Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 has been released!!!

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 1.8

Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 has been released!!!

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:16 pm

After a ton of work done all by hand, we have a release it is uploading now, admin / mods & mirrors once uploaded will have 24 hours to get their paws on it. It will then be released to forum members... After 32 bit is built the world. Please read below. Sorry I slept in today, they had more then 24 hours ;) Anyways have at it ladies n gents. If you want to see progress on the 32 bit edition, you can read how I made Ultimate Edition 1.8. If it were not for a few "stubborn packages" It would have already been released.

5/20/08: It is now officially released to the world ;) Due to "the load" placed on the download server, knocking it offline multiple times, I have purchased http://downloadultimate.info/ & hosting. This will help "split the load" & serve the community better. I wrote an awesome php script that will transfer files between the servers in seconds ~ 1.4 GB a minute. So Ultimate Edition 1.8 both x86 & 64 have an "official mirror". Not to mention other releases. Enjoy it was not free.

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64

Filesize: 1,417,543,680 bytes (1.3 GB)
md5sum: 1abddea24a762728efe1e55e74df1d67
Download: Main server, Mirror - thanks loopandjump, Mirror 2 - thanks jpfinne, Europe Mirror & Torrent - thanks ccal.
This link is for users with the IPV6 protocol enabled Mirror 3
Utah Mirror 4

Release Name: Ultimate Edition 1.8 x86 (32 bit)

MD5SUM: 61f124ffec0490af67aaa81734ab4524
FileSize: 1,405,452,288 bytes (1.4GB)
Download: Main, additional mirrors can be found here.

Older info:

I know Hardy has not went final this has not discouraged me, I have been building it for weeks & testing it, I think a few screenshots are in order. I will start with a shot of me building the next build note I am already running it...

Screenshot.png
Building next build of Ultimate Edition 1.8 on Ultimate Edition 1.8 (beta)

Screenshot-1.png
Someone want to send me a dual quadcore board?

GDM subject to change:
gdm login.png

Wallpaper (also subject to change):
Ultimate_1.8.jpg
Ultimate Edition 1.8 Wallpaper originally done by John Le (released under gpl), modded by me

I want to bring up one of our admin (cowboy) has sent me a wallpaper which is also being considered:
ultimate 1.8.1.jpg
Cowboy gets all credit here

I will come back & drop shots of installation etc...

Booting:
booting.png
Booting Ultimate Edition 1.8

I want everyone to understand this is no small jump between Ultimate Edition 1.7 to Ultimate Edition 1.8 this is built based off hardy not gutsy (6 months of advancements).

TheeMahn
Attachments
Screenshot.png
first screen
install1.png
Installing
partitioning.png
Partitioning
install2.png
Accessories & installing
install6.png
Multimedia & installing
install7.png
System & installing
install8.png
install9.png
flawless.png
Installation flawless
upgrading.png
Initiating Upgrade
upgrading2.png
Upgrade package selection
upgrade complete.png
Upgrade complete (not much was actually downloaded)
envy1.png
Breaking out EnvyNG (hardy based envy)
envy2.png
Installing Nvidia drivers
envy3.png
Driver installation complete (rebooting for the first time)
emeraldthemes.png
Breaking out Emerald (all themes included)
toys.png
Playing with toys
Last edited by TheeMahn on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Reason: Europe Mirror & Torrent added to download links
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 1.8 x64 in progress...

Postby SaddleTramp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:54 pm

Holy Chit Batman!!! Lookit all the stuff!! As usual, looks like we are to receive the best from THE BEST!! But of course, nothing less ;) Looking extra sharp there Thee !! Don't know what I could do for ya, but I'm here if there is. Figured out the torrent/seed thing and as of right now d/l'ing 1.7 64 & 32 via torrent to seed back out for ya. Not much, but figured was something I could at least do to show at least a little of my appreciation for what you do for us. If there's anything else, like I said, I'm here for ya :)
S'Tramp
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:06 pm

SaddleTramp wrote:Holy Chit Batman!!! Lookit all the stuff!! As usual, looks like we are to receive the best from THE BEST!! But of course, nothing less ;) Looking extra sharp there Thee !! Don't know what I could do for ya, but I'm here if there is. Figured out the torrent/seed thing and as of right now d/l'ing 1.7 64 & 32 via torrent to seed back out for ya. Not much, but figured was something I could at least do to show at least a little of my appreciation for what you do for us. If there's anything else, like I said, I'm here for ya :)
S'Tramp

Wow, that didn't take long set it global and 2 minutes later have a post ;) I will be removing Ultimate Edition 1.7 x64 from global once this goes final... Just try to keep people informed. After I start my job Monday, I probably won't have time to handle things as I have, sorry.

Thanks for hanging in there,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby SaddleTramp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:20 pm

TheeMahn wrote:Wow, that didn't take long set it global and 2 minutes later have a post ;) I will be removing Ultimate Edition 1.7 x64 from global once this goes final...

TheeMahn

THAT partner, is absolutely No Problem. Wish I could throw something snappy at ya for a name, but Ultimate Extreme is best I can think of right now, that is if your looking for some more input along those lines. Anyway, if there's anything I can do, even if it's to just run out to get ya brew, I'll FedEx it to ya <BREW> Take care there Thee. And try to get some rest somewhere between it all ;)
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:25 pm

SaddleTramp wrote:
TheeMahn wrote:Wow, that didn't take long set it global and 2 minutes later have a post ;) I will be removing Ultimate Edition 1.7 x64 from global once this goes final...

TheeMahn

THAT partner, is absolutely No Problem. Wish I could throw something snappy at ya for a name, but Ultimate Extreme is best I can think of right now, that is if your looking for some more input along those lines. Anyway, if there's anything I can do, even if it's to just run out to get ya brew, I'll FedEx it to ya <BREW> Take care there Thee. And try to get some rest somewhere between it all ;)

I will be honest, I do not hurt in that dept, people bend over backwards to drink beer with me on their tab, just to learn. I do not know how much they learn as they get inebriated ;) cheers <BREW>

As far as a name both names have to start with the letter "H" harty is a play on hardy same as gusty v/s gutsy Gnome v/s Gibbon I know I came out on top there Gnome is the environment, Gnarly v/s Gutsy as far as I see it I had them there as well. gusty v/s gutsy is the folder on the repo not the distro name. Gnarly I loved because it begins with a G but sounds like it begins with a N, same with Gnome. I could never do that again...

Hotrod is being considered as the last name. Unless better is found it will be it.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby brute » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:12 pm

Now thats what I be talkin' bout! Bring it on baby!
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby jfg69 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:29 am

TheeMahn wrote:After I start my job Monday. TheeMahn

Ha! work is over-rated (and underpaid, no doubt)

Don't worry, you know the crew is here to help out.

jfg69
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Postby jfg69 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:17 am

Well, this will be the one I clean my drives for, my NEXT OS. 1.8 and x64, yeah baby! Ready and waiting!

Ultimate Edition:(something with an H)Hotrod.. hmm, as an old skool hot rod guy, I like that! I think I'll go work on a wallpaper.. :D

jfg69
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 BIT

Postby brute » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:21 am

How about 2 of my favorite things...... Hardcore Harley
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby DaddyX3 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:07 am

brute wrote:How about 2 of my favorite things...... Hardcore Harley

No Thanks. I'll take one of these ANY freak'n day over something that doesn't handle, brake, accelerate worth a crap.Image
Why pay that much money for something that doesn't perform? Your a glutton for punishment I suppose ;)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz 45nm/Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R M.B. w/ddr3 1333
G.Skill 2X1GB DDR3 1333MHz/Gigabyte 8800GT PCIe 2.0 512MB GDDR3 OC'd to 700Mhz/ WD160 gig, 2- WD250 gig in RAID-0 (500GB), WD640 gig e-SATA external

AMD 64 X2 3800+/ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe/G.Skill 2X1GB Matched Pair ddr400
/EVGA 6800GS Nvidia Graphics 256MB/WD160gig drive

HTPC Box:AMD 64 X2 4400+/ BIOSTAR TF7050PV HDMI MicroATX/G.Skill 2X1GB /Matched Pair DDR800/Integrated video and audio/WD160gig drive
DaddyX3
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.3 32 BIT

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 1.8