Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Is there a way run windows software without emulator?

For questions on VMWare, VirtualBox, Xen, QEMU and other virtualization software

Is there a way run windows software without emulator?

Postby jameskal » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:32 am

Hey!
I am using this RMS software in my store https://multiflexrms.com/. The software worked with Wine but it kept crashing in between. I want to know if there is way to get it work on ubuntu without an emulator. Can someone help?
jameskal
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Is there a way run windows software without emulator?

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Use the Linux version.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby TexasMike » Sun May 01, 2016 11:56 am

Hello jameskal ,
I believe that the software you referenced in your Post to this forum is a product of Microsoft. It was apparently created to run on Windows systems. That product will not run in Linux/Ultimate Edition without some sort of Windows emulator or possibly a "Virtual Machine" using something like VMWare - see this Wiki for more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware.

While that particular application will not run in a native Linux environment, there are comparable products that are written to run on Linux platforms, without the need for a "Windows Emulator" or a "Virtual Machine". Take a look at this link for a list of the Open-Source POS Solutions : http://blog.capterra.com/the-top-6-free-and-open-source-pos-solutions/

Google is your friend! Try searching for an answer to your questions or problems. Often, it is NOT something new, and there just might be specific information regarding the issue.

BTW: I would suggest you create a "Signature" http://forumubuntusoftware.info/ucp.php containing information about the PC/Hardware and O/S you are using. This makes it easier for someone to assist you when you post with a problem or question. You can see examples of a signature at the end of most replies to a post. You may look at my Signature at the end of this reply for an example. Details are important, as hardware can sometimes effect the functionality of the OS.

Regards...
Last edited by TexasMike on Sun May 01, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling errors...
Shop PC:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 9370 @ 4.4GHz Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengance Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz
Video: ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 2GB PCIe 3.0
Hard Drives: Seagate 2TB, Seagate 500GB, Maxtor 500GB
SSD Drives: OCZ-Vertex4 128GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
DVD Drive: Plextor PX-L890SA
Power Suipply: RaidMax Modular 1200Watt

Home:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3
CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3ghZ
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Video: nVdia GTX650
Drives:1TB SATAIII, 2ea 500GB SATAIII,
SSD: Samsung EV840 mSATa 250GB
CD/DVD: Plextor PL-890SA
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T260
MultiBoot OS: Ultimate Edition 3.4.2x64, 4.2x64-Lite, WIN7x64, WIN8.1x64
Power Supply: Corsair 850Watt
TexasMike
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Micro » Mon May 02, 2016 5:07 pm

As TexasMike said, there are Linux web based solutions that are fully featured and also some stand-alone software to try out. I would look into SUSE POS if its still around.

If your software is crashing in WIne, have you looked at any logs to see what is happening?

Respectfully - Wine is still the back-end for PlayOnLinux and unless their is a specific piece of POS based software in PlayOnLinux (Unlikely), with its specific wine version and settings, there will be no advantage to using it.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu May 05, 2016 12:47 pm

I went to the site, it said there was a Windows, Mac, and Linux version. Hence my reply.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Artistxdevelopment » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:57 am

Hi. This is Brandon Quam with Systaksolutions.com The company that handles Ultimate Edition Tech support services.

Wine is a good program, windows software will never universally work with linux. they are two completely separate software systems. Crossover is by far a better alternative than wine. My website is hosting an ubuntu repo for older distrobutions like 2.8 and 2.6 of the Ultimate EEdition software. so here is the link to the crossover software. an activation file requires root to copy to the directory to activate it from trial.

http://www.systaksolutions.com/repositories/archive.systaksolutions.com/ubuntu/crossover/crossover.zip
Artistxdevelopment
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Return to Virtualisation