Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Unable to Install UE5.5

Support for Ultimate Edition 5.5

Unable to Install UE5.5

Postby John Spera » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:39 pm

I had to build my .ISO on an 8.5 GB dvd. The other 4.7 GB dvd's I have did not have enough free space. The checksum was correct.

When I boot the dvd the message I get is that I do not have enough memory to either install the Live system or to install directly. I use a Ryzen 7 processor with 16 GB of memory. The mother board is the msi x370 sli plus. I use the Toshiba 512GB OCZ RD400 SSD which runs at 32 gb/sec and not the slower Sata3 speed of 6 bg/sec. There is a current Linux distribution on that drive which I plan to overwrite.

I do not know how to do a virtual install method which I noticed in another thread.

I have used the Ultimate Edition distributions in the past and was really looking forward to this particular distribution.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

John
John Spera
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Unable to Install UE5.5

Postby k3rNeL-p@n1c » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:41 pm

I tried installing this OS in Virtualbox to test it and I could not get it to run but when I installed it on a USB Stick and used f12 to choose where to boot from and picked USB and ran it Live and did install and manually choose install to disk both ran fine. I would try using a USB with more than 4GB of space, if that doesnt work come back and post more info and someone from this site can help you out
k3rNeL-p@n1c
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Pierre » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:17 am

I've typically always tested a new ISO in a Virtual Environment
& yes - I've had a few bad ISOs as well.

the most recent was for UE50 32 bit, where it was downloaded several Time,
& all of them would not install into any VB. ..

usually, I'd wait a day or two, or even a week,
for the server's to maybe re-sync & then try again for that ISO.
- this technique will usually work & you do get a working ISO - - eventually.

but, not so with the UE50 32bit - - never did get that to work.
whereas the UE50 64bit was just fine .. .

since it's an LTS - that's why I've been wanting to place it onto my new machine.
- in the end, I've used the 64bit version, instead.

unfortunately - it's very difficult to contact TheeMahn in order to get an original ISO
to be re-uploaded to the various servers .
as such, a bad ISO does get synced to all those servers & you can't get it replaced.
:cry:
however - most of the ISOs are good & are quite use-able.

which is a rather long way of saying, that the UE55 ISO may be bad,
& that you've got no real way of checking it.
:)
Pierre
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby k3rNeL-p@n1c » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Interesting as I can say I have never come across a bad ISO myself but I along with many others did have issues with installing Ultimate Edition 5.4. Finally someone was kind enough to find a work around to the Boot Issue. I typically use a Checksum and then test in a virtual environment like VirtualBox. I have had issue with getting them to install correctly in Virtualbox and am guessing it is something on my end as I have used a USB stick to make it Live and haven't had any trouble. The installation went very smoothly and the OS ran very well.
k3rNeL-p@n1c
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:50 am

5.6 has support for Ryzen & AMD Vega. Probably the only Linux based OS to have it. I built the package for it. 5.5 Has Ryzen support, no Vega.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Amber » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:32 am

Hi
I was having the same issues trying to use live usb or install 5.4 & 5.5 so I bit the bullet & downloaded 5.6 cinnamon lite alpha works like a dream only used it for an hour or so but had to use a live dvd won't boot from live usb but so far the experience is great keep up the amazing work!

Cheers
Russ
Amber
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby Waahoo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:50 am

First, let me say that running 5.5 live is the most impressive OS to date for any OS out there. Very polished! However I've downloaded it twice and cannot get it installed to a hard drive. When the option menu appears the keyboard arrows will navigate, but the option to install does not recognize the enter key and freezes the menu. After about 30 seconds it loads Live automatically and works great. Has anyone else run into this issue?
Waahoo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 64 BIT

Postby Waahoo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:53 am

Dug around and found the install from inside the Live desktop. Installation went great... except... after logging on all that comes up is Kodi. !!!
As I am not familiar with Kodi at all, how in the heck do I get out and to the desktop?
Waahoo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 5.5