Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

How many long support for 1.5?

Help & Support for Ultimate Edition 1.5

How many long support for 1.5?

Postby minotaur » Fri May 09, 2008 7:54 am

I have Ultimate Edition 1.5 and I'm very satisfied. I downloaded many new programs, all hardware works fine, my system runs perfect. I want to ask: For how many long will 1.5 be supported? Is it necessary to upgrade or I will be able to keep my system as it is (and works)?
(I've tried to upgrade from the desktop icon -a year ago- and now I have two kernels! 2.6.20.15 and 2.6.20.16. I don't have any problems but I see them both in the grub screen...). Of course my system boots from the newest.
minotaur
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Re: How many long support for 1.5?

Postby LeadFingers » Fri May 09, 2008 8:09 am

I'm not certain, but I think Ubuntu keeps their repos for 3 years, so you will be able to get packages until then.
After that you will still be able to run your system, just no packages to download.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby minotaur » Fri May 09, 2008 8:16 am

And if I want to keep downloading packages, who can I upgrade from 1.5 to...1.8 without losing my arrangements? (You are in 1.2 as I see! Don't you need any updates?)
minotaur
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby LeadFingers » Fri May 09, 2008 8:31 am

Normally I run the Upgrade process after a fresh install, after that I only use the update to fix things that don't work right. If it ain't broke why fix it.
I have a test box to tweak & break OS's on.
My main box runs so fast & smooth (heavily tweaked) that I don't need to change anything.

By the time packages are no longer available for your system, you will prolly be ready for a new OS anyway.
1st Box: Ultimate Edition 2.0 x64/ 1.8 x64
2nd Box: XP (dusty)
3rd Box: Stable Media box Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 with XBMC

The Oxen are slow but the Earth is patient ~Chuen~
LeadFingers
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby minotaur » Fri May 09, 2008 8:40 am

Hmmm... I see! ;)
minotaur