Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

College users- What would you like in an OS?

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

College users- What would you like in an OS?

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:18 pm

If this is posted in the wrong place, please move to correct place! Now in my estimation so far Ultimate is the closest and best Operating System there is for those of us in College! With that said, I now pose another question. Is there anything more that can be done to support your educational growth? Personally for that I have some plans, but with my lack of technical know how am not positive to achieve all this. Presently am experimenting with an Ubuntu 12.10 to get it closer for those of us that are in college. I would love to get some feedback, as am just looking to one day help this goal to be obtained! Not just because, I am currently a student, but is because of what a great education produces. I am once again referring to TheeMahn! I want to insure future students are able to become as great as he is!!!! The world we live in needs more people as caring and giving, producing the best possible Operating Systems they can! I also pose this challenge to those that have tried to mess TheeMahn's progress up! I challenge you "hackers" to do something useful, create programs that can help people! It is very easy to hate and destroy! It takes a real person to help and create!!!! It is the most rewarding feeling to help people. I can't comprehend why someone would want to do the opposite! Now with that said, there are differences between Universities and Community Colleges. It is my understanding Universities mostly support Linux, while Community Colleges tend to evade it! Is there a way we can meet in the middle, so all students can relate? I know personally, I will most likely not be able to accomplish high achievements, but I want to insure others can! Plain words need advice to help!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: College users- What would you like in an OS?

Postby Xanayoshi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Honestly..I personally would probably prefer a dualboot laptop with Windows 7 and Blackbuntu. On the Blackbuntu side I would run Mac Lion on VB. (Theoretically Apple, I would never ever install your superior OS on hardware that wasn't approved by you, I totally know better) In this way..I have like...everything. However, if I were to stick with just one OS and a build I would most likely stick with Crunch and the libre suite because it's just soooo fast, shortcut it and go...plus I don't need anything high end on the hardware side, so a hundred bux, I should be back in business if something happens to my hardware. This is all very theoretical though, as in reality I would probably just run Ultimate Edition and try to get everyone I know to use it too because I think Ultimate Edition is vastly superior as an introduction to Linux OS as it gets you away from habitual update and upgrade and more towards what works for the user.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Micro » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Would imagine if you took a vote, nude wallpapers would be #1. lol :lol:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby pam » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:52 pm

HAA!
+1 but got to be real classy.

Crunch is great, but archbang is even better.......probably the only OS after ubuntu that has all drivers for most devices..

What id like is a massive management program that can handle, modify and change theme's, font's for conky...... still doing by hand is way cooler.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Sounding good, would love to get these themes more organized! Is a hard task to accomplish for newer users to have to worry about 3 to 4 different areas to get all the settings correct, myself included at times! Right now is looking like a severe delay in this OS! Should have heeded TheeMahn's warnings! Canonical is a disaster area and am getting nothing but garbage, so far is not stable due to this fact! Complications with Ubuntu Builder(clogged drain) has done some damage also! Had it all mapped out and planned, after I saw TheeMahn's idea. Well so far not so functional and a disappointment! Am thinking about running a small ubuntu on a flashdrive and trying to use UB again at school when time permits! This time would use TheeMahn's stuff, he has the right stuff! Don't want to say what I think of the other guys!!!! Might be able to burn this OS for now and let it run and see how far it gets, but is kind of scary! I have replaced some of the junk, but not all! No clock in taskbar on Gnome Classic, mplex Gstreamer cashed, and compiz is wishy washy! Failure in my book! Am pretty sure(not 100% but close) especially from all have read and hours spent it should have been a more reliable system and more closely related to interact with windoze. Oh well, will get time at school, make sure have everything set and would probably take an hour or two to produce the real deal! Still thanks much for all suggestions and am going to keep trying to get it going! Just have to get a link between Universities and Community Colleges. Would benefit all and that is what I seek! If it were just for myself, I can easily get a reasonable deal going. Is much more complex with the amount of programs! Will stay in touch!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:24 pm

pam wrote:HAA!
+1 but got to be real classy.

Crunch is great, but archbang is even better.......probably the only OS after ubuntu that has all drivers for most devices..

What id like is a massive management program that can handle, modify and change theme's, font's for conky...... still doing by hand is way cooler.

Pacman is eating my brain
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-01-10-12-18-13.png

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby Micro » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:09 pm

Just thought it might be worth mentioning for those who use Windows. If you want a responsive Windows desktop machine with capabilities of server functionality, you may want to consider Server 2008 R2. It is faster and more secure than any other version of windows. Plus if you want you can spin up a web, ftp, smtp, dhcp, file and print server very easily. Just to mention a few. And when i say responsive, I mean noticably more responsive in a windows environment. ;)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Going for a second build on this thing and going to follow TheeMahn's way a bit more. Just want that Gnome Desktop, don't want mate and all these others and want a few additions. Don't know how it's going to go, but has to be better than the first! Not going to stop til something comes out of it and can be useful to others. Hopefully will learn more this semester and would be nice to make some decent additions(programs) that will help students on their way! I had a tough time of it and am just hoping to make it easier for those coming up! We all rely on computers to do our tasks and need them to do it! Still looking to make it more symbiotic with Windoze for those that will transfer to Universities after Community College semester(s). So far as have mentioned, I believe Ultimate is the closest to this solution. Still will try with the aid of what TheeMahn uses to try to accomplish something closer to that point! For now TheeMahn is still to be commended for his great support for all us students. TheeMahn, you are one great person that cares for us students and am just hoping we will all make you proud one day!!! You have the best OS out here, and the best forum and people helping everyone! Please, Please never stop!!! Also still thank everyone for tolerating me and helping me on my way!! You're all the best and always wish the best for everyone here!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:03 pm

I think its best to start with the soothing blue backgrounds that Windows provides to make it more comfortable for the end user. Here is one from Windows 8. This should help make it feel more current.
Attachments
blue-screen-of-death.jpg

ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Absolutely love it Xan! Is a prime example of why I don't want to use that full time or should I say fool time! This 2nd build is a lot closer to TheeMahn's and put his repo in there this time! His has batteries included!!!! Still Gnome as aggravating as it is, is still having a time adapting, but think in the next steps it will. Just giving me a time on bluetooth. Can see why TheeMahn did what he did at first! Should have went that way but am a little stubborn, have to find things out on my own! Want blender, k3d and a few other things in there. Not going to have UB in there stock. Will get that after all is done, if I decide to. Been thinking about some other things and maybe will learn enough this next semester to put things together better! Just still wish I had time and money to spend the amount of time I really need to learn this stuff right! Feel like I am stabbing away in the dark at times!!! Still as have said, has been my dream to do this! One day would love to be up there with the great developers such as TheeMahn. Probably will never be half as good, but just want to try and do my best for everyone! As said, want to give something back. Also the hassles I have been through, if I can make it easier for the next person I will! I won't sit there and laugh at them, I will do my best to help them get where I am at! It feels great when I can give something back! Did that for years with mechanics! Now or should say since the 90's am not so good with cars. Too many differences in parts!!!! Just don't have the patience for it any more!!! First one I made does work, but there are pieces missing and would be like looking for a needle in a haystack! Pretty much scrapping it as I would not consider that a help to people. Could do more damage than good! Any way sure needed the laugh as time is growing short til last semester starts! I know then will hardly be on here and will be busy as a bee!!!!! Start next Thursday!!! Am hoping will get some time in the lab and work on a few projects, but can't be positive. I just know when I finish up, get work, will be at this again! A good one is going to happen one of these days!!! I have faith and am more stubborn than all the mules in Tennessee put together!!!! As always love it here and is my favorite place to be!!! What better place to hang out at then where the greatest people reside!!!!
AMD FX 4350 Processor
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Next

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!