[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - OpenSUSE 12.1 U.S-IL-Israel Remix Team. - Open Suse
Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

OpenSUSE 12.1 U.S-IL-Israel Remix Team.

Anything Suse

OpenSUSE 12.1 U.S-IL-Israel Remix Team.

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:15 am

Admin-Amir

Re: OpenSUSE 12.1 U.S-IL-Israel Remix Team.

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:48 pm

I'll test it out!
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby onosendai58 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:56 pm

It`s a beautiful OS, almost a mixture of Ultimate Edition and openSUSE, my two favorite distros! Well done, you guys! Also, Stealth GX looks sick, Cowboy! <BREW>
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:54 pm

I tried it in virtual box and it did not work! Back to the drawing board!
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:43 am

pch.shot Bro - That can not happens!

First the Build is on the OpenSUSE site with there software for the Remixing.
then I have made test's in the VDrive on the site there +made test to the ISO on my HDD.
Now to me it looks like you did not start-up with safe mode.
You need to run the install process with the safe mode - because the missing Drivers for the Video Card.
you must have more then 1 GB of RAM on your machine to get all to work like Compiz and so on.
BTW - if you run the 64bit on your VBox please do it with OpenSUSE 64bit option.
you remember that there are 2 options on the VBOX for any system right. :idea: ;)
so if you run the system with 32bit that is no go.

Here is the Build packages on my system just for one time to show the ppl what there is inside the system.
and to understand the way the system support the audio/video and software.

OpenSUSE - 64Bit Test Drive images:

jrjy556.png

vcdsaszdxcf.png

grhrtkyuio.png

OpenSUSE - 32Bit Test Drive images:

frdddfjh.png

gfjgh,ghjk.png

cxvnbcmbv.png

pch.shot Bro, look into the VBOX issue that you have with your system please.
Admin-Amir

Postby pch.shot » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Some distros have more than one .iso (a live version and an installation one- maybe that's the issue here).
There are no issues with my installs. I have tried open suse before using it and had it working fine. Maybe I'll try it in vmware player. The download may have got corrupt.
F.Y.I. I do not have a video card on this machine. It is built into the cpu.
Virtual Box does have issues of it's own.
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:03 pm

pch.shot,

Let's go by the Book here shell we.
I will use Parted Magic = The new one to get the work done. :idea:
1- format your HDD for unallocated.
2 -Get the main power supply out - Get the Battery from the main Board out.
3 - Get phone wire 10cm and get the wires out from the plastic.
4 - put the 2 ends on the both sides of the Battery for exactly 7 sec and release the wire from the 2 sides.
5- add back the Battery to the place on the main Board (must hear the click of closing).
6 - add the Power supply back on to the machine.

Now change the Bios to start from CD/DVD and see if that will do the work on the installation process for you.

This is my solution to the issue from the way I see it.
Admin-Amir

Postby pch.shot » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:27 pm

No offense, but you are over complicating things here!
You don't get it. Virtual box runs straight from the .iso file. Go to one of your buddies place who runs MS and try it there.
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:41 am

pch.shot.

MS is not the issue if you make partition for Linux on the HDD for the installation.
And Bro that system was teat side by side with MS on other machine here!
what I do not get is why you can not run the system side by side with MS. :?:
The Video card is not issue because you have the vesa Drivers to support you kind of Cards.

pch.shot,
ppl have down the systems and had no issue at all Until now.
Look for what is wrong on your machine to get it to work.
Clean Install is the best way to test / work with the system.
BTW- the System has the New Build going on as I write to you now.
all the best.
Amir.
Admin-Amir

Postby pch.shot » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Like I said, I'll try vmware player soon and post back. I'm not going to partition anything! That is old technology. I have found a way to test out operating systems from the .iso file without installing anything.
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God