Forum issues

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8


Forum issues

Postby yizuman » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:35 am

Some forums show a black background and I am unable to figure out how to fix that.

Here's a screenie when I try to type in a message in a forum box...

Image

Some background areas like uploading photos has the same black background as well, making things difficult to see.

Any help is appreciated.
yizuman
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:30 am
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT



Re: Forum issues

Postby deate » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:12 am

yizuman wrote:Some forums show a black background and I am unable to figure out how to fix that.

Here's a screenie when I try to type in a message in a forum box...

Image

Some background areas like uploading photos has the same black background as well, making things difficult to see.

Any help is appreciated.

Although I can't get to your photo for some reason, I'm sure the problem is the same that you have on another thread (I think about your monitor) You can adjust your theme or select 1 that is easier to read by going to...System>Preferences>Appearance>Theme... play arond with it till you get something that works for your eyes :D Hope your monitor is now functioning correctly????
User avatar
deate
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1336
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:54 am
Location: South Texas
Age: 69
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite



Re: Forum issues

Postby yizuman » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:39 am

deate wrote:
yizuman wrote:Some forums show a black background and I am unable to figure out how to fix that.

Here's a screenie when I try to type in a message in a forum box...

Image

Some background areas like uploading photos has the same black background as well, making things difficult to see.

Any help is appreciated.

Although I can't get to your photo for some reason, I'm sure the problem is the same that you have on another thread (I think about your monitor) You can adjust your theme or select 1 that is easier to read by going to...System>Preferences>Appearance>Theme... play arond with it till you get something that works for your eyes :D Hope your monitor is now functioning correctly????


It is, thanks for asking. Perfect resolution and EnvyNG did it's job in selecting the driver in which it loaded perfectly.

I'm trying as you suggested, some forums has white backgrounds and others have black background, so all isn't exactly equal. :-/
yizuman
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:30 am
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT



Re: Forum issues

Postby stanca » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:07 pm

Are you using 32 or 64 bit Ultimate Edition,because it is a common issue in 64bit systems.I had it too in UE2.0 64 bit but not in Xmas Edition,wich is a 32bit. <BREW>
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Try playing these settings.
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:48 am
Location: Bucharest,Romania,EU,44'25"N,26'07"E.
Age: 48
Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester



Re: Forum issues

Postby yizuman » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:29 pm

stanca wrote:Are you using 32 or 64 bit Ultimate Edition,because it is a common issue in 64bit systems.I had it too in UE2.0 64 bit but not in Xmas Edition,wich is a 32bit. <BREW>


It's a 32-bit.

Thanks for the screen shot, will look into that.
yizuman
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:30 am
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT



Re: Forum issues

Postby LeadFingers » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:50 am

This is actually a common issue with the dark themes.
I've gotten so used to the dark themes that going back to the bright ones makes my eyes bleed, so what I do is... type what I want in the boxes and highlight them to check and see if everything is correct. For the informational boxes that show all black, the same thing just highlight everything and the text pops out at you.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
User avatar
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:46 am
Location: Salem Oregon
Age: 58
Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT


Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest