Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ubuntu Builder the Distro saver!

Love it, hate it drop posts here
Forum rules
Comments or opinions expressed on this forum are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of Ultimate Edition, its management or employees. Ultimate Edition is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to the forum.

Re: Ubuntu Builder the Distro saver!

Postby Xanayoshi » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:36 pm

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Xan exactly what I am talking about sharing is an awesome thing!!!! Yeah XFCE seems to be a bit on the pain side!!! So yes you are correct in that one. Seems even though you install these desktops, the ****DEPENDENCIES***** seem to get left out! I will use TheeMahn's words for this and hope he does and never takes offense!!! I treasure his words and wisdom and never want to tip him off! Now in all this, there is method and motive to my madness! Am really striving to understand where these problems come in and how terrible it can be for newer users, veterans or whatever your knowledge level is! In understanding a problem, a solution can then be derived! As I continually say, I love Linux and am just hoping to find a way to solve some hassles to make it even nicer than it is!!! With these multiple desktops there is as I say "Multiple Headaches!" I find it quite amazing and incredible to get 5 desktops out of 10 to run properly!!!! Of course TheeMahn can get all of them going! Is a lot to learn, but is a continuing thing will do. In the course of all this will continue to share what is going on in hopes it helps others! Most people want everything to just work perfect and if it does not, they just leave well enough alone or get another distro! I was in that mix last year and now am out of it! Learned there is something wrong when only a few developers can put together a system that works over 90% in its effectiveness!!!! With getting into putting these systems together am starting to comprehend what is going wrong! Am hoping within the next few months to find a way to solve it!!! Least am hopeful! Just want it great for all! Once again will state before Ultimate Edition I was starting to get down in the dumps about Linux, that maybe it just was still to young! When I found out how much TheeMahn could get it to do, I was in awe and got completely turned around in my attitude!!!!! Still thank all for that and will forever!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:23 pm

That's from Thee's Fb post ;)

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:58 pm

I was trying to figure out how long I had been using Linux, so I stumbled across that review of the first Distro I really used, I used the Mate, XFCE, Debian versions until I started using Mainly the KDE one, which finally broke, after dist-upgrade about a month or two ago.

The author of the article stated XFCE needed "830+GB at the "normal" download payload".

For those keeping track, XFCE is a lightweight desktop that requires a Terabyte Drive to run :lol:

The hardest part of course is keeping track of all the discs, and making sure you install them in the right order.

This might explain why XFCE is behind in their developmental schedule, they are still downloading.

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby pam » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:51 am

Its more of a 'lingo' thing with linux. Formulating your question to put in google search is harder than solving your
problem. There is excellent documentation if you know exactly what you are hunting for. You also learn the nature of the beast i.e. google search and whether a particular search is clearly a vision and something you wish to do so there Wont be any documentation on that besides core concepts .

Documenting a distro-build is a washout. Current ubuntu uses X protocol, which will be replaced by mir, sooner. That's when concrete turns to chalk. Means you start all over again. Its a feeling that cant be put in words.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby tanmay.01 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:36 am

Just now other than ubuntu to one freezes debian repos and provide security updates. So there is no other base of choice. And the desktop environments are just not perfect. But i have been running for around 8 months on my production machine and have not encountered a annoying bug. There are too many dependencies for indicators but there is no other option. They indirectly support gtk so they too rely on those gvfs things. I feel like buying a mac.
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Would agree at points on that Tam! I get pretty disgusted at points also, but then think about all the good points there is!!! I just know there has to be some cure for all this, cause when these Linux systems are running correctly, they are awesome! The major flaw with Linux have noticed though is no one really considers any utilities for when something goes wrong!!! On Windows and even Mac most times events of this nature are just shrugged off and called viruses! Am grateful Linux really does not consider lying to be an option as those systems do!!!! On the funny side of things, just went to go use the KDE desktop and a simple utility like compress is not happening! Xan, is seeming to me that if you get the dependencies for xfce it actually does run right! Now that is amazing!!! Of course when using compiz you have to remember there is a little reliance on some of the gnome qualities. On my "apt-get build-dep" trip I have wandered into a discrepancy. When you try with gnome-shell after dep you get a complaint about 2 files being outdated and not possible to put in. Now if you enter gnome-panel after dep you will then notice those files installing and properly defined as 3.8.2 instead of 3.4! Very disgruntling and am sure is part of the reason am suffering the pangs of things not working correctly. Appears as I have considered in the past that someone writes a file for a program and does not know someone else has created a newer version of a file that is made reference to! That is when we get programs that stumble and fall! As have said am starting to understand the problem, but fixing it all is something that will take time! Even though is very frustrating right now with things not quite right, I am still happy have learned what I have. If I did not venture down this path, I would not have gained anything. 12.10 was a walk in the park compared to this 13.04. Of course I was only running Gnome,Cinnamon and XBMC which is nothing compared to what I have now!!! It is a huge challenge! Am also considering that when 13.04 was completed, other elements were not. So goes with the above theory. Most likely by 13.10 things will be a bit easier to sync up! Right now is on the order of mixing oil and water!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Previous

Return to Rants and Raves