Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Nerve racked in Windows 7 Updates!

Free discussion on anything Microsoft

Re: Nerve racked in Windows 7 Updates!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Thanks is a very informative article and guess I jumped the gun! End result, I have XP on the other drive installed. Have the audio driver downloading and service pack 3 which should then get my internet connection going! Guess I am going backwards. Lost Win7, even though I was very careful with Gparted, it still fell! XP is one rough character when installing as all other MS OS's are. They want to be by their-self! Very hard to get them to comply with running side by side on a dual boot! May be able to accomplish this once XP is all finalized and run gparted again. For now will just be happy to get all this stuff set for this job. Am really hurting in that area! Thanks for that article and is a shame did not get it earlier, dawns on me now that you needed the error code! Am just beat and got way to nervous and jumpy on all this. Is the reason I do my best to stay away from their stuff! Is like the stomach flu to me, always upsets my stomach and everything else! On Linux, I am at ease and at home enjoying! Will miss that fact when I have to run that OS! Think I figured what went wrong with the laptop and might go back and see about getting it to go. Just real jumpy about all this as times are bad right now!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:16 am

Still had Windows 7 on other hard drive of Laptop when I clicked on the above link mentioned there is once again mention of system restore. Next for the novice the fix is a download for Speedy PC Pro. Well am on that right now on the laptop. Will find out and finish up with results for those that are curious. I installed XP on home computer with SP1 and SP3, of course all that worked, but you know me have to get stuck on some other malarchy of Windows! Windows and Cisco, you know if they vanished off the face of the earth, I would not shed one tear? Why????? Both have cause me nothing but heartaches! Luckily I have another wireless connector and am up on one of the best systems out there, yes mine. Not the greatest, that title belongs to Ultimate, only! Now this SpeedyPC Pro of course is a gimmick! Another ploy to get cash out of people, as always! Once you send them the cash, watch out, you're done! Heard these hard luck stories before and still these pirates prevail. So, Blackwolf, sorry to say I now suggest against that link as to download that supposed fixit tool! See I tried that, since I had already been through system restore and had no results. Of course to know what a bad site this is, when one clicks on the contact listing on the left side, there are no results, via nothing happens, why is a scam site! Do not feel bad in the least Blackwolf, these pirates are very deceptive at making their pages appear valid! I am seeing this type of junk more and more! Is another reason is not a good plan to be on Windows. Too many holes in their security for this day in age!!!! So folks please avoid the above mentioned site. Blackwolf, you may also want to delete this as can be tragic for a user to go there!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:22 am

Well got hung up again with XP now. Seems neither ethernet adapter wants to work so figure must be the chipset drivers since they are uh um disappearing when clicked on! Loads of fun these Windows systems, do not take back those last words said about Cisco and Microsoft! Think I would throw a party if they vanished of the face of the earth! Still for those of us that are stuck using those systems, I forgot about mentioning one of the better utilities out there. Personally, the one that has been very good with the registry is called CCcleaner made by Piroform. Also their defraggler is quite adequate and shines above the normal Windows deffragger. These problems I am encountering is a first for me as normally I have navigated and survived using Windows for a long time. Now, who knows what their issues are? I have avoided their hassles for a bit, so am out in the loof on it! Also earlier statement about setting up hard drive for XP was way way off!!! Best solution for it is using gparted and by all means avoid using Windows 98 startup disk. Real bad mistake on my part as Windows 98 has no understanding above 20gigs. Least something on the order of that. So avoid that boot disk use gparted and do not set partitions high, is just too much for XP remember is an older system is now 11 years old, so it can not know all the changes of recent when you first install! Well, about finished with this download and be ready for another try. Hoping for luck. The ole lady's computer is loaded to hilt and does not want to budge so is next to impossible to get hers to my job! Need something to happen real bad on my side! I am afraid, I lack the wisdom needed to fix all this Windows stuff! Oops forgot to mention on that pirate page there was also another download at the bottom for a registry cleaner type that is also looking for money! Tired of all these money grubbers! If they really have something that works, let it work for a month then ask for cash! You know it is junk/garbage when they say "Ha Ha, I found the errors. If you want them fixed, you must pay me first" To me is out and out bullying and stuff like that needs to be slammed by our Government, if they could stop worrying about checking our email????
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Am back again maybe what I am posting will help someone else save time and help, is the only reason I usually post! Was a no go on Explorer 8, so went to one of the most dependable browsers and is no wonder default in Ultimate, Mozilla Firefox. Nice browser, in fact ironically in my Black Beauty III theme least uses the correct scrollbars! Is a great browser for anyone's internet browsing experience. The ole lady's computer is still defraggling with Piroform's deffraggler. Now this shocks me as personally in all my experience with Windows, the most time ever took was 3 hours and this is going on for over 5 now! I have ZoneAlarm downloading, not my favorite choice, but have to get what is on the list with this perspective employer. I used to be a real Ad Aware fanatic but am not so positive how well they work now. Has been close to 2 years being an avid Windows user. Ubuntu and Ultimate stole my heart right away! Remember when installing Windows XP even though your hardware may have installation disks, make sure it registers in Windows. It should install by just clicking on add new hardware follow to a list and find your hardware, then let Windows automatically install. See even though you install the drivers, have to remember with XP does not catch it all the time. This happens mostly on usb 2.0. So please remember that fact if having to backwards in OS's as I just had to do! For anyone downloading ZoneAlarm is not a small file as it seems to be 236 mbs. So have to allow a bit of time! Also the reason I have time to post this as I am held back from using my OS as all these processes have to take place! All products mentioned are just meant as to be helpful if anyone is curious. Only product I support 100% is Ultimate. You can read my history on that one! It is a workhorse and a marvel with its great artistic qualities that plainly show you do not have to be bored as your OS loads. Desktop is never boring! Compiz making it appear Ultimate has a life of its own! Just needs to be said, as before I saw Ultimate, I never saw an OS look so great and work so right! Forgot to mention, Laptop never made it on XP. No matter all the changes I made in bios and partitioning with gparted was a bust. I think the capabilities of this Laptop are just a little more than XP can bear! Win 7 on this Laptop??? Does great! Am not going to give a line on that, you know me better than that! It does work as it should and was a little rough to get all the drivers, but not impossible. Would have been close to impossible to get the laptop drivers for XP though. They do sell the drivers and XP disk at Asus, but you know my story, broke! So guess will return the other hard drive to so called normal and install my OS! After downloads and adjustments is sweet, but will have to do all that now! If I had more gb's available for download, would I just love to give 3.6 Ultimate a spin!!! To me would be better than getting in a brand new car! Sounds strange, I know but when you feel as I do about Ultimate is very normal then! I just hope for more pics of it and know one day when possible will download it!

Blackwolf, way to sweet, great person and I sure would love to shake your hand more than I would a President or a Celebrity! Goes for TheeMahn and the rest here. Always the greatest people here and just hope am a help to all looking. Everything here is up in price, except hourly wages! Is the thought that is worth more than a million to me! Really appreciate all everyone here helps me on! Thanks always!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Xxjoker, have been loading and reloading windows since 2002 and to be flat out honest am sick of it! For anyone to think that OS works right, has to be insane! Sure Linux is not perfect cause man is not perfect, but least comes as close as it can get! Windows underlying system for the main part has never changed is like putting brand new paint on a car that is rusted from body down to the frame, does not work! Too many hackers know how to wreck it, to be honest I do not blame them so much. Why? Greed!!!! Maybe it MS was less greedy and cared for its users, hackers would slow down. They do not because they have probably been abused by MS and are just getting even in their way. I would never resort to such things, as I feel their time will come on their own, via "You reap, what you sow". I firmly believe MS will die out within the next 3 years. Is just a feeling, so do not quote me on it! People will wake up and understand what really works and who really cares. That answer is Linux. If you do not believe me visit more forums. I have been through many, many Linux forums. I love this one the best cause knowledge here is supreme, these are the Masters of Linux. Others though, they try their very best to help at all costs and with all of them, my heart goes out to them. They care for people and this is what we all are on this earth to do! Have a feeling am just going to have to call it quits on trying for this online job. Nothing is working on XP to get to their site and have just exhausted myself trying to. I simply do not believe what they are trying to do would ever work with Windows XP and probably not Windows 7. I am not saying all Windows OS's are trash am simply saying right tool for the right job. Now I would not use a regular screwdriver to remove a phillip's screw would I??? Same holds true for trying to use Windows in close to a server capacity, just not a smooth manuever! Not sure if you saw my do's and don't section, so will say just tried this Eset program Anti-Virus Blackwolf was talking about has now engaged Win7's updates again! Not sure if this will take me there but going to give it a go. XP is cashed right now. I think I should have hit clean instead of delete on Eset! Ah such is life! Wowee 10 updates suceeded, only 76 more to go!!!! Probably be next month the way this is going!!! Post back in a bit!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks, I did get all of their junk to work, but of course after all the hassles what came out of it???? Nothing! I check their site everyday and still nothing available! I thought after doing an interview, getting the computer all set up would be working for them! Is a joke! So am left with XP on the secondary drive gather dust!!! Also stated, for what they are doing is really not a great way to go about it when it comes to vulnerabilities in Windows. Most other places do the smart thing and use Linux or Unix in that capacity. Am not saying Windows is garbage, just am saying as I made reference, right tool for the right job! Let's take for instance, this upcoming job, ironically is nothing to do with computers!!! All I had to do for them on the computer is study how to do the job. Of course as luck would have it, they also love MS! Fortunately, Linux is set up perfectly to accommodate for this task with the use of Pipeline which integrates Silverlight through Wine and your browser. So, I kept my sweet looking desktop and did all the work required of me. Am currently awaiting my first assignment and this one shows much more promise, than all others have! See, in the past months since May, I have been BS'd about getting hired....etc! Every trick in the book! Seems the more knowledge I gain, the more short end of the stick I get!!! Have seen some doozies and just hoping this next year goes better! Even though, I would love to use my education for a job, so far is zippidy so I just revert to whatever! I do not care if I have to scoop feces of the street, as long as I receive compensation! Am not disappointed in the least of my tenure in College, as at least have gained knowledge. Same goes for every day on Ultimate!!!! Is the best here, reason I would never leave!!!! TheeMahn has about 50x my knowledge at least! So, you bet love staying here when I can learn! Also, the happiest days of my life have been since I gave up Windows! It just did not work for me! Sure I still get some hassles on Linux, but I do not get half the aggravation I had on Windows! Longest I ever ran a Windows system on my own personal computer is about 6months! Something always goes wrong! Registry just explodes and before you know it that ntdlr is no where to be found! Some can run it for years with no hassles, but not me! Windows hates me!

As not to offend anyone, this is just my own opinion and experiences! Is like cars! Personally, Chevies hate me! Everyone of them I get explodes!!!! Now I get something like a Dodge or Toyota, NP just normal things go wrong and can have them for years! Chevy only months! So, I just avoid them is all and is the same with Windows. Even after receiving training in school, just no real luck on Windows. So my answer is the same like with the cars. Stay with Linux!!! It works and gets the job I want to do done!!!! Also as I always say, "Am no pro" am just someone going along learning the most I can and doing what I can! I always know for whatever I do, there is always going to be someone that knows more! I always accept that and actually enjoy it! Knowing people can learn so much and be so effective is very exciting! So I do my best to do the same and get that knowledge out for those that have not yet learned what I did! Is one of the main reasons I constantly put these rants on here in case someone is going through the same hassles and can learn from my experience. Is awesome to know people read these rants and can get great help from them. I still also add that the staff here is impeccable!!!! I spent years on Windows going through forums and am lucky if I got a quarter of the knowledge of what exists on here!!!! Absolutely brilliant minds on here and hope one day, I can be half as brilliant!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:08 pm

The thing that really makes me fall head over heals with Linux is the fact I do not have to have all these drivers disks! You know we were all sold a bill of goods when these CDs and DVDs came out how indestructible they are! Is not true at all, I have babied a lot of disks and they are basically shot! So, with these OS's I build, I simply put all the programs in I will use or want. Is on a flash drive and if I dump, boom can be back up in about 2 hours max! Is not at all true with Windows! I have imaged Windows before, in fact still have it. How did it work??? Stunk! Some reason Windows can not do its partition properly so if I load that image it dumps in about a month! Of course I did that long before I heard of the Linux way to do it. Have no desire to do that, I did do some of that at school, but I got spoiled with Linux! I am a real sucker for coloring! Gnome has held me captive for quite a long time! Since I started doing these themes, I hardly use the other desktops! Just here and there to play games that are not Gnome based. Hate to say at times Gnome is a disaster area when it comes to things that are not closely related to it! Of course when you understand how many responsibilities Gnome has, then you could see why. If Windows had this many responsibilities, would probably blow up the computer!

Back in 2000, a buddy of mine(Mike) built my first computer. He had a few years of College, just as I got done with this past May. He built me a real trainwreck! Now one would be upset, but I was not! Why??? When I had to figure how to keep that thing going, I learned many things! While he was messing around with porn pics, I was learning how to build my next computer! I also had another friend, who was a bit like TheeMahn when it comes to knowing the pieces of the computer. Ironically, his name was Bob. Everyone called him Bobby. He was about 55 and I was 40. Bobby had messed with the commodores all the way up! Of course, he did stagnate with Windows, but mechanics wise he helped me build. I was so scared to fire that first one up. He just told me "Plug it in, it will work!" Loved his confidence and was he right!!! Now is like nothing to me! Can not even count how many I put together since '02! Will always remember that first time and all Bobby taught me and the countless hours I spent studying how to put one together! So, the funny thing is a few years later when the 2.5GHZ processor came out and I promptly built myself a beauty, Mike came over and saw it run! His jaw dropped and 2 weeks later he was calling me one evening asking me the exact parts I used and how I did it!!!! Someone else might have told him so BS since he had caused me some heartaches, but no, I did the right thing and just let bygones be bygones and told him the proper things to do! He wound up building himself a decent one just as I had!

Back in those days, I was fiddling with XP! I remember all those blasted betas as I was also a beta tester for them! XP was also the last OS they asked for any of its users to beta test, which was also a very disgruntling thing. See on Linux, that still happens! People will build one, list as a beta, find the hassles then fix it right! I guess Windows now feels they do not need to know what its customers want, so I also add that to what will eventually knock them out! Now what I really admire about you Xxjoker is your ability to just move to another OS much faster than I ever did! I spent about 10 years being upset with Windows until I woke up! I sat there believing everyone that Linux was only command line and had to be a genius just to use it!!! That may have been the case when it first came out, but has been no where near that for at least 5 years! So I woke up 2 years ago and said "I need a change!" Besides that, I only had one copy of Win7 and since I dumped quite a few times on that, they hand ownership over to my wife!!! Now, I say "Who bought the disk???" Was not right of them, but since I was going to College, I knew I could find an alternative and understand how to use it. Shawn would not be that lucky! See, I thought when I bought the disk would be alright as we only have two computers, so the OS for both would do! Wrong!!!! When I called MS on the phone, they wanted to charge me $200 for another license so that would have been a total of $400 for both computers to run that OS! That is just pure greed! As the economy has given the short end to many people, am sure many others have done the exact same thing I did and went OS hopping to find something else.

At first I tried Unix, but unfortunately I could not get any wireless to run. Now we all know, Unix is Linux's ancestor so I then went to Linux! I was amazed how quickly I was able to hook up to the net and the speed of the browser! Sure, I was befuddled for a while on what to use for programs! Eventually after arriving on Ultimate, that was taken care of completely!!! Will say it a million times over that TheeMahn knows exactly what people want to do and use!!!! How he can have that uncanny knowledge is just another fact that proves his brilliance! TheeMahn also reminds me of Bobby, only difference is he is just a hair younger than me. His knowledge, drive and help pushed me forward just as Bobby did! He gave me the confidence to assemble my own OS and there is just now way to ever thank him for that, but forever I will try!!!! Since, I have Verizon, there are limitations with speed, so I unfortunately can not download the newest Ultimate or else I would! I have learned quite a bit, but believe me have a long long way to go! My OS is built on the same principles, but there is some small flaws, unlike its counterpart, Ultimate! Comes from lack of knowledge. In time will get better, but for now am pleased this thing can run all day and do some incredible feats and take fairly close to the same amount of abuse I gave Ultimate! I put that OS through the wringer!!! I did some real stupid things as to my lack of knowledge and finally took it down in 6months! Now that is the highest amount of time I ever got out of Windows! Windows to get it that far was like walking on eggs!!! I watched the downloads, did not install anything I did not need! Ultimate was the direct opposite! I installed everything under the sun!!!! I fiddled with kernels and header files, you name it and that thing kept running! Actually, when I re-installed was just due to the fact I messed up a few programs. The OS was still working! Windows now that thing always looses that ntdlr file!!!! I think someone needs to glue that stupid file to the OS!!!!!

I have seen that probably a hundred times! I have also toasted somewhere around 10 hard drives with that OS! I swear, installing that OS is like taking acid to the hard drive and melting it! These Linux OS's, you can install, re-install probably a million times before anything happens!!!! Honestly with Windows I can hear the hard drive sounding like Rice Crispies!!! You know snap, crackle and pop! These Linux OS's I do not hear a thing besides the fan motors!!!! Meant to say, you know I never did get that Win7 to update!!! Of course after the Anti-Virus adventure is toast anyway!!!! Is another thing that just widdles that OS to nothing!!!! Put an antivirus in there and is close to just installing a virus!!!! I know sounds drastic and mean, but am being very very truthful and honest! I have tried countless AV's on Windows and eventually one day that OS just gives out, file I mentioned goes out fishing!!!! This thing, I run clamav and have no troubles with it. Worse thing with clamav is always make sure you get the latest gui or you'll see tears in the terminal!!!! Had to kid about it as sure get a charge out of some Linux error messages!!!! They are more human and down to earth! Windows is too high and mighty in terminal lingo!!! Sure at points there are messages, I spend time to figure out, but least can generally find information. Windows, good luck!!! I have been to techs and forums and most just shrugg and say "I don't know, it's just the way it is, maybe next version will be better?" Been down that road since Win 95 and basically looks prettier, but is still the same ineffective system!!!

It's like I always say "You just can't paint over rust!" The underlying system is faulty and needs an overhaul, but will never happen as greed prevails! Just throw some bondo on it and repaint, "No one will know the difference. They will think it is great! After all we always tell them, we are!" They come in with their phone commericals and act like is the only one to get, just like they do with their OS!!! In my book is wrong! Who has the experience with phones???? Linux! Windows has to stop trying to cut everyone down, move forward and actually make an OS! If they do not, they're going down! My prediction stands at the end of next year MS will announce they are getting out of OS's and pursuing XBOX! I feel that is their true place is life as they seem to only understand people like to play video games and surf the internet! So, will surely be their demise if they continue to not understand what their customers want! Linux will prevail at the head of the table since they always ask all of us "What do you want???? Even if Windows somehow moved past Linux, I would not go back! I simply can not condone greed of their kind and never could! I constantly, beat myself thinking "How did I get roped into Windows that long????" I was a sucker! Now, I spend hours just trying to learn new things with an OS, designed after the most brilliant developer, TheeMahn!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Previous

Return to Windows