Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Thumbos - Load disk images to your thumbdrive

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Thumbos - Load disk images to your thumbdrive

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:37 am

BBOSAK2143 wrote:You better bet I will download that keysnatcher the second it hits here! I love thumbOS and can also say sure tossed all the aggravation out!!!! Sounds as if you are confirming my suspicions about Ubuntu that all have problems like I have been experiencing!!! Is great to know I am not imagining things! This next OS is beating me to a pulp with hassles, that keysnatcher probably would have nipped it right in the bud before it started! Will rehash just in case you have not read the other posts. Am getting hassles with repos that are supposed to issue up-to-date files, instead I am getting old useless conflicting files! Now, I am assuming the way you are labeling keysnatcher that it would toss the out-of-date/conflicting files repo and set it straight with the updated file repos, right?

If I am correct in this assumption, someone needs to be issuing you some kind of reward, award or something! This I will say is going to be known as another miracle! Absolutely love your style, TheeMahn! Now you know why I call you the greatest developer out here. You always zero in on the problem. Never blow things off! Many others do, but not you!

Can understand the stroke part! My ole lady is a bit ticked about those windows not closing properly and some other things!!!! Is minor bugs with this one, dummy me wanted the latest greatest Gnome and simply trashed Gnome-Shell pretty badly! Next one has zip wrong with Gnome-Shell and windows close out the right way! Am hoping to do the 15 minute ThumbOS in a day or two after the rest of corrections made! Need this OS as have taken on some jobs and extra programs are there to help with them! Fun of holding an Associate's Degree is it's close to meaningless so have to bust a nut to make a living! Looks like will be doing 3 jobs at a time. Life is fun! Just hoping to keep my brain going well and advance slowly but surely! Love watching ThumbOS run is awesome countdown is accurate and damn I still can't believe how dependable it is!!!!

Also have to say, you always make me sigh in relief with how you zero in on those problems!!! Feels great to have someone who cares working hard for all of us! I hope one day I can add some things that are half as great! From the bottom of my heart I will continue to thank you for all you have done and keep doing for all of us!!

Thanks BBOSAK2143,

I pushed 1.0.4 out to the public, it does have switch debugging enabled by default. Sometimes it is best to have information overload when trying to debug software ;) I also revised a tool I initially wrote back in 2012 this eve.
me playing with it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9729&p=80586#p80586

and the tool multi-monitor.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Awesome, great to hear pushing it to public! Damn this laptop of mine! Asus can do a great motherboard but when it comes to their BIOS in Laptops boy are they lacking! Have to use Unetbootin for that stupid thing! PC is great with your program. Unfortunately, I blew something in Gnome Shell theme so am going to install my new OS with Unetbootin, find the hassle on laptop then redo the image! I simply can't stand those generic Gnome colors! You would think after 2 years, Gnome would change those huge icons and maybe add some color besides putrid green! You know me, am very colorful and just can not live without my computer displaying that fact!

Here's what lazy me did that wasted time! I used thumbos loaded my system on it, put it on the laptop and formatted the hard drive with my system in probably about 10 minutes if that! When I rebooted, since I could not find the install Ubuntu, since the drive was clean had nothing to run thumbos with! Least I guess is what the problem is??? When I tried to get back up there on the Laptop(to my OS) just black screen with horizontal small line and sat there spinning! Am hoping Unetbootin will boot on there as just want to get that theme fixed and finish it! Has been a road to hell on this one, TheeMahn! I still do not know how you manage to keep such great patience on all this????? All I know is that BIOS in this ASUS Laptop drives me crazy! Never know what to expect when it comes to that??? Hopefully, this time around this OS will be great! Things I am doing now require more precision. As much time as have into it, better be a winner!

Least you can kick back get a good grin off all this, as you are the master of these programs and OS's! Me, I am just a bumbling fool at most points! Still, I suppose we were all bumbling fools at one time or another, right??? Anyway best wishes always to you, you worked hard and deserve all credit and more! You are the only developer that cares about us little guys!(less educated)
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:27 pm

I found out what happened! Instead of 13.10 formatting the laptop harddrive it went to the flash! If it were not for bad luck, I would have none at all! Also found out when I went to load it by Unetbootin came up with lib/dev/hwdb.bin not found! So, I loaded with ThumbOS again and what do you think happened??? Once again tried to format drive while installing and yes it hit the flash again!!!! Fortunately, I did partition the hard drive in Gnome-Flashback before I rebooted and found out a piece is missing on the flash drive!!! So this next time should be good. Last time I wiped all partitions and did not use my head!!! Damn I do some dumb things!!!! Am hoping this time, I do not do anything stupid and get this OS loaded on that laptop, has to be something stupid I did with that shell theme! Either that or should have saved schemas! Lots of work with all this stuff and is no wonder am forgetful at points! So, just goes to show if you have no partition table with Unetbootin you will never load an OS! ThumbOS will!!! So is another plus for your great program!!!! In a way am happy I made the stupid mistakes so it can show how great your program really is!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:30 am

Brother, I really have enjoyed the use and development of thumbos a fantastic program for its purpose. I have now decided that I am done with it, I will fix the bugs in it, yes there are a few minor ones. I will however no longer advance the tool. A couple days ago I ran across a program called "multisystem". I have a 32GB USB3 Mushkin thumbdrive {was the 2nd or 3rd fastest thumbdrive on the planet - I am sure no longer the case). I have the thumbdrive loaded with 12 or 13 Operating systems grub selectable, with multiple hardware diagnostic tools & network penetration testing tools, Driver Pack Revision 13 ( 4.3 GB of drivers for windows) all on one thumbdrive.

I dont know if you have seen the picture of the valentines day gift my sweety got me or not, but I can assure you it will be my #1 tool in my arsenal. Sorry, but I see no point in advancing the tool. I do however, feel it should be an integral part of Ultimate Edition and will land in every Ultimate Edition here forward. Multisystem needs a GUI, thumbos does not & exactly the reason thumbos saved me in the past ;) A tool that just wont let you down. even if you have nothing, but a black screen.

I have been writing substantial code in the development of TheeMahn's O/S Builder (tmosb) the deb now weighs in at 2 MB, while that may seem tiny is vast in terms of bash programming. There is now multiple apps within the same package. Essentually would take me near zero effort to integrate the ability to test the os it built and as soon as the user exits the virtual machine ask if they would like to load the os to a thumbdrive and thumbos it out to the drive of thier choice. I love to see toys playing nice with each other ;) I can't wait until the storm hits the net, that's years of development. Nothing like the little app here, little app there I have been dropping. Revolutionize not only the way the end user thinks, but the developer as well. It will be a game changer I can assure you of that.

The company I bought that domain from just cracked me in the mouth 2 days ago for $30 to renew it for a year (originally only paid $10 for it). I was like WHAT is this charge. I am glad I had that domain set up to automatically charge my card when it is due. I will be moving it to another registar so I can keep track of all of them, I believe I have 13 domains & have lost them in the past from not paying attention to when they are due.

It's not about the money, The donors and Google do an excellent job keeping Ultimate Edition afloat. I have been offered I don't remember if it was $265,000 or $285,000 in the past from a company in the United Kingdom for http://ubuntusoftware.info/ , guess who still owns it ;) I just recently paid for another years hosting as well. If I can keep on top of the domains, none will go down, thats why I am trying to centralize them. Sorry I drifted off subject, I do that all the time. My end resolve will be ... have programs in place to fully automate any job I do for Ultimate Edition. Even when I am dead and gone Ultimate Edition will live on. My legacy, your freedom and enjoyment.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:21 pm

No 2mb does not sound small, whatsoever! Sure nowhere near and in fact miles and miles away from your genius, but I do know sizes! My fingers would probably fall off at that much typing! Setting it up to go straight to thumbos is beyond brilliant! I am having a hard time describing how incredible it is what you are doing!!! Am in shock and awe of all this! Absolutely love it and still say this is going to change the entire face of Linux!!!

For all the OS's I have put together have been loads of hassles and am sure your eyes would fall out if you read all the complaints have had! It is nowhere near a picnic or fun time to put these things together. Massive amounts of files and then we have those nice little mistyped lines of code in them! One mistyped line in a file and there goes the OS scrambling to do anything! How you can conquer half of this, goes way beyond my understanding! I will say that program is going to end sleepless nights some of us spend wondering if an OS is going to work!

I have been beating my head in with all these hassles from the Ubuntu Repos. Am now understanding where the errors are coming in. Somehow, regular files are slipping in where the updated files should be!!! Now this is attrocious and devastating to any builder! I would take it, since your repo has segregation the best way would be that the program you are creating would use that one only, right? All I know is when that program is up, am there! Far as thumbos you could not make me stop using it ever, absolutely love it! I have dreamed of having a flash load that fast! Unetbootin barely gets out of the starting gate by the time yours is done! Maybe you need several on a flash as, well, of course you have to test many! For me, one at a time is almost more than I can handle. Incredibly happy ThumbOS is there and will always be on any OS I ever make!!!!

One of these days when I understand how to get synaptic coming up in an X window, believe me am going to shy away from Ubuntu-builder. Each time went by code to assemble without out UB, I can never get synaptic going and I use that very much to insure files have installed! Am terrible typing some of these long names and numbers! I misplace underscores, dashes, commas so least in synaptic can find the files with about 4 or 5 letters typed in search! Contrary to many people's beliefs in creating these systems, at points dependencies do not get installed! Been working on this new OS for about 18 days now! First copy of it on the laptop and showing signs is beyond current! Am hoping to beat my usual 85% effectiveness and up to 95%. Have never seen any OS beat your effectiveness which I personally rate at 98%. Beyond that is not humanly possible! Anyway am back to beat my head against the wall with this new OS!(Just an expression!) Always wish you the best and will continually thank you for the greatest contributions to Linux anyone has ever seen!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Im using a buddies computer right now, hes running Ultimate Edition 4.0 dual monitors and quite smooth. I rebuilt Ultimate Edition 4.0 in preparation for a final release yesterday. I pulled in the latest kernel (3.11 something -18) purged the old one and dropped in massive wireless support, when you do that there is no going back unless I want to base it off a build from nov last year!!! The results are astounding. Perhaps the best O/S I have ever built, judges can feel free to ring in when I release it ;) I fine tooth combed it, there really is no software that can do what I do, when it comes down to the brass tacks. Seeing something amiss and fixing it. I just hope when the storm hits it will too fix things, preferably all things even before it even enters the system.

Ultimate Edition 3.9 x64 was built by hand and tmosb built Ultimate Edition 3.9 x86 (with zero intervention from me I remind you), feedback will become imperative on this release. Ultimate Edition 4.0 was entirely built by hand and I am hoping to be my last hand in the fire ;) I may have to put my hand back in there for the release of 4.3 it will be a LTS. I can assure you with the utmost confidence from that point forward all releases to be automated in the build process.

To assist you in development of your O/S. I am going to write a --pull switch to tmosb, what will it do? No matter what folder you are in I suggest creating a folder called wip/ in your home folder and typing tmosb --pull

tmosb will "pull" all software related to building the OS to that folder in the case above ~/wip/

You can then edit adjust packages etc. save and execute. The software already does that somewhat now, it will check if for example the program "internal" is in the curent folder, if not falls back to /usr/share/ultimat_edition/internal and shoves it to the chroot, however if it is in the folder you are working out of shoves it from the folder you are in to the chroot. I wrote it that way to accelerate my advancement in development.

If you would like to be a Guinea pig, when opportunity strikes I will send you an advanced copy, you have been here long enough you deserve it. Anyone else that takes the time and has read this entire thread feel free to "ring" in and I will send you a copy as well. A super tight beta if you will. I don't even have this program on the test server yet, I suppose if I sent it to you I must at least provide it on the test server.

I know I write the rules here. I do have a conscience and try to help everyone. I am drinking beer something I had curbed in the past. I have a poor attitude today none your fault NTL. I have had people say in the past that they were going to move next door to me so they can be the first to test my "Next O/S", well I do not think they would want to live next to me now I am homeless. I just got thrown out & hense why I am now drinking beer in front of my buddies computer. Not a good time of the year to be in this predicament.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:39 pm

Would be an honor to test for you! The idea of being a guinea pig for someone of your calibre is awesome! If you lived a bit closer and times were a bit better here, damned straight I would pick you up and bring you here to stay! I may own my home, but wifey pays the bills right now! Hoping it changes soon as things are starting to happen and hoping for other prospects to be paying off! Someone having a few beers never bothers me even though I do not drink anymore. Long as they do not throw the cans all over the yard or get the cops coming here! Am sure you are way beyond that type of behavior!!!

Friend of mine that fit that description took his own life some months back. Sorry even though I loved his friendship I can never side with suicide! Have shed no tears for him! I only miss the times he was decent as long ago he was very smart with cars! When drinking hit, I bypassed him on cars! Sure I was drinking too, but not every single day from sun up to sun down! Am hoping things will get better for you as we all need our own space and privacy!

Have the rest of this shell theme for Gnome 3.10 to do. I blew some lines days back and when it assembled crashed right away! I have this OS starting with Stargate Plymouth, then going to a nice picture from "Ravenswood" TV show and boy does it fit well! When you're logging in looks as if you're going through the cemetary gates! I do not watch tons of TV, but do get a charge out of that show!!! Rest of theme is very close to the one I did for Gnome 3.8. I just can't stand white and black text! Not 2002, its 2014!!!! Awesome drivers for video, why would anyone want to spoil it with cheap looks????

Doing this logistics job on mine has taken a bit of time from me, but believe me will donate all time possible to help! In a way is also probably selfish since I know I am going to learn tons off of all you have to offer! Is a major win for me and really appreciate this opportunity!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby tuxdapagess » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:06 pm

maybe I did'nt see the instructions for properly using thumbos but how do i use itwith a micro sd card sucessfully
tuxdapagess
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:32 am

Hmm, now that would be nice to load on a SD card! Am sure TheeMahn will come up with that sometime, least I never heard of ThumbOS being for SD's yet. I know TheeMahn did ThumbOS because the other programs for loading on usb's fail or move like molasses!!! Most times the other programs fail! Still amazes me how fast ThumbOS is loading onto a flashdrive!!! Have used it more than a dozen times and it takes no more than 15mins total! Just blows my mind!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:27 am

tuxdapagess wrote:maybe I did'nt see the instructions for properly using thumbos but how do i use itwith a micro sd card sucessfully

It does indeed appear that it is specifically tailored to *usb*

What version of Ultimate are you on?. I can show you how to straight up use dd, or if you are on an older version or can get it for the love of all that is holy just use startup disc creator if it is an Ubuntu base. I've used startup at least 300 times in the past year and a half with no segfault, and it is farrrrrrr more reliable for anyone that uses Ubuntu with many USB, SD combinations or is testing Ubuntu remixes and just wants it done as quickly and painlessly as possible.

lookansdcard.png

No Money, No Problems..an sd card..technically this is Micro but blahhh. If you used a micro sd/USB converter it would work with thumbos.

For the record, Puppy tends to work really well with Unotbootin and this project is pretty cool. I must research this Dcfldd more thoroughly as it appears the implications and ability are rather impressive. It would be nice to have an ability to transfer whatever distro without the use of Unetbootin(or the fear of dd, can't really recommend it), but I too am a SD fan as I have more devices(netbooks, androids, Raspberry Pi, etc..) that have a use for them. Plus SD fits in your wallet better.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Programming