Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

The Puppy Chronicles

Re: The Puppy Chronicles

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Screenshot-3.png

Screenshot-2.png

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:18 pm

bluethunder.png

playing with various remaster, had to make a pup

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Here it is on the netbook.

Screenshot.png

Precise Puppy w/ Gnome 2

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Screenshot-1.png

First Run after many many fails, had to drop gnome 2, back on Lucid(Precise 5.2.60)w/ Mate

Theme finally working, I couldn't get Blue Deck to run properly before, but neither did Lava, so I may start over since a full blue deck is much much lighter..mainly Dark Glass in this setup..something like 130mb, which is a little heavy for something like this..but so far so good.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Here it is running on the desktop, previous post it was on netbook, I try to crosscheck with virtual/desktop/netbook, to see if anything dramatic goes wrong.

Screenshot-1.png

Mainly I have stripped most of the icons, wallpapers at this point, replaced with default Ultimate Edition for jwm,rox(running underneath) and wall for Mate(caja), I stripped out what icon sets i could since Dark Glass was so heavy, stripped out pretty much all the themes to get Lava working right. Only thing added at this point app wise is Firefox-nightly, the panel was causing issues with netbook, so I had to leave some applets unlocked, seems to have done the trick, but as you can see in above pic, things do get moved around a little.

Still, even at this stage, it is a pretty decent .iso.

Ideally, I want to keep it under 500mb fully loaded, I am going to attempt to add at least wine, gkrellm, and full gimp w plugins, but I might just go all out. I am not quite sure how much the remaster will allow me.

I almost forgot..of course I added the Red Cursor!!!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4445&p=76791&hilit=red+cursor#p76791

All Bow before the Red Cursor!!

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby ryanvade » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:15 pm

Very nice. You got me curios about this... REALLY small full system. I might have to try it myself. Of course when I think small, I am led to Arch.

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:28 pm

It's an easier way to get accustomed to remix for me since my specs don't love heavy workloads..well, it does all right..but it takes forever, so it is harder to determine what went wrong. Still, pretty much all fail so far, but this is mostly my fault for being very specific about what I want to do(basically Ultimate Puppy for that) because if I had stuck with E17 I would be..idk..done. As for comparisons to Arch there aren't many, I have different purposes with this, i.e...no install, but as far as time is concerned it probably would have been far more beneficial and less frustrating if I had decided to do that as a project. With this you get the whole quantum Linux factor, where you can do something the exact same way and get different results. Present iteration, after installing Wine, and saving...boom..dead. Soooo, that's an issue. :lol:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby ryanvade » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Yeah...

I am going to give this a shot. Arch LIVE. I think E17 will be the desktop. I am planning on using linux-ck-pax for the kernel. Will be fun.

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:38 pm

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:57 pm

I was messing around with VB yesterday and found this in my download folder.

This was something I started on and is somewhat documented here so I thought I might as well share as I probably won't spend any time on it in the near future.

This is Puppy Linux with Mate and Ultimate Edition theming. Apparently I had tried the Azenis route and changed my mind. I know because I left the Icons in the trash so if you want Azenis Icons, there ya go.

Apparently it was also very important that I procure (vgfs?) as it is located in 2 separate places and Seamonkey is showing it in its history. I could clean this but I would end up stuck on it and I obviously dropped the project before.

I did get much further with this, but am not sure what I did with the .iso. This would be more a preparatory build.

If there is interest I may pick it up again but if you want a decent looking Wallet Distro here you go.

https://copy.com/m8tzMVk4wZnG

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Kde and Other Desktop Environments