Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

WHAT A BUMMER!

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 3.6

WHAT A BUMMER!

Postby Ultimate Powers » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:51 pm

Version 3.6 on an HP Slimline tower 2.33ghz and 4 gigs ram.

Man... I just cannot believe for the life of me WHY I continue to try this distro!!

Every time I do... it is one thing or another!!

When I start the firefox browser, the browser window stays up in the left corner
and can't move it, nor are there any upper right control buttons like Close.

Then when I go to Yahoo mail... it tells me I need to upgrade to firefox or Safari
in order to see the site properly. But I went there anyway and yep... can't see
half the stuff and the menu is ghosted out.

At this point, I will NEVER try this distro again. What a shame...
Cause it does look good from an appearance stand-point. Oh well... :roll:

BYE!
Ultimate Powers
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: WHAT A BUMMER!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Personally, I think was just one of these people that wanders into forums, joins then bashes it! Have seen this for some time now! Think Blackwolf had it nailed perfectly in his reply! Much more experience and absolutely brilliant and peaceful way to take care of things! Meant to compliment Blackwolf on that! Ultimate as have said time and time again is the most impressive and brilliant forum I have ever belonged too! I deeply appreciate the fact they can put up with someone not as swift, like I me! Just always great to be a part of this forum and better believe I would do anything to keep it preserved as is! Will always say is an honor to belong to this forum! TheeMahn is the best developer out here and dare anyone to say differently! I can not even make one OS run perfectly and he can make 5 OS's and all these ingenious programs bow to his commands in a matter of months!!!! Just unbelievable and most impressive work I have ever seen on the net!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Gilgamesh777 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:28 pm

I think our friend "ultimate POWER" has never used Linux before could'n get rid of his windows mindset or maybe lost his ultimate powers and needs to rest for a while then have a cup of tea before sharing his dreams of making the world a better place. I have being using Ultimate Edition for quite enough and I ran on my pc every OS you might know about and this distro is great and miles ahead of Windblows but you need to know how to tweak things up and get used to it and learning is a process bro! Have you tried Blackopal for instance :D ?

Peace out! Image
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
Gilgamesh777
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Well said, Gigamesh! You have to be willing and able to spend some time learning and don't I know that well! Have not tried Opal but from the looks of it seemed decent! After I got into this building OS's am finally learning things! I also gained a much deeper respect for everyone that builds OS's and same seems to go for a great percentage of theme creators also! This is very very time consuming to build, but when you see the results you want, is incredible and beautiful! I had a deep respect for TheeMahn since day one that I used Ultimate, the edition was 3.4 back then. When I got on the wagon with his building OS's, I gained even more respect! Love all his posts as he knows what he is doing, unlike me at many points! Still, I guess at one point he had to also be where I am at, as to become as proficient as he is. Sometimes we learn more from the mistakes we make, then the successes! I remember countless hours spent on other Linux systems just to have the desktop working! When I got to Ultimate, it was a far cry above all the others had tried, was simply incredible, so yes the curiosity of how awesome it ran pretty much got me into all this building!!!! Love it though and will always appreciate all the help I have had here, wisdom and inspiration! I can not understand when someone does not give something a few tries before dismissing it! Life is short and have to try most you can and learn as much as possible! There was many OS's in Linux loaded over 4x before I simply decided was not worth another try. Sometimes just waiting a few hours to do a full format on a hard drive makes a world of a difference! Just have to have patience with all this stuff. You can not just get tipped and let it go or you learn nothing! Goes for any OS even the Xbox pusher system. I truly find that amazing on every one of those surface commercials that they all play Xbox games too! Maybe, I am in the wrong area and should just play games day in, day out!!!! Nope, will not happen! No challenge, games are hardly any fun anymore to me! Now learning and seeing stuff TheeMahn makes, is a thousand times more exciting!!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Gilgamesh777 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:09 pm

Postby BBOSAK2143 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:23 pm
Well said, Gigamesh! You have to be willing and able to spend some time learning and don't I know that well! Have not tried Opal

You should have tried Blackopal or Onyx! they are the best looking distros with loads of useful apps! here is mine :downthere

Postby BBOSAK2143 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:23 pm
Well said, Gigamesh! You have to be willing and able to spend some time learning and don't I know that well! Have not tried Opal
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
Gilgamesh777
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Truthfully I too am somewhat disappointed in all releases since 3.4 Lite. However, Gnome 2 is the OS that defined Ultimate Edition with it's ability to be customized and offer eye candy in massive amounts. Gnome 2 is dead. Gnome 3 is anticustom/anti-eyecandy. In trying to adjust to this and still offer a Gnome Type environment with all the options is a daunting task to say the least.

From what I have heard of 3.6 there are issues that involve making adjustments to the hard drive therefore it does not qualify for me. If I installed any Linux Operating System and ran into those particular issues I would dismiss it with prejudice.

Honestly, I have no control or input over product but I do have some authority over threads. Sooooo, I am locking this topic. :P

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.6