Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 4.2.1-Lite x86 Network Oh Oh!

Feedback for Ultimate Edition 4.2

Ultimate Edition 4.2.1-Lite x86 Network Oh Oh!

Postby cactusneedle » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:44 pm

Today I downloaded a live dvd and took a look at Ultimate Edition 4.2.1 Lite for X86. Looks better than anything I've seen from Ultimate Edition in a long time, but guess what? I see there's no network icon available in the panel and wifi-radar won't add and connect any wifi address. So I check synaptic and immediately notice that Network Manager is not installed on this distro so there's no gui. And since I can't get an active network there's no way to manually get it into the system. Therefore, another download of 2 hours plus proves to be unuseable. Now why this could have gotten out of the barn without any way to get on a network is a complete mystery to me! So I stay with my old 3.4.2-lite LTS for the moment because it simply works and looks good as well. All I wanted was to upgrade my 3.4.2-lite to the latest LTS version and Ultimate Edition 4.2 was such a dog and so buggy with screen freezes I gave up on that one long ago. Enlighten me. Cactusneedle in Arizona, USA
cactusneedle
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition 4.2.1-Lite x86 Network Oh Oh!

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:25 pm

He has no internet this is a "Showstopper", I have corrected this very issue in tmosb 1.9.2. I believe 1.9.1 built his Operating System. There is a README.TXT file in the root of the DVD which will tell your which tmosb built your operating system. I am curious to see it as well, was it my PC or a server that built it. I suppose it does not matter this is a "Show stopper", all I can say is wait for Ultimate Edition 4.2.2.

Sorry, I admit an issue on my end. I have rectified the issue & many more since then. Sorry for the waste of your time in downloading.

TheeMahn,
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Return to Ultimate Edition 4.2