Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Please fix Ultimate Edition

A place to make suggestions...

Please fix Ultimate Edition

Postby Gilgamesh777 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:22 pm

I have been using Ultimate Edition since UE3.0 and since then the OS has being going down for no clear reason! It has decreased in terms quality and has become increasingly unstable and shaky! Please don't release it until it is rock-solid as we knew Ultimate Edition before :D I know Thee is a genius and can do much better :D See what people are saying about it now: http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=9520#p79489 and here http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=9567#p79731
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
Gilgamesh777
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Please fix Ultimate Edition

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 pm

I suggest you try putting one of these Ubuntu's together, than you will start to understand how rough of a task it is! Not sure if you have read any of my posts as have delved into this building OS's quite hard since TheeMahn's "Build with Me" post. Now, I am on my 3rd built system. Is it as great as Ultimate, NO! It took me over a month to get this OS to function correctly. Same can be done by TheeMahn in about a week. Now, I only have my computer to worry about as far as hardware is concerned so that makes it even simpler. TheeMahn is making an OS that will run on almost every piece of hardware out there. That is a nightmare in itself! Next, we have Linux updates that come in like gangbusters. So by the time TheeMahn has run all his tests, the system is practically outdated! Linux is moving like lightning and that fact is one hard fact to deal with! For instance, I built my 2nd OS in April. After 6 months of usage is now too old to update correctly!!!! This is not how things were a few years ago! Even a year and a half ago things were not moving this fast!!!! How TheeMahn can keep up with even half of these changes should be considered a miracle!!! Also as Xxjoker stated, TheeMahn also lets everyone know when there is a problem! I have been on other OS's that deny the problem and insist it is the user. Not TheeMahn!!! Am happy I have gotten deeply involved in building, since now I have gained a much deeper respect and understanding what it takes to make an OS run properly. Hours and days just filled with trying to solve small issues! Why? Small issues tend to get larger! Why do I continue on???? Learning is awesome, but servers are not kind to us 3g users. So simply put, larger downloads such as OS's fall to the wayside due to lack of speed!!! So without being in school where I had access to cable, I find myself now stuck continuing this learning trend and building my own! Now if I had cable, you better believe Ultimate 3.7 or 3.8 would be installed right now! Why? Trust it much more than my own work! Think about it. TheeMahn has many years in computers, me about 1/4th of that. Next, his education is also 4x as much! So guess who can make a better OS??? Not to down my work, as present OS can give quite a few out there a run for the money! Still have a long long way to go! Will always stand behind everyone on staff here as they are all responsible for how much I have learned!!! There is no possible way for me to thank them as much as they should be thanked, but will continually try!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Gilgamesh777 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:36 pm

bump! I don't use Windblows at at all. oN MY LAPPY, I multiboot Blackopal +Ubuntu + Linux Mint and on my desktop I run Ultimate Edition and LMDE . So no room for Microslop Windblows here :D Concerning Ultimate Edition, It's quality has beeing going down since Ubuntu 12.10. BTW Ubuntu 12.10 + 13.04 and 13.10 are "bugs bunnies" and I have to agree with on that but Thee could have done better he is a genius. If he had based Ultimate Edition on 3.6 and Ultimate Edition 3.7 on Ubuntu 12.04 and saved us the mess. BTW Many of the latest Ubuntu bugs effect Linux Min as well and every other Ubuntu derivatives. Things are hereditary here :lol: :lol:
Gilgamesh777
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:10 am

Just trying to tell you that Linux has moved forward real fast, and this is why everyone is having troubles putting these OS's together. Is like night and day from the 12's to 13's and even just 13.04 to 13.10! Is why I am suggesting to give building a shot so you can see what everyone is up against! If things stayed the same as it was in 12.10 would not be hard at all. Windows to me has been a secondary system, safely usable on Virtualbox. Unfortunately, others do not see it that way, so have dual boots on my PC and Laptop. Of course on PC is only entrusted to a separate hard drive. I will never trust it to the same hard drive is too destructive! Even though I lack the experience with building OS's the ones I build out perform Windows by far. Now if you have read some of what TheeMahn had written me in the post I did "Thankful for Problems???", you will see along the way, he has also had to build programs! Some programs have not kept up with the rest in progress, so is very very difficult for anyone that is building OS's especially if they also have to continually write programs to make the system work! Personally, since I am such a fool for Gnome, I wind up in trouble since there are so many new things they keep incorporating into their desktops! Then I have to also keep track of other progressions in Linux! I do not wish this on anyone as is at times many sleepless nights! Still, when the end result is an OS that runs smooth, no continual crashes and does what is supposed to, is worth the effort! Also did not mention, now TheeMahn has a full time job, whereas I am still looking, so I have more time on my hands! So we all have to be thankful he is spending his free time to accommodate everyone! That alone I respected from the very first time I installed Ultimate!Below is my idea of using Windows in a safe manner! Current system seems to manipulate Windows like a toy! Will say loads of progression as when I started was not easy to manipulate Window in Virtualbox like this!
Attachments
Safe_Use_Of_Windows.jpg
Safe_Use_Of_Windows
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Gilgamesh777 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:27 am

BBOSAK2143 wrote:Just trying to tell you that Linux has moved forward real fast, and this is why everyone is having troubles putting these OS's together. Is like night and day from the 12's to 13's and even just 13.04 to 13.10! Is why I am suggesting to give building a shot so you can see what everyone is up against! If things stayed the same as it was in 12.10 would not be hard at all. Windows to me has been a secondary system, safely usable on Virtualbox. Unfortunately, others do not see it that way, so have dual boots on my PC and Laptop. Of course on PC is only entrusted to a separate hard drive. I will never trust it to the same hard drive is too destructive! Even though I lack the experience with building OS's the ones I build out perform Windows by far. Now if you have read some of what TheeMahn had written me in the post I did "Thankful for Problems???", you will see along the way, he has also had to build programs! Some programs have not kept up with the rest in progress, so is very very difficult for anyone that is building OS's especially if they also have to continually write programs to make the system work! Personally, since I am such a fool for Gnome, I wind up in trouble since there are so many new things they keep incorporating into their desktops! Then I have to also keep track of other progressions in Linux! I do not wish this on anyone as is at times many sleepless nights! Still, when the end result is an OS that runs smooth, no continual crashes and does what is supposed to, is worth the effort! Also did not mention, now TheeMahn has a full time job, whereas I am still looking, so I have more time on my hands! So we all have to be thankful he is spending his free time to accommodate everyone! That alone I respected from the very first time I installed Ultimate!Below is my idea of using Windows in a safe manner! Current system seems to manipulate Windows like a toy! Will say loads of progression as when I started was not easy to manipulate Window in Virtualbox like this!

Yes I know what you guys are up to and I do really appreciate it :D There's no such thing as perfect and I can still live with some bugs :D

Can you help with this http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9594#p79865 please

maybe you can use it for your OS too :D
Last edited by Gilgamesh777 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gilgamesh777
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Gilgamesh777 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:34 am

What's the name of the OS ur building? Can u give links for download plz :D Does it support touchscreen devices and arm architecture :D
Gilgamesh777
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:48 pm

Wish I had cable so could upload it, but am on 3g. Size is 4.3 gigs and is quite loaded. Then some of it has to be put back inside after installation. I could not fit the roms in for mess and mame. Could not get all the icons in the icon folder or all the themes I created. Last part is not a severe loss as not everyone likes my themes, but without the roms and icons leaves it slightly limited. Does have all the functionality for every program installed. No arm support. KDE works but seems to move a tad slow. Am no developer and this one has really taken me for a ride! I wish I had cable since I am getting more of a clue on how to put these things together and would absolutely love to upload them when completed! This 3rd one by all means runs nice and know someone with better skill than myself could probably improve its performance, so am bummed I can not upload it since am sure could make some people happy. Is the time I wish I did not live in hicktown USA and had cable! When I had cable I did a bunch of nonsense, now that am working on things that make sense figures I would be at a handicap! Today I found a build of 13.04 I had back in May, I believe it may be in good enough shape to recoup! I would be able to create something more feasible to people. I got carried away on the 2nd one, installed some developmental tools, went south on some things creating havoc with the architecture. The image I found pre-dates that so is salvageable! Has Gnome, KDE LXDE and XFCE and now Cinnamon. Still has Ubuntu desktop, but I plan to remove that, I can not stand that desktop way too ugly! Apologize that I can not upload yet, but if at some point I get a job and access to cable, you bet I will!!!! No fun in all this if someone else besides myself can not enjoy it! Plus all ideas for OS's inspire others, just as some of my takes on themes have probably inspired others. I absolutely love progress!!!! I will do anything to see it keep going! Going to mess with that ole image and see what I can make out of it!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Gilgamesh777 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:11 am

BBOSAK2143 wrote:Wish I had cable so could upload it, but am on 3g. Size is 4.3 gigs and is quite loaded. Then some of it has to be put back inside after installation. I could not fit the roms in for mess and mame. Could not get all the icons in the icon folder or all the themes I created. Last part is not a severe loss as not everyone likes my themes, but without the roms and icons leaves it slightly limited. Does have all the functionality for every program installed. No arm support. KDE works but seems to move a tad slow. Am no developer and this one has really taken me for a ride! I wish I had cable since I am getting more of a clue on how to put these things together and would absolutely love to upload them when completed! This 3rd one by all means runs nice and know someone with better skill than myself could probably improve its performance, so am bummed I can not upload it since am sure could make some people happy. Is the time I wish I did not live in hicktown USA and had cable! When I had cable I did a bunch of nonsense, now that am working on things that make sense figures I would be at a handicap! Today I found a build of 13.04 I had back in May, I believe it may be in good enough shape to recoup! I would be able to create something more feasible to people. I got carried away on the 2nd one, installed some developmental tools, went south on some things creating havoc with the architecture. The image I found pre-dates that so is salvageable! Has Gnome, KDE LXDE and XFCE and now Cinnamon. Still has Ubuntu desktop, but I plan to remove that, I can not stand that desktop way too ugly! Apologize that I can not upload yet, but if at some point I get a job and access to cable, you bet I will!!!! No fun in all this if someone else besides myself can not enjoy it! Plus all ideas for OS's inspire others, just as some of my takes on themes have probably inspired others. I absolutely love progress!!!! I will do anything to see it keep going! Going to mess with that ole image and see what I can make out of it!

Can you help with this http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9594#p79865 please

maybe you can use it for your OS too :D
Gilgamesh777
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Yes, love that very much am looking at a fresh idea as the Stargate one is getting old, 3rd time have used it! As said last night decided to have some fun with one I found on the drive in its state before most of the problems ensued! Think I have a decent handle on things, so am going to give it a good go at making it run the right way instead of what the original outcome was. Boy, that thing was missing dependencies! But, times were tight back than as I had finals to study for, so I did kind of rush things!!!!! Right now from looking can see have to oust LibreOffice as whatever link I had back then does not function right with the current structure of Gnome! Is my largest battle, I really do think they are the toughest desktop to get working without constant nags!!!! So far current OS has said goodbye to Gnome nags! Personally, am considering that a real miracle!!!! So far doesn't seem 13.10 is available, so is a bummer!!!! Want to stay with the times, but not releasing these mini's does not help!!! To me should be released the day the Ubuntu one is ready!!!! Have never taken it from the ground up, the 30 meg one, am afraid that be more knowledge than I have! I do not really want to take it from the 877mb that is loaded with Ubuntu desktop as have run into issues with doing it that way! In fact the one am messing with was originally like that, so I figured would see what I could do if I can repair that situation!!!! When I messed with doing that not too long ago, the logout and login to desktops was going quite smooth! When Ubuntu was installed with all of its Unity toys, I had hangs and freezes!!!! So I did eliminate that scenario, but was very unfortunate that many of the vendors, I had software from became outdated. What was the real shock is LibreOffice, now I thought that link was rock solid!!!!! Newest version on the block! Nope, have to dump that one and go for a new one! Totally removal on that as is a nightmare to fix it proper! Of course the upside to this is not all of the outdated vendors are in that image! So I simply have to remove the one, get another and put newer vendors in for other programs and should be good to go! Now do not get me wrong with Unity, I love the compiz tricks and many other things, but am not into storing files online as the ole 3g would make that real expensive! Then I do not need it in command of the entire OS! That is out! Generally, I leave that to Gnome! Sure sounds crazy to some, but I do believe(am probably insane for this!) that they do know what they are doing when it comes to taking control. Other things, not so sure! KDE is a solid hitter, but to be honest I do not know how to manipulate that desktop good enough! Someday will get there!!!! Anyway, yes am going to follow that page when time permits is awesome and thanks greatly for letting me know!!!! Back to the fun, lot of rewiring on that OS!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Return to Suggestions