & bgl
i5-760 @ 2.8 GHz cpu
MSI MS 7613 MainBoard
16 GigaBytes RAM
Hitachi 1 TB & Western Digitial 1 TB HDs
Radeon HD 5570
Acaster
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Not All There

Postby m@ddog » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:45 am

I have exactly the same problem, how to solve that problem is thank you
m@ddog
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby trooper » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:01 pm

I had the same problem with window borders and I solved it by restarting compiz: Run compiz --replace in the terminal and make sure Window Decoration is checked in Compiz Settings Manager.
trooper
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby m@ddog » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Still there is the problem of network connection he sees my network but can not connect though. I tested the 3.6 x86 it gives me but made ​​me error after installation and does not even launch the login window. For 64b no problem to install if the problem is network and no way to install network manager I'm stuck. if you have an idea it will be great ...
m@ddog
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby agstewart » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:35 pm

I have a similiar problem but I can't find ubuntu unity plugin in compiz manager mentioned below:

Install CCSM

CODE: SELECT ALL
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

And then run it in terminal (CTRL+ALT+T)

CODE: SELECT ALL
ccsm

Then search for "Ubuntu Unity Plugin". If it's not checked, check it.

If it is checked you may have another issue. Try restarting compiz:

Can someone help me please - i'm a newbie but enjoyed 3.5.2.

Alan
agstewart
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Acaster » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:01 am

Thanks Blackwolf but putting that line in the lightdm.conf file didn't seem to do anything so I'm using the workaround of gksu ( application ) in terminal ie gksu nautilus will let me put any file anywhere in the file system usefull when I want to put my own png files in /usr/share/backgrounds in order to select them in System>Preferences>Appearance for example

trooper wrote:I had the same problem with window borders and I solved it by restarting compiz: Run compiz --replace in the terminal and make sure Window Decoration is checked in Compiz Settings Manager.

And it worked. Can't find the cube shape options of cylinder or sphere though. Must have something to do with this version being dedicated to MATE & xmbc guis

Can't understand why there are so many references to unity above..

i5-760 @ 2.8 GHz cpu
MSI MS 7613 MainBoard
16 GigaBytes RAM
Radeon HD 5570
Acaster
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Re: Not All There [ Solved }

Postby Acaster » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:04 am

Thanks Blackwolf but putting that line in the lightdm.conf file didn't seem to do anything so I'm using the workaround of gksu ( application ) in terminal ie gksu nautilus will let me put any file anywhere in the file system usefull when I want to put my own png files in /usr/share/backgrounds in order to select them in System>Preferences>Appearance for example

trooper wrote:I had the same problem with window borders and I solved it by restarting compiz: Run compiz --replace in the terminal and make sure Window Decoration is checked in Compiz Settings Manager.

And it worked. Can't find the cube shape options of cylinder or sphere though. Must have something to do with this version being dedicated to MATE & xmbc guis

i5-760 @ 2.8 GHz cpu
MSI MS 7613 MainBoard
16 GigaBytes RAM
Radeon HD 5570
Acaster
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby billhedrick » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:24 pm

yea... I am gonna skip 3.6 and go to 4.0. 3.6 doesn't sound really as solid as I am used to.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Re: Not All There [ Solved }

Postby Xanayoshi » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:41 pm

Acaster wrote:Thanks Blackwolf but putting that line in the lightdm.conf file didn't seem to do anything so I'm using the workaround of gksu ( application ) in terminal ie gksu nautilus will let me put any file anywhere in the file system usefull when I want to put my own png files in /usr/share/backgrounds in order to select them in System>Preferences>Appearance for example

IDK Either! But it's location is where you find the ability to make spheres cubes, etc..
gn3.png

I would have assumed that it was already set up

"Must have something to do with this version being dedicated to MATE & xmbc guis"
I wouldn't think so. I mean..no, you can not use Compiz in in XBMC.
What happens when you try to initiate the cube?

Compiz is sketchy across all platforms, personally I create a text document for compiz --replace and run it through geany, it does sort of a double tap.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.6