Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Change default DE like UE3.4

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.5

Re: Change default DE like UE3.4

Postby JOHNNYG » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:13 pm

After you install Ultimate Edition, have you opened ALL repositories and updated ? That is the first thing I do and have had no issues that you speak of ! but then again, I have not seen or experienced the issues you speak of .
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Mostly multi DE related issues, upgrading 3.4 and 3.5 can be disaster. This is pretty standard, especially with multiple gnome bases. It's all relatively workable, but a direction has to be chosen, and it helps to know each DE and how it operates on its own. A tall order for 3.5, but that is by leaps and bounds the most flexible and workable for me, while retaining the whole having it all aspect. So long as I avoid the 12.10.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Xanayoshi wrote:Mostly multi DE related issues, upgrading 3.4 and 3.5 can be disaster. This is pretty standard, especially with multiple gnome bases. It's all relatively workable, but a direction has to be chosen, and it helps to know each DE and how it operates on its own. A tall order for 3.5, but that is by leaps and bounds the most flexible and workable for me, while retaining the whole having it all aspect. So long as I avoid the 12.10.

Yea that was a misprint I meant Update not upgrade ! As upgrading can be a real crap shoot ! But updating the system should resolve some of the issues ! I have had ALL DE's available loaded, and all but a few work with no issues, the few being lesser used or known DE's And I no longer install anything that is not LTS, as it is just not productive, and they tend to urinate me the opposite of on ! I may install an off LTS just to play and test, but the minute she goes south shes out'a'here ! I have spent {Wasted} so much time learning and building and finding, only to have all that just thrown out the window,and have to start all over again in 6 months !! :twisted: I used to love it, Until they started screw'n everything up ! now it is just to much of a hassle ! Anywho sorry to get off topic ! :D
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby kennyzz69 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:40 am

Xanayoshi wrote:Ultimate Edition 3.4 also has multiple desktops. Cinnamon and Gnome 3 are bust. Gnome Classic and Unity work fine, but I generally remove Unity..same thing as in 3.5. Gnome Classic is the default DE for 3.4.

If you want the latest version of Ultimate Edition, it would be Ultimate Edition 3.4 lite. I still do not know of this "locked" situation you are expressing concern for in 3.4. However, a Browser is hardly worth switching out the OS. Just fix the browser.
In 3.4 (fresh install this morning) and updated well, the default DE work fine (except jockey-gtk crash) and Gnome classic work better as in 3.5 swiched. (why to propose multi DE if work not very well?just a reflexion)
3.5 update don't install all updates repertories, just propose partial... (done just after install in KDE)
For Firefox, just in 3.4, not in 3.5, bookmark column is locked in width (perhaps I don't use the good word) :o)... and I've not found setting in about:config

JOHNNYG wrote:After you install Ultimate Edition, have you opened ALL repositories and updated ? That is the first thing I do and have had no issues that you speak of ! but then again, I have not seen or experienced the issues you speak of .
Yes, me too, the update is the first thing I do
Last edited by kennyzz69 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
CPU: Intel E8600
Radiateur CPU : Noctua NH-U12P
Carte mère : Asus P5Q Deluxe
Mémoire : G.Skill PI séries PC8800 2x2GB + G.Skill PI séries PC8500 Extreme 2x2GB
Stockage : Crucial M4 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Western Digital Red 2 x 3TB 3.5"
Alimentation : Corsair HX450 450W ATX12V
Lecteur optique : LG BD-RE BH10LS38
Moniteur : IIyama Prolite B2776HDS 27"
Clavier / Souris : Logitech G15 Refresh / Logitech G50
H.P. : Logitech G51
Onduleur : APC Back-UPS RS 900G
kennyzz69
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby kennyzz69 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:48 am

During my last comment, like in 3.5, I have a notification for crash of compiz...
Compiz seems to be very delicate... :/

I've a nvidia 9600GT graphic card and use defaut driver... normally, it's ok...
Mémoire : G.Skill PI séries PC8800 2x2GB + G.Skill PI séries PC8500 Extreme 2x2GB
kennyzz69
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:16 am

Compiz crashes. It happens. You can always reengage it with "compiz --replace or the compiz icon. It's pretty finicky sometimes.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby kennyzz69 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 am

I don't understand very well this : "You can always reengage it with "compiz --replace or the compiz icon"

I've always blue icon

When I clic on the notification, a window open with "star again" and after, an other one with proposition "I don't know what to do"...
kennyzz69
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:53 am

Open a Terminal and type compiz --replace, or invoke through alt+f2 if available

The Blue Icon is the Compiz Fusion Icon

Start Again would be it..but generally I reset the PC, or at least log out and back in, unless it crashes during a file transfer..then I wait for transfer to complete..and then reset

Depends on the severity of it

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby kennyzz69 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:17 am

I can't reset pc at each crash... When it's arrive, I'm on Firefox.
The terminal option reset and freeze screen before nornal with white screen on firefox... mmmm :/

I test during few days this release and see if it's stabilize it (not sure for grammatical) :)
Thanks for your help ;)

kennyzz69 wrote:For Firefox, just in 3.4, not in 3.5, bookmark column is locked in width (perhaps I don't use the good word) :o)... and I've not found setting in about:config
Perhaps have you a solution...
kennyzz69
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:23 am

Grab a firefox nightly, untar it it and run firefox through this. Also..you could try chromium, chrome, opal, midori, netsurf, etc etc

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.5