Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Printer HP and CUPS service problem

Feedback for Ultimate Edition 4.2

Printer HP and CUPS service problem

Postby maiandros » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:52 am

Hello to all,
I`m having some difficulty making my HP Printer work with my new Ultimate Edition 4.2.1 x64.
I don`t know what`s wrong or how can I help you with more details. My printer is a HP Photosmart C4680 model and was running fine with my previous Linux Distribution. Recently I`ve changed back to Ultimate Edition by installing 4.2.1 x64bit and i cannot make the printer work anymore.
I`ve tried to use the Printer Configuration to set my printer up with no luck. I`ve also tried to troubleshoot and it keeps telling me that CUPS service is not running and that is should enable it. But when I`ve tried in terminal to start the cups service i`m getting "cups: unrecognized service"...!
Ok...it seemed pretty wierd to me so I`ve tried to
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install --reinstall cups
cups and that`s the message that I`ve got :
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
cups : Depends: libcups2 (= 1.7.2-0ubuntu1.2) but 1.7.2-0ubuntu1.3 is to be installed
Depends: libcupscgi1 (>= 1.4.2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libcupsmime1 (>= 1.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libcupsppdc1 (>= 1.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: cups-core-drivers (>= 1.7.2-0ubuntu1.2)
Depends: cups-daemon (>= 1.7.2-0ubuntu1.2)
Depends: cups-ppdc
Recommends: printer-driver-gutenprint but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

After that, eventhough I didn`t have any other problems indicating a source list or any related problem untill now, I`ve cleaned the cache,autoclean/upgrade/update but none of this helped me solve my problem.
PS: I`ve downloaded the HPLip from the HP site http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install/install/index.html hoping it was going to make the difference but nothing changed ... it has also reported that CUPS is missing and that it cannot Install it for my Distro.

Any help would be great and thank you all in advance!
1-({(4R,7S,10S,13S,16S,19R)-19-amino-7-(2-amino-2-oxoethyl)-10-(3-amino-3-oxopropyl)-16-(4-hydroxybenzoyl)-13-[(1S)-1-methylpropyl]-6,9,12,15,18-pentaoxo-1,2-dithia-5,8,11,14,17-pentaazacycloicosan-4-yl}carbonyl)-L-prolyl-L-leucylglycinamide
maiandros
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: Printer HP and CUPS service problem

Postby maiandros » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:32 am

Xxjoker21xX wrote:You need to sudo apt-get updateto update your sources then check the update manager for the system there may be a update that fixxes the cups issue if not let me know ill be lookin for a method other than that for install..... <BREW> :D if you have errors run sudo keysnatcher -s then
run sudo keysnatcher -f and then reupdate via the command above that should get rid of sorce errors... :arrow:

You will need to fix the broken packages or it can cause syastem failure.....
Open synaptic package manager and under filters click the broken tab it will list your broken installs so you can remove them...... :downthere

Then we can go from there....

Good Morning and thank you for your help...

Here are the results from the
sudo keysnatcher -s

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ KeySnatcher 1.0.7, 09/09/2014 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒ GNU KeySnatcher home page: <http://ultimateedition.info/>. ▒
▒ E-mail bug reports to: <[email protected]>. ▒
▒ Be sure to include the word KeySnatcher somewhere in the Subject: field. ▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ Scanning for fastest host, this only needs to be done once. Please wait... ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

KEY SERVER AVG PING
keyserver.ubuntu.com 173
pool.sks-keyservers.net 178
subkeys.pgp.net 516
keys.nayr.net DOWN
keys.gnupg.net 164

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ Setting default keyserver: keys.gnupg.net | 164 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒ Scanning for missing keys. ▒

Here are the results from the
sudo keysnatcher -f

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ KeySnatcher 1.0.7, 09/09/2014 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒ GNU KeySnatcher home page: <http://ultimateedition.info/>. ▒
▒ E-mail bug reports to: <[email protected]>. ▒
▒ Be sure to include the word KeySnatcher somewhere in the Subject: field. ▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ Fix Errors ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒ There are no errors to fix. ▒

Now i was trying to find the broken packages in Synaptic from the beginning but it seems there are none...
Btw...here is two screenshots from my synaptic instance searching for CUPS :
http://storage5.static.itmages.com/i/14/1231/h_1420018221_8383361_9c4e99e6e5.jpeg
http://storage5.static.itmages.com/i/14/1231/h_1420018325_9043012_5e9e936986.jpeg
Attachments
Synaptic Package Manager Installed.jpg
Synaptic Package Manager Local or Obsolete.jpg
1-({(4R,7S,10S,13S,16S,19R)-19-amino-7-(2-amino-2-oxoethyl)-10-(3-amino-3-oxopropyl)-16-(4-hydroxybenzoyl)-13-[(1S)-1-methylpropyl]-6,9,12,15,18-pentaoxo-1,2-dithia-5,8,11,14,17-pentaazacycloicosan-4-yl}carbonyl)-L-prolyl-L-leucylglycinamide
maiandros
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Re: Printer HP and CUPS service problem

Postby maiandros » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:11 am

Blackwolf wrote:Just out of curiosity.......Oxytocin ?? ;)

Yeap... :vil2_tortue it helps a lot...!
Just for now all it exists its Norepinephrine due to my Printer...
maiandros
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 4.2