Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Debian edition

A place to make suggestions...

Re: Debian edition

Postby pclinuxguru » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:05 pm

Meister wrote:
Mr.T wrote:
Gúrú Linux ríomhaire wrote:Ultimate Edition is no ubuntu cloan, rather a remixed version of ubuntu.

I wasn't looking to either be disrespectful to this distro or to start a distro war. I just thought that it may be nice to have an extra choice.

Discussion is good , and honestly look at bottom of the board have new sections with options :)

Just a discussion Mr.T , I assure you it was not taken as disrespectful here. <BREW>

Hey heres a thought, why not make your own distro and base it on LMDE ?
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby pam » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:13 am

im sorry i offended you Mr T or anyone else. I retracted my thoughts after i wrote that post and i knew you meant linux mint.
As for your views on windows vista usurping ram is correct. But that logic doesnt apply to linux. What i meant was dont expect a 2nd generation 12 or 16 core bulldozer to "effectively" use 500mb ram. yes linux is a very stable and efficient os thanks to lots of developers and primarily to linus and greg kroah hartman-- if a new code is entered into the linux kernel and causes a spike in ram consumption by over 50% but at the same time is bug free and does not cause any crash-- greg tells the coders to look into it and fix it and still afterwards the ram usage is still in excess of 15-18 %. Invariably within 3 years ram consumption will be pretty high and that's a basic design and not "high ram consumption". I have a compaq armada m700 800mhz 456mb laptop with mandrake 10.1 using a maximum of 260 mb ram under full load and a phenom II 955 with 8gb using 800mb idle and 3.6gb full load.
i hope this answers your itch.
Thank you
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Mr.T » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:41 am

pam wrote:i hope this answers your itch.

Yes thank you; itch :mrgreen: has been scratched.

I am so impressed by the passion of you folks on here that I have decided to give Ultimate Edition another try. I am downloading 2.6.3 as I type this. I must admit that I am missing some of my favourite apps either not being easily available or just plain not working. But as the staff at Mint say it's all still very new.
LMDE 64 bit
HP a6541
4gb ram. Phenom triple core 8450
Nvidia GT 440 1gb
Mr.T
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby Meister » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 am

Mr.T wrote:

I am so impressed by the passion of you folks on here that I have decided to give Ultimate Edition another try. I am downloading 2.6.3 as I type this. I must admit that I am missing some of my favourite apps either not being easily available or just plain not working. But as the staff at Mint say it's all still very new.

I think you will like 2.6.3 its very stable and a solid O/S. I run 2.6.2 which was an internal release 2.6.3 has a few extra toys and a couple minor bug fixes over .2. Thee runs 2.6.3 as his main O/S just a little info on Thee.
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby RobNJ » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:04 am

Mr.T wrote:

I've been running 2.6.3 for a few days now & its great! In my sometimes-less-than-humble opinion, it runs even more smoothly than 2.9 (Maybe due to 2.9 starting up in kde & switching to gnome?). Bit that could just be my perception. either way you can't go wrong with Ultimate Edition & 2.6.3 is prime example! <BREW>
RobNJ
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Wangbo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Not being any kind of expert I have been trying to see if I can get the ultimate themes as well as pctrends os to coexist with LMDE ive had quite a bit of success by installing the pctrends prep pack it installed flawlessly haven't tried the new updated prep pack yet. when installing the theme pack from ultimate it installs all but the the gold theme pack and the dark theme pack and reports a size mismatch between the reported file size versus the actual file size and install fails, otherwise they seem to coexist and works quite well with LMDE. However as was stated about LMDE it does break or at least did but now they are filtering the updates in a effort to limit the break downs . I'm just smart enough not to rely on LMDE as my Primary os and use it strictly for expermentation . I have tried numerous flavors of Linux (ubuntu) and use Ultimate Edition 2.9 and am looking forward to 3.0 with much drooling (wouldn't be so bad except keeps on shorting out my keyboard LOL luckly it is wireless or you'd be ready my obituary on Americas funniest videos) If any body could get it to work I think Thee would be the one to do it. The only caveat Ihave found is that my lightscribe drive is not fully functional (ie doesn't lightscribe disks) otherwise very pleased with Ultimate Edition . A debian version would be interesting and might aleviate some of the problems incurred by Unity but would of course come with its own set of problems as well just depends on which would be the least frustrating for THEE. Yhis is entirely my own opinions and should not be misconstrued as criticism or condemnation just my observations.
Wangbo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Wangbo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:46 pm

I desperately need spell check LOL
Wangbo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Uffe » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:20 am

Hi all
I have been playing with Debian for some time now just to see how far I can go, being primarily a user and not a coder. My goal was as much "old school Gnome" (gnome 2) as possible without any K-programs and still with some of the elements that I fancy from Ultimate Edition.
It has been kind og fun and very time-consuming with at lot of googling. ;) What I have the most problem with is Remastersys, it's kind of different in Debian and have some bugs I can't handle, but the master-build works fine and have done it for about a month now :)
Skærmbillede-1.png
Uffe

Ubuntu minimal w/ Mate desktop 64bit
Asrock N68-GE3 UCC - AMD X4 640 - 4 Gb Kingston ram
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 60 Gb + 500 Gb WD sATA HD

Ultimate Edition 2.9 64bit
Asrock 2core 1333-2.66G - 2 Gb Kingston ram
750 Gb Samsung WD sATA HD
Plextor DVD-RW - Asus 24" fladskærm

If your Danish, try http://www.linux-abc.dk to share your knowledge and questions
Uffe

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Suggestions