Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.0 Gamers

Help & Support for Ultimate Gamers Edition.

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Gamers

Postby dougal » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:23 pm

I am sure there is a way to enable the drivers or maybe install a missing package but, I just haven't had the time to fully explore it.
Probably someone else here will be able to put you on the right path.
Good luck.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby Nebula Prophet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:38 am

:roll: So here's what I need help for:
Wireless keeps disconnecting (it's been working now for a few hours)
Can't get bluetooth to work (more of a I'm not sure how problem)
Amarok keeps crashing/shutting down after a few songs.

Help please :?:
Nebula Prophet
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby dougal » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:16 am

I don't have Gamers Edition installed but, if you have the 'Widows Wireless Drivers' package on your 'System\Administration' drop down menu then you should be able to use your Windows Drivers that came with your machine/wireless card.
If it is in a compressed format that you have to use Windows to uncompress and install you should be able to see the extracted files using the Linux archive manager program to see the name of the .inf file.
If you already have this wireless side of things working in Windows and you still have Windows running on your machine then it is a simple matter of searching for the .inf file and copying it to a USB key or drive and then when you use the Wireless Drivers package in Linux you can then go to where ever you have copied the driver file. I suggest you copy it off your USB to your Home folder for easy access and simply knowing where it is for the future.
If all goes well your system should see your driver as a valid driver and then install it.
You can then set-up your wireless broadband name and password.
I'm not sure about the Bluetooth problem as I don't use it but, are you sure it is switch on on your machine. You should have a Bluetooth package in your 'System\Preferences' menu.
Amarok I don't use. I use Rythm Box. Not sure what might be happening there - sounds like a buffer problem perhaps. You could look at uninstalling it and reinstalling if you really want to use Amarok.
All these questions can be answered also by the Ubuntu Forum just in case you are having difficulty getting a reply here. I have only been on the Ultimate Edition forum for a bit more than one year and although everyone tries their best to help out, the numbers are limited.
I hope I have been able to help you.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby Nebula Prophet » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:55 am

Not sure what I've done, but it works! Not exactly how I was hoping though...

I'm now referring to the general options in the comiz configuration. The sphere consists of 4 screens based on the horizontal virtual screen. What I wanted though was the 4 desktops being represented in the sphere. Is it possible?
Nebula Prophet
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby megaptera » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:52 am

Hi,
Long time lurker and happy user of most editions of Ultimate!

I've downloaded Ultimate Gamers 3 but I'm not sure what size partition I need to allocate? Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Richard.
megaptera

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:02 am

megaptera wrote:Hi,
Long time lurker and happy user of most editions of Ultimate!

I've downloaded Ultimate Gamers 3 but I'm not sure what size partition I need to allocate? Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Richard.

as its a gamers edition i would allocate as much space as possible to ensure expansion for more games :) and welcome aboard enjoy your stay here
My Rig
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz
His Ati Radeon 5770 (one more to go)
4gb of Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF ddr 3 ram
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 Hd Audio
Esata
Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E
250gb samsung sata 2.0 HDD
1 TB Seagate HDD

"walk softly and carry a big gun"
"life is only as hard as you make it to be"
"Ultimate Edition 2.8 is Ubuntu on steroids; lots and lots of steroids. You pretty much get it all with this badboy of a distro"
Currently dual booting :D Ultimate Edition and Windoze 7

Hawks-SOAD

Postby megaptera » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:23 am

Thanks Hawks-SOAD, appreciated :)
megaptera

Postby dudgeoned1 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:21 am

I'm downloading Ultimate Edition Gamers 3.0 Now and I hope it's the 32 bit because for some reason my computer whines about any OS that isnt windows 7 being 64-bit. If it is 64-bit oh well I'll try it anyways. This is my first go at Ultimate Edition and my first Post so Hello! Haha... Nice to meet all of ya :)
My Computer: Dell 1545 Inspiron Laptop

My Dream Computer: To Be Announced >:-)
dudgeoned1
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby dudgeoned1 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:33 am

Well unfortunately the first time trying to download stopped halfway through and wouldnt restart.... So let's try this again shall we? I'mma keep trying until I get it. I've researched it and heard a lot about it, and now I'm pumped up to have a copy of my own! 8-)

dudgeoned1
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby dudgeoned1 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:42 am

Thanks for the welcome Nightwolf! I'm glad you posted specs for me to check out... That was very helpful. I admire admins who like to lend a hand to their newbies in need of one.

Just saying thanks for the show of gratitude and appreciation.

Dudgeoned1 :D

dudgeoned1
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Gamers Edition