Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Members Introductions

Reasons to register...
Forum rules
One Warning only ......
This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites. Please consider this before you contemplate posting, otherwise, your ISP will be advised of your activities.

Re: Members Introductions

Postby daltroll » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:22 pm

Thanx Dark Child and Moebius for your responses.Raising children is a daunting task at best, and add autism to the mix you have an interesting task ahead. It's good to get such positive reinforcement from the both of you. Thank you and keep up the good work guys. God bless. :)
daltroll
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Bobster » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:14 am

Well I was really really happy...... I was born again, ran around saying I was now a Linux user, installing 11.04..... IT was great,.... <BREW> got Off that pay by the second OS that everyone was using and was always crashing or corrupting or just plain never booted..... wow on went 11.04 Ubuntu Natty, worked like a dream everything set up and running smmmmmmoooth like. then came an upgrade...arrr do it auto like, ooooops it crashed never to start again, so on went 11.10...again ruuuuuuns like a dream....
Now then now then....I have found the more you learn the better you get..... and then the more you want again lol so on goes more OS as dual boot...but and that is a big BUT.....along come Ultimate...welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll my god I finally got what I wanted in the first place....neyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy dont get me wrong there is absolutely nadder ziltch nothing wrong with 11.10 love it to bits but this version has caught my heart soul and mmmmmmm what ever else it can grab lol

Well done the gang that put this together :ugeek:
Ubuntu 10.04.3 Ultimate
Ubuntu 11.10 generic
GeForce 8500 GT
AMD Athlon 64x2
Bobster
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby bloodshoteye » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:24 am

Hi from brand new user,

Thanks for one of the best distros I've ever installed!!
The 1st thing I did was tune into an 80's rock station and explore the system.
I love this layout and hope it never goes the Unity way - blech!
You have all the proggies and more that I use from time to time :D
OMG when the screen saver kicked in I sat there staring...

Gotta go and what else is there
Bye & thanks, TheeMahn <BREW>
Lenovo Thinkpad T60
Ultamint 3.01 (natty)
Intel Centrino Duo T7200 @ 2.00GHz
2GB RAM
945GT
ATI Radeon X1400
bloodshoteye
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Farclules » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:06 am

Yo I'm another brand new user

Had Ubuntu all ready to take over from windows when along came unity. What were they thinking? What can you do with an operating system that gives you icons the size of golf balls and icon text so small you need a magnifying glass and three pages to list what previous versions listed in the top left hand corner?. I digress.
I'm composing this under Ultimate 2.8 and I have to say it has taken my breath away. Version 3.2 is downloading as I write ( torrents can be found at isohunt and bitsnoop, they are faster than softpedia, and don't stop in the middle ) And I read on distrowatch that version 3.2 will have Gnome 3.? Gnome 2.? and a fallback mode! What more can I ask ?
Well actually I could hope that wine works properly because my favorite word processor only runs on windows and Bill Gates successor and I could bid each other a final and long over due farewell if it did but only time will tell.
Farclules
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby obelix » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:45 am

hi there, my name is john.ive been an ubuntu abuser for the last 5 years and just now happened upon ultimate edition. th e downloads for me in good ol south africa was horribly slow. but i managed to get a Ultimate Edition 3.4 lts iso that wirked. im so impressedwith it an i just love conky ive installed it on my two desktop machines.
i still havent managed to get a lite version for my msi netbook yet. boot keeps bitching about a fubar kernel even when using unetbootfin to put it on a usb stick . i wish it was on a torrent. sf has always been horribly slow here in rsa.i have 2 servers and 2 desktopsans an msi u531 netbook that will get Ultimate Edition installed ( o and possibly even my xbmc player pc as well( mini-itx based with z5500 sound) :D im 43years old and i hope to get all this done before i die of old age
ultimate edition 3.4 lts ( 32-bit)
gigabyte EP45-UDR3 with q8400 intel core2 quad # 2.66ghz and 4gb ram 2x wdc black 1t drives an 3 assorted sata Seagate drives
obelix
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby ijunkie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Hello,
I am 52 I have been working in the computer repair field self employed for 12 years. Self taught because of a lack of decent support for myself :D Windows has been my bread and butter, but I have installed several Linux distros over the years, never really learning much , short on time and after losing interest rather quickly. Now I have more time to devote and learn this stuff.

I have also been considering some of the free online courses through Stanford, with one in particular that interests me, java programming! My problem with any attempts at learning a programming language is keeping my head wrapped around it long enough to learn. Thank you for all your hard word and allowing others like myself to use Ultimate Edition and to learn from your vast knowledge through these forums.

I will be scouring all the information in these forums, for I am an information junkie with oodles upon oodles to learn about Linux and other things. I love most things computer and I can see that Linux appears to be almost ready as a replacement for the average windows user. < That is not really true as the average windows user that I know, only uses a web browser and web based email. I'm excited to see how things have transpired with Linux over the years and look forward to the journey. Thanks for letting me in.
ijunkie
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby illnino0007 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Hello folks, gonna be curiues becouse my provider always has to break down te safety on websites ?
pfff living in Belgium is good but those idiots can't stop now is my wireless network asking for his pas and i cant gett of.
illnino0007
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Ophiuchus70 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi,

My nickname is Ophiuchus70 for many reasons but probably for esoteric sense (meaning linux world seems to be esoteric for me), I'm 42, usual with big computers like AS400 and much more but not really with Personal Computers. So I ask you to leniently answer me when I'll ask something, because my brain should not be wired like yours. I self taught on my first computer (Sun Sparc IPC) when I was 11, but Unix world is far for me now and I would to retrieve something I've lost along of my life, I'm sure you are on this way and that's the first reason of my presence on your forum. I think I just want to have my "hands inside", it's a picture but this is what I need.

I'll probably find more answers on OpenBSD forum, but I want an easy OS for personal computers, not security oriented, not "work" oriented, just for home and fun even if my first question would explode your brains (you'll see soon).

Just for your information, I possess a Laptop Q Presario with "3.0.0-16-generic-pae #28-Ubuntu SMP", I'm not sure to have the best configuration, but this PC looks easy to use.

And, Ultimate Edition is beautiful, easy in appearance and realy silent = That's the first time I see a Laptop PC without fan "overflow" !!!
Thinking, the next time I'll probably put it on a Raspberry Pi.

Best regards,

PS: As you read I'm not english, so in fact I'm a noob in all (unable to translate a QSECOFR in linux language too).
Ophiuchus70
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby spinx04 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:34 am

nice to find this forum n you guys [^_^]
I'm spinx04, an average computer user and of course...ultra green user to linux world. currently i've install Fuduntu 2013.2 as my 2nd OS on my netbook and i really like it, it's much lighter than windows ("end of life" of this version really upset me). I've tried to replace Fuduntu with Ubuntu 13.04 because of that case but return it back to Fuduntu because it cause disaster on my netbook, very strange environment n very slow on my netbook.

and then, after hours of searching and reading, I decided to give Ultimate Edition a try (just finished download the Ultimate Edition 3.5.1 file several minutes ago), especially after reading user comments on this forum [^_^]

There're still too many things that I don't understand and need to learn from you guys, so may be most of the time i'm not do posting 'cause of reading (usually i prefer to read all basic information first, not rush to asking). But when my brain cann't catch it anymore, i need your help to guide me along the way. sorry for my bad english but...many thanx before for all experts and gurus who gives life to this awesome work [^_^]

Regards,
spinx04
spinx04
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby pam » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:10 am

Welcome to Ultimate Edition forums, spinx04.
Your appreciation brings in a breath of fresh air.
Since you use a netbook for running your operating systems, in all honesty Ultimate Edition 3.5.1 is a turbo charged OS.
The hardware requirements of Ultimate Edition 3.5.1 are much higher. But ofcourse, there are no such RULES. It will run on any type of hardware.
It might be a bit slow on your netbook. If you do have a desktop or laptop with a minimum of 4 gb ram, Ultimate Edition 3.5.1 will run pretty fast.

If you want a faster OS for your netbook, id personally recommend Ultimate Edition 3.4.1 lite. Download the x86 version for your netbook.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimateedition/files/
Thank You.
<BREW>
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-