Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Nerve racked in Windows 7 Updates!

Free discussion on anything Microsoft

Nerve racked in Windows 7 Updates!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:08 pm

You know this is one of the greatest reasons I do my best to avoid Windows, but now have no choice. It turns out my livelihood(job) depends on it! Anyway, I failed to get downloads for quite some time. Why? As I say I prefer Linux. So now I need to get 70 updates so my Windows 7 system can comply for this job. I have gone through system restore, technician at MS Support, restored updates to no avail. So if anyone out there knows some tricks to get those updates, please, please am begging you for help on this!! Will say, months ago I had Ultimate 3.5 on a re-install had somewhere around 200 updates. The worst part of it, had to wait a few hours as was over a gig's worth of downloads! Now that is not a bad price at all, considering I have spent over 8 hours trying to download a total of 160mb's of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit updates! To me does not deserve to bear the name "Ultimate" that name should be banned from Windows and be owned solely by TheeMahn and this site!!! Sorry as I can not consider a system that is so unreliable to bare the name of a reliable system as TheeMahn creates! Am really hoping someone here has an idea what to do, cause I am really frustrated and in need of some great help. Thanks in advance!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Nerve racked in Windows 7 Updates!

Postby chris47 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:00 pm

I have run into those issues before. Your best bet is to start with a fresh install of Win7. Iknow this sucks, but sometimes it works. Just remember to back up everything you have to either a usb drive, or a cd/dvd.
MB-ASUS Sabertooth FX 990 Rev 2.0
CPU- AMD FX 6200 X6 3.8Ghz Black Edition
RAM- 8Gig 2x4 Corsair XMS 3 1600 C9
Video-ASUS Nvidia GTX 550ti Fermi
HD Segate 2T 7400RPm
HD- WD Raptor 10,000 RPm 150Gig
Monitor-Asus 23.6
PSU- Antec Earth Watts 650
chris47
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.3 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:34 pm

Turn off the updates. Get what you need and get out.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:37 pm

To clarify, they are probably security updates. It won't be "secure" anyways. Don't put anything personal on Windows, don't use a CC on a hard drive etc etc.

Makes Windows life easier.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:40 am

Thanks xxjoker, will bet that is what is messing it up. Blackwolf, not sure exactly what you want. Windows is not like Linux in the fact of being descriptive on the updates. Presently, writing from that whatever you call it(refuse to call it system anymore!) and did some little utility on their site again for recovering update issues. Sitting at 45% for 160mb of updates. So much for that took a dump again! Going to try xxjokers idea, remove that update and try again. I just can not understand Windows! I mean, I put my Ubuntu together runs 10x faster and about a 100 less errors. What am I? A simpleton, a mere graduate with an Associate's degree which is zip in the computer world. Why do I say zip? Simple, I can not even get a telemarketing job in the next town over! I am constantly turned down for employment for jobs, since I do not possess the accompanying certificates! My education comes from the state under the TRA program due to my previous employment with Johnson Controls, assembling seats. I do not have any money to get certificates! Of course I had the best help and advice on here, but I still made my mistakes. Still to have it where it is that much more dependable than an OS that is constantly bragged about goes way beyond me! Just a rotten shame anyone could call that system great! Makes zero sense to me, since all I ever get from it is total aggravation and frustration! From my system, I get work done, learn things and enjoy! Am no gamer or XBOX maniac, have zero want for that. I seek knowledge and to understand how things work. Would I be able to get inside Windows core components???? Absolutely, not! Ubuntu will greet me with open arms on that one! Apologize for my deep anger towards Windows, but I really get upset with things that hamper my learning experience! Also is preventing me from getting a job offer! I rarely get any of those, these days at all! Is a riot as before I started this education bit, saw ads all over the place for Associate's Degree, now that am done is all Bachelor's and above! I have the best luck!!! Trying some alternative as seems to be some recent service pack update, wish me luck as need it real bad!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:18 am

Windows totally tells you, and you have the option of choosing what to update. It's not like you just installed XP or something, you should have access to whatever.

What exactly are you trying to do?

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:36 pm

Guess have to explain it again! Was not on Windows for a month and for this job am going for found out I need it all up to date. I had 660 megs of updates so I proceeded to update. It got down to 160 megs left and forget it! Absolute refusal to get anymore, almost like the straw that broke the camel's back! So I tried downloading a few updates at a time, no go. I tried even one at a time and believe me with a list of 70 updates, that takes time! So with that not working, I went for help on the Windows site, here's proof copy pasted email response:

Dear Bob,

Thanks for visiting Answer Desk for a complimentary consultation on Oct 14 2013. We hope you had a great experience.

You can reconnect with us for further assistance at any time and use your Service Request number for future reference: 1220214356.

Reset Update Components: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Thanks for choosing Answer Desk.

The Microsoft Answer Desk Team

Please note: this email was automatically generated--replies won't be received. If you want to contact us, visit Microsoft Support.

Now after clearing out the update something or another I can not remember the exact term. To much smoke coming out of my ears presently! Same result, complete refusal to download updates! So I tried system restore and went through the whole process again! Once again, I got down to the same exact amount and again complete refusal to get anymore! That is when I looked for advice on here. This morning started some more tricks. No 1 I found another site on the net that claims there was a whole update to the service pack. I am presently trying that on my home computer. I also tried updating my ole lady's computer for which will not even leave the starting gate on updates! Yes checked running services and is started, but will not start updates! Now for the final plan. Remember I have Windows 7 on my Asus Laptop. Presently, am giving that a go and looks promising, but am not counting on it at all! So far 2 reliable computers have said forget it! I have a hard time believing 3rd will go and yes has failed with 102 updates to go. Of course has Service Pack1 but is Windows for you just does not work!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Not freezing in updates, just plain refuses to update. Messages make reference to some internal problem that seems to be incurable. Have done many suggestions as well as what you have just posted, Blackwolf. Still many thanks to you as you always been the greatest help and friend anyone would be honored to have! Since I have found out I can do this job on a Laptop, am just going load XP on it. Still have a disk from many years ago, when I built my first PC from parts at a computer show. Is going to be a bit of a process, but I also asked this prospective employer for more time and explained all. Thus far had to format Ubuntu 13.04 with Ubuntu 13.04 flash, next formatted with Windows 7, now is fdiskin with Windows 98 boot disk! Loads of fun! After formatting will install. I had it up before on VBOX so know it will go! This other beat me big time! Am wore out, very frustrated as have spent many hours and several solutions to no avail! While am waiting will spend a little time to put some info on my current theme "Black Beauty III" up. I really enjoy working on things of that nature, since it can be enjoyed daily! Might be some decent ideas to help others make themes look good, so will post! Maybe will cool me off a bit! I really apologize for all this, but am under the gun and have great pressures on me! Just hope everyone will understand and know when someone is faced with survival or not, they become very desperate say crazy things and do things they normally would not do!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Confusing.

Why is it that you need to have Windows 7 completely up to date, yet it's o.k. to run XP?

What is the error message...I LOVE ERROR MESSAGES!! Write them down and share! Or screenshot...

In Windows this can be accomplished by pressing Prt Scr, then open paint, and paste.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:36 pm

Windows_Rejecting_updates1.jpg
PIC1
Pictures you want, pictures you can have. So far XP does not want to load on the laptop is something with the Bios now! Goes thru setup then does the reboot and repeats setup! Not a good one, seems everything that can go wrong is going wrong! Guess being destitute is my destiny! BIOS is terrible in this ASUS Laptop, Linux compensates for it, but Windows am out of luck! Have one more plan and that is to load on other partition on the 500gb. Have to love this laptop as it just keeps throwing the USB option in on boot and absolutely no way to disable it! Has the option but when you enter, you get nothing! Real shame! Well am off to give a shot on the 500gig with XP! Least I have enough disks will not be impossible to set this computer up on it. Downloads for drivers for my laptop were impossible. Best option is to buy the disk and how do I do that with absolutely no money???? Am facing a no win situation here! Takes cash to make cash and I have none! Got the ole lady's updated finally, appears Windows was playing a game with me. Said it needed updates but was updated! When I go onto the site to test equipment for the job fails since she has a bunch of garbage on her drive and is running like you know what! I never have a computer run that crappy and get tired of telling her and working on hers all the time. She loves to mess it up and does not care she does!!! Oh well back to more fun enjoy the pics!
Attachments
Windows_Rejecting_updates2.jpg
PIC2
Window_update_fixer_yeah_right.jpg
PIC3
Window_update_fixer_yeah_right2.jpg
PIC4
Window_update_fixer_yeah_right3.jpg
PIC5
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Next

Return to Windows