Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

MicroLinux x86_64

Other Operating systems by admins / mods.

MicroLinux x86_64

Postby Micro » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:22 pm

MicroLinux is an x86_64 Debian Sid Based Rolling Release Distro (Constructed from 50 mb iso) featuring the latest Liquorix Kernel and Ultimate Edition Theme and Cursors. Background, grub, and lightdm image Marko Sučić - lightning on black.

A few Featured Software included:

Release 7.0 (wheezy)
Kernel Linux 3.7.0-10.dmz.2-liquorix-amd64
Mate Desktop Environment 1.4.2
Enlightenment Desktop Environment E17
XBMC 4:12.0
Repo's include Debian Multimedia, Opera, Liquorix, Experimental (not enabled by default)
Ultimate Edition Theme 3.6
Ultimate Cursors 0.0.4
Ultimate Player 1.0.1
Steam for Linux
Opera 12.14.1738
Iceweasel 10.0.12
K3b 2.0.2-6
Calibre 0.9.18
Cinelerra 2.2CV
Virtualbox 4.2.10
Pithos 0.3.17-1
owncloud 4.0.8
rapid photo downloader 0.4.6-1
Zero Install 2.0.1

View Readme.txt in home folder for post install ownCloud configuration and how to have permanent change of cursors
Live Installer is located under SYstem Tools (Installer requires the following):

30 GB or Larger Hard Drive
will not install to gpt table (use msdos)
mandatory swap file creation (64 bit OS reccomendation 1024)
Root password must be different then user password
password must be simple for installation only (bug) (after install open root terminal by typing su then enter and then change root and user password with following command- sudo passwd root and then sudo passwd username you installed with)
Live username and password are broken (after autologin from live cd if you wanted to view the E17 desktop by loging off then into E17, you can't (Please install to use E17 Desktop)
WIll work on those annoyances in the near future

Update and Keep current:

only two commands needed 1. apt-get update -f and apt-get dist-upgrade (use su to get root terminal instead of sudo -s like on Ubuntu) Install once and you never have to install again. :)

NVIDIA Installation:

1. Download NVIDIA Driver.run and place in opt
2. reboot into recovery kernel option and enter root password
3. cd /opt
4. sh NVIDIAwhaterdownload.run
5. If asked to remove current driver then fail (just reboot and try again)
6. If asked to install 32 bit libs (do so)
7. reboot

How to get it:

1. web browser- ftp://ftp.teklinux.com/ then Save files and done
2. Use ftp client with resume support (port21) to ensure download safety (ex. FileZilla)
username anonymous and there is no password
I look forward to sharing this with you all and hope to hear some feedback...

MATE.png

E17.png
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: MicroLinux x86_64

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:06 am

Now if I had not run into Ultimate and become a real pack rat with utilities, I would be using MicroLinux full time! Why??? Easy interface, ease of use! Those are the key points that make a great operating system. Most people are not computer junkies as I have become. Take for instance, my own brother. He will get on the net look up some things and use some programs be done within a few hours. Myself, I am stuck on the computer day in, day out due to schooling and personal interests. So for me, I need the stuffed with programs system. Drawbacks for that is intense, so I really do not recommend part time users to use as system as mine. MicroLinux is the right amount of programs to get most jobs done!!! Brilliant touch with XBMC desktop for those that want the nice Home Theater thru their computer. With the right video card, you can turn your living room via your computer into an awesome collection of movies! Absolutely love this idea about MicroLinux. Have to also say, this was the first OS I have ever used, that I did not have the immediate urge to change the desktop! Why? It looks to good as it is!!!! Enlightenment gives more color to things. All the icons on the bottom of the screen with the easiest access to programs! I am very impressed on this OS as can see with its ease of use, those that want to get things done quickly and get off the computer can very easily do that with this system!!!!! I mean, you will not be sitting there with your head spinning, wondering what to do!!! Is all laid out easy! Hardest part of the whole system is installation. Those that are used to the easy Ubuntu install, the close your eyes and hit install have to open your eyes for this one! Is not impossible, you just have to pay attention. As long as you have knowledge of Linux partitions, you will have no problem installing. Virtualbox comes pre-installed which is also one great asset! The skills Micro possesses in his great knowledge of Linux is portrayed perfectly with his OS!!! Awesome! Is also the first OS besides Windoze(needed for school) that I have kept in Vbox for over a week!!! Love it!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby pam » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:27 am

Best Debian remix ever.
<BREW> <BREW>
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby OnoSendai » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:36 am

I've dlled this, burnt to disk, and rebooted with this targeted. I get the intro image, (very nice!), then when I hit "Live", it shows a lot of code, white letters on black and ends with "user config" something, something and waiting. What do I do next, please?
For the world, which seems to lie before us like a land of dreams, so various, so beautiful, so new, has really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain. And we are here as on a darkling plain, swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight. Where ignorant armies clash by night...
OnoSendai
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Micro » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 am

It takes a minute after you see user config to start up. Just give it time and it will boot to Live Desktop. Live env should be pretty snappy...
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Postby OnoSendai » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:30 am

Micro wrote:It take a minute after you see user config to start up. Just give it time and it will boot to Live Desktop

D'OH! Thank you kindly.
For the world, which seems to lie before us like a land of dreams, so various, so beautiful, so new, has really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain. And we are here as on a darkling plain, swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight. Where ignorant armies clash by night...
OnoSendai
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby JOHNNYG » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:59 am

I will DL after 12:00 AM due usage limits on my internet, (They only give me 10 GiGs for the month, But between 12:00 - 5:00 AM all is free !!! ) Looking forward to checking it out ! :D Looks Super ! <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby OnoSendai » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:51 am

Hm, I only had 18gb to allow for it and I installed Grub to MBR, now it boots straight to Windows again. Any hope of my repairing this?
OnoSendai
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Micro » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks JOHNNYG I appreciate it and look forward to your take on it all... Welcome to the forum Strelok- btw. I've had issues installing to anything under a 30 gb slice as a virtual guest, reason why I made the statement in my post. Mbr is usually a safe choice for a basic install on a single hard drive without a specified /boot partition. Check this out to repair your dual boot grub config , http://superuser.com/questions/515065/not-loading-grub-after-installing-mint-and-ubuntu
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Postby OnoSendai » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Micro wrote:Thanks JOHNNYG I appreciate it and look forward to your take on it all... Welcome to the forum Strelok- btw. I've had issues installing to anything under a 30 gb slice as a virtual guest, reason why I made the statement in my post. Mbr is usually a safe choice for a basic install on a single hard drive without a specified /boot partition. Check this out to repair your dual boot grub config , http://superuser.com/questions/515065/not-loading-grub-after-installing-mint-and-ubuntu

I tried OmniBoot, but it couldn't even find a Grub signature for it. That's okay, I'm sticking with Win 7. I've had zero trouble with it, just wanted something new to play with. I distro-hopped for three years now but none of them do everything that Windows 7 does. Guess I'm about through with Linux.
OnoSendai
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Next

Return to Remixes by Admins and Mods