Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition VS Other Distributions.

The Ultimate Guide for the rest of us

Ultimate Edition VS Other Distributions.

Postby Zaileion » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:47 pm

I’ve a stack of DVD's here about 6" high with just about every distribution I could find, Bodhi, Mint 12 and 13 (3 versions of each), Ubuntu, debian, Gentoo, Fedora, Deepin, Sabayon, and the list goes on and on. I began my switch to Linux back when UE2.9 just came out, or slightly before. I had a small PC off to the side with debian installed for years and here and there i would try it out, but never gave it a real go till I found UE2.9. Well it worked, and didn’t, and worked again, but in between I switched to a million different distro's trying to find the perfect one. Over time I found myself switching back to Ultimate Edition. I would try a few different flavors, and after a month or so, it would be fed up for one reason or another, and re-install the latest Ultimate Edition. Than I would get fed up with it crashing or some other problem I couldn’t figure out and try a few others. But in the end and after a few years of going through this rigamorale I found that most of my issues with Ultimate Edition were my lack of experience, and a few bugs mostly with Compiz. Bugs are to be expected, after all Linux is a community built operating system. Anyway, I find that Ultimate Edition 3.4 is overwhelmingly superior to Mint 13, Windows 7 or Windows 8 beta, Debian, Ubuntu, or any others I’ve tried including previous versions of Ultimate Edition. All though UE2.6 is a close runner up. UE3.4 has the eye candy (which is one of the most important :D ) all the software one could want or need already installed, one hell of a GUI including the Gnome we all love. XBMC, and other GUI's all ready installed and customized (what other distro offers multiple user interfaces?) a great community forum, and support which is far superior.

Now that being said, I must say that Compiz is a seriously buggy piece of software, especially when mixed with a higher end ATI card and 3 or more monitors. This seems to be the fault of Compiz, and not Ultimate Edition, but if the qwirks could be worked out of Compiz, my feeling is Ultimate Edition, could become nothing less than the very best Open Source Operating System available. And that’s no small feat, indeed.
Asus Rampage III Black Edition
Intel i7 Extreem X990
Corsair Dominator GT 12 GB RAM
LSI MEGARaid Controller 9271
2 Samsung 840 Pro SSD (RAID0)
ATI Radeon HD 6990
SoundBlaster X-FI Platinum Pro
Corsair 1200W Power Supply
Corsair Water Cooled CPU
Ultimate Edition 3.5.2 (LTS) / Windows 7 Ultimate
Zaileion
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition VS Other Distributions.

Postby nascar59 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Wow Zaileion i could not put the word better then you did this is excactly what i fill about Ultimare editon 3.4 ,use to have up to 6 linux install at 1 time on i pc kept going back and forth from all of them that i could install then i came here to try 2.8 and that was it for me never look back , the work that TheeMahn does with Linux is l absolutly Unreal for sure the best Distro Available today it just work Thank very much TheeMahn. Ray

17 2600 at 4.4 with Cooler MAster v8 ( 34c)
Asrock Extreme4 Z77 ( take 18 second to boot to Ultimate editon ) My Asus p8z68 v-pro (40 second very slow)
16 gig CORSAIR Vengeance 4x4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML4GX3M1A1600C9
Radeon hd 6770 overclcok
samssung 120gig ssd (ultimate eEditon3.4)
1 terabyt (Windows 7 for storage)
1 ssd crucial
Last edited by nascar59 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
nascar59
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: Ultimate Edition VS Other Distributions.

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks for your input Zaileion i sure posts like these make theemahn even more motivated to work on the great "Ultimate Edition" :D as for compiz i don't think its being maintained very well, i think ubuntu is the only one that does <BREW>
My Rig
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz
His Ati Radeon 5770 (one more to go)
4gb of Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF ddr 3 ram
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 Hd Audio
Esata
Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E
250gb samsung sata 2.0 HDD
1 TB Seagate HDD

"walk softly and carry a big gun"
"life is only as hard as you make it to be"
"Ultimate Edition 2.8 is Ubuntu on steroids; lots and lots of steroids. You pretty much get it all with this badboy of a distro"
Currently dual booting :D Ultimate Edition and Windoze 7

Hawks-SOAD

Operating System: Other Linux

Return to Newbie's Corner