Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Yes It is coming...

Older versions of Ultimate Edition

Re: Yes It is coming...

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks Gentlemen for the kind comments. It apears I did not do my housework in cleaning up Ultimate Edition 3.5 32 bit. So some work to do here. The 64 bit is off the chain. Goliath has been running a super earily beta perhaps I should call alpha w/o ANY issue for a month or better. This was built with KDE pre-installed, however not default. This has changed as the screenies show. I have built a new conky builder and may go back and hit the 64 bit side as well:
cbuilder.png
Added multi-monitor support and temp detection.

I have also written a cli based client for finding nas drives on your network:
Code: Select all
TheeMahn@JackHammer:~$ nasup -s
Nasup 1.7.1-5
=============
GNU nasup home page: <http://www.ultimateedition.info/>.
E-mail bug reports to: <[email protected]>.
Be sure to include the word nasup somewhere in the Subject: field.

Scanning for Goflex IP..
========================
2 NAS Drive(s) detected.
========================
Host exists at 192.168.0.100, attempting mount.
Mount point does not exist, creating /media/NAS/.
Mounting NAS from 192.168.0.100 to /media/NAS/
Username: John
Password:
Host exists at 192.168.0.104, attempting mount.
Mount point does not exist, creating /media/NAS1/.
Mounting NAS from 192.168.0.104 to /media/NAS1/
Username: theemahn
Password:

TheeMahn@JackHammer:~$

Will mount up to 255 NAS drives ;) In this case I am mounting John's (Goliath's) NAS and mine.

Support for multiple monitors has also increased:
TheeMahn@JackHammer:~$ multi-monitor

multi-monitor 1.7.1-5
=============

Usage: multi-monitor -<-COMMAND> [option]

possible commands...      

-v   --version      dump version info
   -s   --scan         Scans for monitors
   -h   --help         this help message

Usage Scan;
   multi-monitor -s

Detect ports and monitors enabling only monitors
   that are conected and set xinerama view.

After completion and successfully finding monitor(s) will provide
   command to crontab to set for bootup. See Boot switch.

Usage Boot;
   multi-monitor -b

Installs a startup script to engage multi-monitor on boot up.

Useage Help;
   multi-monitor -h

Displays this message. For futher information please refer to the manpages. 

man multi-monitor

GNU multi-monitor home page: <http://www.ultimateedition.info/>.
E-mail bug reports to: <[email protected]>.
Be sure to include the word multi-monitor somewhere in the Subject: field.

Have added switches that the help file currently does not contain to allow for booting to xineramma:
TheeMahn@JackHammer:~$ multi-monitor -s
TheeMahn's Multi-monitor script. Please report bugs to TheeMahn <[email protected]>
3 Ports detected and 2 Monitors detected. Enabling 2 monitors(s) and setting default resoultion(s).
Port(s) connected:
HDMI-0
DVI-0
Default resolution(s):
   1920x1200      60.0*+
   1920x1200      60.0*+
Command to be executed: xrandr --output HDMI-0 --auto --output DVI-0 --auto --right-of HDMI-0
If you can read this we were successful. If you would like to make changes permenent please cron this script:
sudo echo "*/1 * * * *     TheeMahn     DISPLAY=:0.0 /bin/multi-monitor > ~/mm.log 2>&1 >> /etc/crontab"

TheeMahn@JackHammer:~$ multi-monitor -b
Command sympnosis: multi-monitor -b <on/off>

Dual monitors has opened doors for me in the coding department, thanks donors. Let me get the O/S's caught up and I will drop a ton of code to the public. Time is not on my side, never has been. They currently tell me I have to work Saturday, but have Monday off a holy day err holiday ;) A month delay is what I am currently informed on 3dfx, will know more by Sept 17th.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby rpl123 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:41 am

WE WILL WAIT
One question come suggestion can we make in situ upgrade possible , rather than clean install each time.
I don't know if it is because I always did a clean install with each Ultimate Edition release
rpl123
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.0 64 BIT

Postby teruble » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:42 am

Looks Great! Can't wait to try this one. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Kernel Linux 3.0.0-19-generic-PAE 32 Bit GOME 2.32.1
HP PAVILION DV7-1132NR
ATI RADEON HD 3200 GRAHPICS
AMD Turion(TheeMahn) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70 500.000 MHz
4 GB- DDR3,120GB HD
teruble
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby dougal » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Can I grab a copy for testing. I have a few machines and try every release on them all. Still running 2.6 as the only fully stable release on all machines. Some now must be nine or ten years old. An old HP Pavillion 4800 series.
A Sony and Tosh laptop, both about five years old. A Dell laptop at four years old, a Dell Optiplex 745 and Dell Optiplex 780 and a desktop machine, 8-core.
Main problem is always with desktops and wireless USB dongle. The auto-selection of drivers for two different ones has not happened and I always have to fiddle with the Windows Wireless drivers. Both of them are 150 bps and the thing is that an older 58 bps USB has drivers picked up real easy.

So, I would love to test anything going... I have patience though. Do what you have to Thee to make the OS as good as you can.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:09 am

dougal wrote:Can I grab a copy for testing. I have a few machines and try every release on them all. Still running 2.6 as the only fully stable release on all machines. Some now must be nine or ten years old. An old HP Pavillion 4800 series.
A Sony and Tosh laptop, both about five years old. A Dell laptop at four years old, a Dell Optiplex 745 and Dell Optiplex 780 and a desktop machine, 8-core.
Main problem is always with desktops and wireless USB dongle. The auto-selection of drivers for two different ones has not happened and I always have to fiddle with the Windows Wireless drivers. Both of them are 150 bps and the thing is that an older 58 bps USB has drivers picked up real easy.

So, I would love to test anything going... I have patience though. Do what you have to Thee to make the OS as good as you can.

Yes, you can check your PM's links to snatch both Ultimate Edition 3.5 32 and 64 are there. Does anyone here feel worthy to test it based on the above information. Why is Dougal not at least mod? See what happens when I climb in a box and do not attend to the forums? I have been thinking of sending all donors a link to a private server for them to snatch it prior to the public. I have the donors email addresses. I would have to pay for a site to fly by night and disapear the next day. It would get beat to death, I have been down that road before. I would love to see a hosting company absorb 1 month of abuse. hmm, something to ponder. No official post, just sent to donors and not care if they give it to thier buddies. When it dies it dies. Steam is coming out of the melon now ;) What am I gonna brew up.

Most ppl know what a Terabyte is now, most were oblivious to it initially on release. I would talk about Terabytes of transfer now ppl have that size drive in thier computer, funny how technology advances. Petabytes a very unfamiliar term, bet it comes common place in a few years. I have like 14TB of info accessable from this very PC if Goliath fires up his NAS. I have transfered 1/2 of a Petabyte of info in one month from users downloading Ultimate Edition in get this 2009. No-one knew or grasped the vast amount of information that is. Shut down 3 times that month I grant you. We are now hosted through Sourceforge's 32 servers as far as downloads. No-one takes the time to factor in the value of a good hosting company & the crippling effect a vast amount of users can have. I am a connoisseur of understanding in this aspect. I would venture via sourceforge if they were to allow me to see raw stats in transfer are approaching the Exabyte factor, if it hasn't already been broken by the 1,348,630 download of Ultimate Edition recorded by them.

SO DONT GIVE OUT THE LINKS, it is not hosted on a fly by night server.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby dougal » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Wow, thanks for the kind thought Thee. I don't look for anything like that, just glad to try to help get a great operating system to the masses.
I try to help anyone with their computer troubles as best I can with my very limited knowledge. To hear that you have faith in me to test such a great system is all the reward that I need.
Thanks again for the kind thoughts. <BREW>
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Postby onosendai58 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:35 am

Could you please hook me up with the 32-bit goodness of that, I'll gladly give it a shot. If I am chosen as worthy of such an audacious endeavor. <BREW>
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby rockinkaj » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:08 pm

id like to test on my laptop if i may <BREW>
Rock On!!!
rockinkaj
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Sorry guys only mods/Admin can test, as much as it would be great to let everyone test we would rather it break our machines than your machines :D
My Rig
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz
His Ati Radeon 5770 (one more to go)
4gb of Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF ddr 3 ram
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 Hd Audio
Esata
Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E
250gb samsung sata 2.0 HDD
1 TB Seagate HDD

"walk softly and carry a big gun"
"life is only as hard as you make it to be"
"Ultimate Edition 2.8 is Ubuntu on steroids; lots and lots of steroids. You pretty much get it all with this badboy of a distro"
Currently dual booting :D Ultimate Edition and Windoze 7

Hawks-SOAD

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Farclules » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Hawks-SOAD wrote:Sorry guys only mods/Admin can test, as much as it would be great to let everyone test we would rather it break our machines than your machines :D

You have no idea how grateful we all are that you are protecting our machines while allowing Dougal to break his
Farclules
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Archive