Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

KDE themes unsure what is going wrong?

Re: KDE themes unsure what is going wrong?

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:40 pm

The problems start occuring with GTK applications and browsers. When you have multiple DE it gets much worse. But you can't say..KDE doesn't let me change anything.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Every text option in colors has been adjusted to a different color, yet all I have is white on the bottom task bar for text. On top of menu and upper right hand corner that illuminates Desktop in bright white. Am not saying KDE does not let me change anything. I am saying just as Windows has internal system settings, so does KDE, whereas Gnome leaves that open. Also shows why Gnome has the tendency to break down more!!!!! Still, just as I found a utility for Windows to change the color of text under the icons on the desktop, I know there has to be somewhere to do this inside KDE. Now the only other option in Windows is to rewrite dll's. Am sure there is a similar way in KDE but definitely without the legalities!!!!! Since I retried color schemes a few times and get the same result, that is where I make all this assumption that it is part of the the system. Very similar to way Windows is doing it! Was happy to find Iconoid as to at least dump the bright white icon text. Have to be totally truthful though and state least Linux knows shades! Even though this picture looks decent, will say KDE and Gnome do a better job with shading way over Windows! Getting back to KDE, even my folders are shaded light blue! Something Gnome does not do, but and is my big butt, cause I want that white text gone, for some reason they do not let you change main system font color and am sure the lower taskbar, upper text on start menu and in right corner are all relying on the system cause none of those settings change it! What is funny on Windows is all the apps will take on theme colors except Office! Of course the coloring with Office is 100% pathetic pre 2000's colors!!!! On Linux, theme changes and everything else follows!!!! That aspect that has kept me such an avid Linux user!!! Am sure you do not get carried away with text as I do or would have noticed the fact am pointing out. If I am wrong and is something with my system, send me a picture with task bar text in Amber or Green and I will know am wrong. All I can change on the taskbar is the text coloring for the date. Of course the calendar remains in black gray and white not changeable. Can say the Windows calendar looked nice when I did the changes. I am actually hoping I am wrong or someone can point me to the file to change. Just am terrible on that generic coloring since have looked at it for over 10 years!!!!
Attachments
Colorized Text and Windows.jpg
Windows_with_colorized_text_bye_bye_90's
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Umm..ok

So did you change the desktop theme to oxygen or are you using something that doesn't adopt the colors of your scheme still? Desktop Theme=The panel you keep calling the bottom taskbar. I'm not positive but I don't think Windows will help with this. By the way, make sure you are fully updated and you direct your antivirus to leave your shell alone in Windows before delving to far into Windows theming. Antivirus and updates really don't like you doing things like..changing your start orb. They are totally cool if your browser gets highjacked though.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:03 pm

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Okay so am terrible with words at times! Yes panel is the name in KDE. I got so used to all the other desktops calling it task bar, I automatically do the same. Just sticking with Oxygen to do all this. Been searchin high and low to find that main file about that text coloring, but no dice yet. Been thinking about modifying one of the stock themes to see it it will adopt those colors. Am seeing they use xml so might be able to get one going like that!!! Windows is one beast that is hard to tame! Every time I get on there something crazy happens! Windows and I are like fire and ice, I am the ice and it just keeps burning me! No is not that terrible, but some things on there are annoying so I do my best to stay with Linux! Yeah, I got some crazy hijacker again!!! I think I must have accidentally downloaded some piece of junk that changed start page! Happens about every every 5 times I get on it! Have to kick myself with using Explorer and remember to use Arora as to knock the baloney off. Usually since I just get on there for a little bit, I click explorer without thinking! Is a deadly game that browser! Still, least when go to use it, is tolerable now. I just can not take those stock colors, so bland and ugly! Is weird as I notice so many people on Gnome-looks loving that terrible look! Sorry, I just do not really see the artwork there! So many others have done some magical things with colors and to see their themes fall to the wayside for something so ugly is a shame! Am happy when I come on here, people here have great taste! Always good looking stuff! Only way I got any color to stick on Windows was to use classic! All else left me with trash! Forgot to mention, a few posts ago you mentioned about Seattle. I never got that far, but did live in Moscow, Idaho for a bit. You are in some beautiful country out there!!!! Sure is nice here too, but have to admit at times summer's humidity is terrible! Anyway, did look up this text problem with KDE am having and notice is the same for others. Apparently, I may not be the only yoyo that likes text coloring that is not white or black! Always say, when there is a will, is a way! 3 months ago could not make heads or tails with gnome themes, is just a few days on KDE so think am actually moving a little quicker than I did on gnome! Soon as I figure something, will be the first to let all know! Might not be millions of us that like the colors, but to me even if there is just a few of us, let's get it there!!!! To me it kind of reminds me of Black and White TV when I was a kid! I guess since I had one, I never want that effect again! So to me a computer should show color if it is capable, so let it show!!!!! Will check those links after this. Still thanks for being here Xan!!! Always great you are here!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Kde and Other Desktop Environments