Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Can't connect with 12.10

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Can't connect with 12.10

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:47 am

Has got me baffled as a few months ago, I was able to connect on the 2nd hard drive for the laptop which has my 12.04 on it. Now no matter what I do, no dice. I have disable firewall, cleared iptables and many other suggestions that I found on the internet, but to no avail! If anyone has some suggestions will be great. Am still on this theme project of mine and need to explore more of the results on that OS also. So far results for new theme exceed expectations as now seems to show zero interference with anything and is seamless in operation. I have yet to see this kind of result with any of the themes I have ever used! Still a bit to go on it, when finished will be up on Gnome-looks and most likely will say goodbye to that aspect. Never realized what an important part these things play in our systems! Anyway as have tried so many things connection wise on that 12.04 am pretty much out of ideas. Of course as I always say those of you on here posses much more knowledge than I do! For that I am forever grateful and just hoping someone will have some clues on how to get it going again!!! Me and my numbers messed it at first not 12.04 is 10. Thanks very much for your time! Am getting to think this is one of the dirtiest deals Ubuntu has to offer. What is the deal? Simple, "Thou shalt update or else you will have no connection! Lord UBUNTU has spoken! Head thy Words!" Honestly, 3 months ago saw the updates come up on it, blew it off, then a month later went to try it again and is a dead horse! You can run every command in the book from rfkill, ipconfig, you name it and refuses to connect! Not going to reload that system either as do not have the original! So if there are any aces out there that know some great trick to beat "Lord UBUNTU" please do not be afraid to tell me, or perhaps you are afraid Lord UBUNTU will strike your computer dead?
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Can't connect with 12.10

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Is your "second" drive internal?

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Have 2 drives for the laptop. Made the mistake of thinking one drive was bad when was a setting in the bios. One drive has 13.04 on it runs alright and connects well. Other has 12.10 which runs pretty good. Also has Win7 which connects with no problem. Only thing is like I said got the update message 3 months ago, did not do it as was pressed for time and after that, bye bye internet! I have been through pages of stuff and nothing works. All points connecting with wire and have not access to that! Only have wireless. Is like you better update or else!Thanks for helping XAN!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:39 pm

I realise you are not internet heavy..but I would suggest reinstalling, or connecting to an ethernet and upgrading the whole 12.10 with dist and then upgrading again with do-release...-f to get to 13.10. 12.10 sucks..it has always sucked, it will always suck. But it was really useful for testing 13.04 before it came out..so what I'm saying is..the only thing 12.10 was any good for was getting an unreleased 13.04. Now that 13.04 is released, it doesn't even have that claim to fame.

What is your setup for the laptop? Do you have 2 internal drives?

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Use one drive at a time, no dual setup. Sounds intriguing and wish there was room would be fun! Never the less have to pull one, put the other in. The 12.10 I built was nice, but yes do use 13.04 a lot more. Just figured would be nice to have that dual setup with 12.10 and Windows. See if I re-install that blows out Windows which is setup correctly and works as Windows should. No more comments on that OS! The 12.10 worked like a charm and did some nice things for me, of course since I messed with this 13.04 I do not think I have another copy of it! Then, unfortunately I am on a wireless connection which costs loads of cash when the downloads or uploads are high, so I avoid that when possible. If I was still in school or had a place to get a wired connection am sure I could cure this problem. I really think it has to do with updates, but is one poor way on Ubuntu's part to disable a wireless connection in the process. Icon on top shows is connected, but click internet like Chrome or do apt-get update and zippidy. As I do not know every trick in the book when it comes to connections on Linux, was hoping someone there would! Not going back to 12.10 full time by no means, just would like it for the here and there! Thanks for any ideas and help!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby pam » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:22 am

13.04 scraped 12.10, 13.10 will scrap off 13.04.
14.04 LTS will purge 12.04/12.10/13.04/13.10 into empty space.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1