Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

(Solved,sorta).Can't get W7 to finish installation.

Free discussion on anything Microsoft

Re: NO Hurry, here...Can't get W7 to finish installation.

Postby dougal » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Been down the Windows installation route many times and usually no problem. I am just wonderin if you have the correct disk for your system. If I read your first post correctly. It sounds like your rescue disk is trying to cure problems for a version of Windows different to what you are trying to install and setting something on the hard disk for 32-bit access - just a guess. Have you tried preparing the disk partitions using GParted or the Disk Utility from the System/Administration menu.
Often the Supergrub boot disc can cure problems like this. It might be worth getting hold of one if you can.
Here's a thought... try swapping your video connection off the add-in graphics card for the on-board. Is this possible? Do you have an add-in card? You may have to set the BIOS option for graphics to choose the on-board first.
If this gets your Windows installed you'll know that you need to install your NVidia drivers next.

Hope your situation improves soon. I have been there and it's not nice. Good luck. <BREW>
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Re: (Solved)NO Hurry, here..Can't get W7 to finish installat

Postby Wolfie Lee » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks, guys. It does run on the on-board video. Can't begin to fathom why it is having a prob with my 8800GTS, couse with my last rig, I didn't have to do a THING. The NVIDIA edition just took over, optimized it, accelerated it, AND gave me the Riva-Tuner treatment so I could overclock it. The ONLY major change to the system from then to now was the Motherboard. Go figure, eh. Oh, well, at least I have two OS's, for now, even if I can't get even NVIDIA's latest drivers for W7 Ultimate to work with it after booting to safe mode...??? Ah, well...one step forward...U know. :roll:
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX6300 Black (6x 3.5GHz)
CPU cooler: OCZ Vedetta with replacement Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm 1400 RPM fan
MEM: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport DDRIII 1600; PC3-12800
GPU: XFX Double Dispersion Radeon R7 360P-F22M 1050MHz 2GB GDDR5
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-5183
PS: XFX 650W XXX Edition Grey Modular
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby dougal » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Good to hear you're having some success. It certainly sounds like a graphics driver problem.You may have some luck picking up the driver that your system manufacturer set-up with the system. It might just have something specific not contained in the driver from NVidia. Sounds bonkers I know but, these things happen.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
dougal
Site Admin

Postby Wolfie Lee » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Well...I manufacture it...LOL. Been building my own rigs since the mid-90's.

Had a LITTLE more success. I wipe the partition and re-installed AGAIN, this time with the on-board video. THEN I swapped in the 8800GTS. It got to the desktop, detected, and installed the pre-included driver for my card, but when I re-started, I had to log in in the dark, then all that would come up was the desktop background, with a HUGE black border. Got me really scratching my head! I even tried two drivers that I grabbed from the NVIDIA site, with the same results. So I have given up on it for now, and am running the On-board graphics. OR...perhaps I'll give the 32-bit flavor a from - scratch whirl...?? We will see, I guess.

Later, all.
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX6300 Black (6x 3.5GHz)
CPU cooler: OCZ Vedetta with replacement Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm 1400 RPM fan
MEM: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport DDRIII 1600; PC3-12800
GPU: XFX Double Dispersion Radeon R7 360P-F22M 1050MHz 2GB GDDR5
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-5183
PS: XFX 650W XXX Edition Grey Modular
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Re: (Solved,sorta).Can't get W7 to finish installation.

Postby dougal » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Keep posting it will be good to hear what finally fixes it for you.
<BREW>
Cheers,
ImageImage

dougal
Site Admin

Postby jim » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:42 am

I was curious if you have two monitors hooked up, because with my computer whenever I install with monitor and tv hooked up, my tv is automatically set as the main monitor. If that's not the case maybe you could try a different dvi port or different cable. Sorry if you've already tried these things. Good luck with it and let us know if you fix it.
jim
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Wolfman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:09 am

Hi,

I thought I might just ask a quick question.

Here you said: "I have re-burned the DVD and the checksum shows correct as well. I am at a pure dead-end. The same thing happened when there was NO OS on the drive (probably 3 or four attempts, with 2 DVD's)".

My question is, did you burn the ISO at the slowest possible speed??, even if the disk or burner support high speed burning, you should always select the lowest speed possible so as to avoid read/write errors which can lead to disks being corrupted even if the MD5 says its okay!!.

Just a thought.

Regards Wolfman :yesno
Packard Bell Easynote TK
4GB DDR3 Memory
AMD Athlon II X2 CPU P320
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 Bit
ZorinOS 6 Ultimate 64 Bit
PinguyOS 12.04 32 Bit
Windows 7
HP Compaq Presario
AMD Athlon II X3 425 Processor × 3
GeForce GT 430/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW
4GB DDR3 Memory
Wolfman
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Xanayoshi » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:50 pm

It sounds like you need to fix your sectors on your drive. I would do a real format, the one that takes forever and makes you think your computer stopped working.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Previous

Return to Windows