Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Build with me ;)

Source code I have written openly published for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Build with me ;)

Postby pam » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Im sorry it didn't work for you.

AMD and nvidia both produce the excellent cards with drivers that are equally strong. The new radeons and their respective drivers with 'excellent'
linux support are a testament to their commitment and users. Nvidia just recently has begun to take on AMD with their 28nm kepler GPU's. Nvidia
drivers are pretty strong but are a still a bit buggy. On the higher end AMD crossfire works similarly as it does on windows.

AMD's absolute lack of FreeBSD support makes up for excellent linux support.

Nvidia is not as good for gaming as AMD (...IMO)and are better suited for floating point stuff or computational tasks that require something extra other than
just burning a CPU---like using linux, running SETI/Folding @home(and dedicated programs that require CUDA/PhysX), the usual FreeBSD stuff etc.

My use of Nvidia cards warrants enough to project the excellence of AMD. You really do require a $300 Nvidia card that actually does
perform as much.

Whenever you might get more time after your school starts you could try it on a sane installation of ultimate edition. Without tampering or
playing around it might just work. The moment you start playing around with applications and different configurations you will experience the
the havoc being created by the free open source drivers.The compiz that works with gallium3d is in a pretentious state.

On a practical note if everything is working fine and you dont use HDMI then dont use amd drivers, better you focus at pressing problems at hand and leave it be.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:36 pm

No worry just these built in types am not overjoyed with!!! Never have been and this is the first with built-in. Takes too much away from memory and messes with everything! Was never totally on the money in windoze or any OS! So you know next machine will be better built! For now, picture is crystal clear, have decent effects on compiz and all programs work. Is the same state left Ultimate 3.5 with that exton kernel! Had all the effects but no flgrx. Who needs the folgers xtra coffee anyway!!! Not going to be gaming, nope am going to be using programs! Only cheap game I play once in a great while is mad bomber(few times a month!) so is no big deal to me at this time. Just like those neat little effects with the fire and all on the menu! Can't get extras to install in Gnome, just doesn't like it! Not unless you get all the Unity stuff. To me was a scary experience on 3.4 when I could not get rid of that Ubuntu desktop. I never want to see that awful thing again! So I evade Unity stuff because of that. Guess is why I pay the price of not having those nice effects? When time permits will mess with it! Is more important to be set up for school now though! Have Windoze loaded on vbox, but now have come up with an idea to possibly use it on Gnome Boxes! Still have til Thursday to mess with stuff! Figured is worth a try! Have nothing to loose as vbox is all set with it! Have my flash set with this OS. Less red tape, little smaller, up and down like a rocket! As have said doubt will stay on this forever, just for now figure will learn some more things, which is what I am always after! Least for now can still feed my curiosities!!! Is some fun am about to have with a few ideas, never know maybe one of them will work???? As always, never take any offense at anything I say as I never mean it that way!!! Just want to explore and learn! Really, Really appreciate everyone's patience with a novice as me! Remember almost everyone here has been on Linux much longer than I have! Also thanks for always helping and answering is the best advice I ever got on this whole internet! Ultimate rules!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:54 pm

pam wrote:Im sorry it didn't work for you.

AMD and nvidia both produce the excellent cards with drivers that are equally strong. The new radeons and their respective drivers with 'excellent'
linux support are a testament to their commitment and users. Nvidia just recently has begun to take on AMD with their 28nm kepler GPU's. Nvidia
drivers are pretty strong but are a still a bit buggy. On the higher end AMD crossfire works similarly as it does on windows.

AMD's absolute lack of FreeBSD support makes up for excellent linux support.

Nvidia is not as good for gaming as AMD (...IMO)and are better suited for floating point stuff or computational tasks that require something extra other than
just burning a CPU---like using linux, running SETI/Folding @home(and dedicated programs that require CUDA/PhysX), the usual FreeBSD stuff etc.

My use of Nvidia cards warrants enough to project the excellence of AMD. You really do require a $300 Nvidia card that actually does
perform as much.

Whenever you might get more time after your school starts you could try it on a sane installation of ultimate edition. Without tampering or
playing around it might just work. The moment you start playing around with applications and different configurations you will experience the
the havoc being created by the free open source drivers.The compiz that works with gallium3d is in a pretentious state.

On a practical note if everything is working fine and you dont use HDMI then dont use amd drivers, better you focus at pressing problems at hand and leave it be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpOyKCNZYw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfZTFtFWz7I
;)
i used to hate ATI, as does Nvidia now kept thier source closed. When AMD bought ATI all changed. Nothing, but ATI err AMD will reside in my personal machine. To be honest if I install the closed source drivers they run slower then the open source. That statement says alot. Amazing what happens when you let a 1000 devs rip through your code. Thank god ATI, err amd was smart enough to look through the smoke screen and mirrors to make the decision to allow open source open up thier baby.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:09 pm

I have recieved feed back on Ultimate Edition 3.4 lite and adjustments have began:
Micro wrote:I've been waiting for MATE and what a nice flavor this is. Visually seeing the stripped TheeMahn version of it is interesting. Would have never thought to see nautilus in the mix. I was guessing caja with a crazy background and emblem. Theme is awesome, crisp fast and responsive. I am impressed to say the least and may have to replace the 2.9 laptop in the house. It only makes sense. Bravo...

Thier packages have a ton and I do mean a ton of errors, they evidently feel that Debian needs to make a section for them an "empty metapackage" from them:
Code: Select all
theemahn@JackHammer:~/Downloads$ repomaster -e mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb
===============================================
Repomaster 1.7.1-7 is entering extraction mode.
===============================================
======================================================================
Beginning extraction of mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb
======================================================================
to mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all/
Extracting Control files from mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb
Extracting data files from mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb
/bin/repomaster: line 117: [: -d: binary operator expected
Proper name for mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all should be mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all
Extraction of mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb complete.
Removing mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb.
Extraction of 1 deb(s) complete.  No errors detected in extraction.
theemahn@JackHammer:~/Downloads$ repomaster -b
Clearing Logs.
==========================================
Repomaster 1.7.1-7 is entering build mode.
==========================================
mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all/
===========================
Build the above debs (Y/N)? Y

===============================================================
Beginning build of mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all/
===============================================================

Relaxing permissions of mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all/
[sudo] password for theemahn:
Cleaning up any tmp or backup files.
Setting individual file permissions to 644.
No /etc/ so need to build conffiles.
Scanning for executables in mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all/ Stage 1.
Scanning for executables in mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all/ Stage 2.
Calculating Installed size & inserting into control file if necessary.
mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all/ is 28. Control file reporting: 28
Size indicated in control file is correct.
Calculating MD5SUMS in mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all/
Setting ownership to root in mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all/
Setting individual folder permissions to 755.
Setting permissions rights for control etc.
Building mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all/
dpkg-deb: building package `mate-desktop-environment' in `mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb'.
Lintian resulting package mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb.
Build results of mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb
W: mate-desktop-environment: unknown-section mate
W: mate-desktop-environment: empty-binary-package
Error(s): 0 | Warning(s): 2 | Info: 0 has been recorded.
"nano mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb.errors" for more information or
"repomaster -f mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all/" to autofix.
=== End Build results of mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb ===
Processing Error logs for mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb.errors.

___________________________________ SESSION RESULTS ____________________________________
FILE                                            ERRORS  WARNINGS  INFO
mate-desktop-environment_1.4.9+precise_all.deb  0       2         0
________________________________________________________________________________________
Error(s):  | Warning(s): 4 | Info: 0
theemahn@JackHammer:~/Downloads$

W: mate-desktop-environment: unknown-section mate, I have been watching errors disappear from package after package. The Os you are running is pretty damn close to bulletproof. You will be hard pressed to get the ******* to crash. You have no clue how much repomaster fixed in the OS you are running. I will not BS you. A few slipped though, as compared to the initial jack squat. You should not have a permission issue. That gives me a woody. files that may for example had a 777 premission on it now are 644 if for example a configuration file and 755 if an executable. What does that mean to you? Hackers will find the O/S almost unpenetratable. 100% Lintian error free is the goal, id say 99% now. That last 1 precent I will have to write functions for.

I have fixed a few things trying to fix when you double click a png jpg etc should load up EOM (Eye of mate) not phatch:
cat /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache | grep -v "=eom.desktop;" | grep "eom.desktop;"

a sed statement from hell is coming ;) Feedback has provided the following changes to the final O/S:
  • No screenshot utility - Fixed
  • No calculator - Fixed
  • No jockey-gtk for those with restricted vid cards. - Fixed
  • Full distro stamping - plymouth text has been raped ;)
  • Probably a bunch of others I can not think of at the time
Where I currently am:
#DEFAULT APPLICATIONS VIA MIME TYPE
xdg-mime default deluge.desktop x-scheme-handler/magnet
xdg-mime default deluge.desktop application/x-bittorrent
grep -i deluge ~/.local/share/applications/*

#INFO
~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
~/.local/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
/usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache
/usr/share/applications/mimeapps.list
/usr/share/applications/defaults.list

#THEEMAHN UP
#Obtain normal lines setting EOM as default:
cat /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache | grep -v "=eom.desktop;" | grep "eom.desktop;"
BEFORE$(sed "s/eom.desktop;/
sed -i 's/

I could edit the file by hand and have it over with, if I can use the terminal in one swift statement can do the same with any application, so yes a necessity. If you find an issue you may think is miniscule, please report it. This will be the O/S I choose to run for at least the next 3 years. Yes, I will have to install Ultimate Edition 3.6 etc. but will be my mainstay. Micro, thank you for testing. If you are running the same 3.4 lite as Goliath, I am thinking you are. When you click home on the left you should have bookmarks for downloads etc. they are not there, but are on the release I am running now. So like I said even the miniscule means a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfZTFtFW ... autoplay=1
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Had to go the cheap route this time as funds were low, so these built-ins are just a pain! When they are separate and not straining the main memory, that's when performance rules! Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul, just isn't so great! Am sure things will get better this year and will build a new one! This computer just does no justice for Ultimate! Can't wait to get a real machine to run the next Ultimate! This OS with the missing pieces(have rounded up most of them!) does alright for a half hazard machine like mine! Plus is best I learn some things, so I can stop destroying OS's! Am great at that!!! Least Ultimate can take major blows and keep running, nothing else ever did, that I ran! So this is my testament to you, TheeMahn that just proves you make the best!!! Did figure a great trick for Gnome Boxes which when posted should help others! Am very stubborn, and have to say seeing someone that is so selfless as yourself, sure inspired me to start working to give back something! Sure miss the days when I was great with cars and gave as much time to others to help them! Being here on your forum has brought those warm and great feelings back! Nothing I can do or say, can possibly repay for how great I feel here!!!! Just hope I am not aggravating anyone when I blow off a little steam at points! Some tasks, since I lack the education are time consuming and at points, I find information that is outdated! Hurts when you need information about a present day Linux system and you wind up finding information from 4 or more years ago! Is awesome least people here are well educated and can point to the right direction, when that need arises!!! I am looking forward to all your endeavors, as have said is better than anything on TV, information, books have read!!! Just incredible to watch history reshape as you hone all those tools to keep making things better!!! Is a total honor to be a part of all this! Best day of my life is when I downloaded 3.4 and started on this forum! Never have I learned so much!!! Just hope this goes on forever!!! As always appreciate and wish the best for everyone here!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby uenuubguy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 pm

After inputting
#prepare
mkdir edit
mkdir extract-cd
mkdir mnt
mkdir squashfs

mount -o loop ubuntu-mini-remix-12.10-amd64.iso mnt/
rsync --exclude=/casper/filesystem.squashfs -a mnt/ extract-cd
mount -t squashfs -o loop mnt/casper/filesystem.squashfs squashfs
cp -a squashfs/* edit/
umount squashfs/
umount mnt/

mount --bind /dev/ edit/dev
#DBUS? - only mount when playing with the kernel / cups
mount --bind /var/run/dbus/ edit/var/run/dbus/
#mount --bind / edit

chroot edit
mount -t devpts none /dev/pts
mount -t proc none /proc
mount -t sysfs none /sys
cd tmp/

I get this:
#prepare
root@   -desktop:~/wip# mkdir edit
mkdir: cannot create directory `edit': File exists
root@   -desktop:~/wip# mkdir extract-cd
mkdir: cannot create directory `extract-cd': File exists
root@   -desktop:~/wip# mkdir mnt
mkdir: cannot create directory `mnt': File exists
root@   -desktop:~/wip# mkdir squashfs
mkdir: cannot create directory `squashfs': File exists
root@   -desktop:~/wip#
root@   -desktop:~/wip# mount -o loop ubuntu-mini-remix-12.10-amd64.iso mnt/
ubuntu-mini-remix-12.10-amd64.iso: No such file or directory
root@   -desktop:~/wip# rsync --exclude=/casper/filesystem.squashfs -a mnt/ extract-cd
root@   -desktop:~/wip# mount -t squashfs -o loop mnt/casper/filesystem.squashfs squashfs
mnt/casper/filesystem.squashfs: No such file or directory
root@   -desktop:~/wip# cp -a squashfs/* edit/
cp: cannot stat `squashfs/*': No such file or directory
root@   -desktop:~/wip# umount squashfs/
umount: squashfs/: not mounted
root@   -desktop:~/wip# umount mnt/
umount: mnt/: not mounted
root@   -desktop:~/wip# mount --bind /dev/ edit/dev
mount: mount point edit/dev does not exist
root@   -desktop:~/wip# #DBUS? - only mount when playing with the kernel / cups
root@   -desktop:~/wip# mount --bind /var/run/dbus/ edit/var/run/dbus/
mount: mount point edit/var/run/dbus/ does not exist
root@   -desktop:~/wip# #mount --bind / edit
root@   -desktop:~/wip# chroot edit
chroot: failed to run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory
root@   -desktop:~/wip# mount -t devpts none /dev/pts
mount: none already mounted or /dev/pts busy
mount: according to mtab, devpts is already mounted on /dev/pts
root@   -desktop:~/wip# mount -t proc none /proc
mount: proc already mounted
root@   -desktop:~/wip# mount -t sysfs none /sys
mount: none already mounted or /sys busy
mount: according to mtab, sysfs is already mounted on /sys
root@   -desktop:~/wip# cd tmp/
bash: cd: tmp/: No such file or directory

HELP!!!!!
3.0 GHz AMD A8-3870K unlocked APU with integrated AMD Radeon HD 6550D graphics
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws RAM
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7500RPM, SATA 6GBps
2TB Western Digital Green 7500RPM, 6GBps
Ubuntu 14.10
Ultimate Edition 4.2
Arch Linux
Kubuntu 14.10 wth. Plasma 5
uenuubguy
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby pam » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:28 am

Brush up on your linux skills. Read a book or look up some online tutorials/youtube videos.
Learn to navigate the command line on linux.
Your solution to your errors are all in the dump output after your command.
'file exists'---means file/directory exists in the path.

Another thing-- you are trying to mount an iso which you have not downloaded...you need to download ubuntu mini remix and mount it.....just as you would with Ultimate Edition.

OS Building is not for the faint at heart. You really need some good linux muscles. Doing something THEEMAHN'S way is for advanced
and highly experienced user. Another thing Theemahn has a setup to build an OS and chances are 'we' could be missing something here or there. Better still use Remastersys or Ubuntu-builder. Sure its pretty lame but you cant hammer a nail into wood with your hand.

BTW uenuubguy nice for you to attempt it. Keep digging for more info and honing skills. You might just see Ultimate Edition being used on the International Space Station...one day.

@BBOSAK2143

seems pch.shot is pretty busy. Until you get rights to his site you can in the meantime upload it on linuxtracker.org. You can use Vuze/Deluge/ktorrent to create a torrent quickly and upload it on linuxtracker. Add the tracker to the upload program ..Vuze/Deluge. Your system might need to be on 24/7 for initial user downloads.
http://sblinux.org/pages/deluge-new.html.
http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.php? ... _a_torrent
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Will do that computer lab wasn't open yesterday but should be this next week!!! Think this thing is worth taking a look and gander at!!! Needs some touch up, but does run. After this second load am not seeing any error messages! This will be the first Gnome 3.6, I have not seen that happen! Always get errors whenever you move the switches in tweak tool, which is not happening here! Finally after a month something has gone right!!! Hopefully, this next Wednesday will be able to upload it, and will do that! Owe it all to everyone here, helped me out all the time and in the best way! My turn to give something back!!! Thanks for everything always and will always do my best for everyone here!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 am

Hmm, now build with me, wrote tools to ensure you can: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8901

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby pam » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:29 am

Thanks Theemahn!
DONOTSPAMORTROLL: