Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

11.04Has Been Released

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

Re: 11.04Has Been Released

Postby billhedrick » Sat May 14, 2011 10:38 am

really if you like 2.8, and your hardware is more than 6 months old, there is no reason to mess with it. If you have to have an 11.04 Ubuntu, wait a little bit and install Ultimate Edition 3.0. It's currently getting the final once over by Mods and admins.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Trinityseven » Sun May 15, 2011 11:06 pm

I upgraded, took 6hrs on a 14MB line...and it was nice for the most part, yet Unity desktop totally sucks in my opinion, was somewhat broken as well, also found Xubuntu (NEWEST 11.04) install buggy (yes its not like the main in my understanding)...SO I AM BACK WITH THE ORIGINAL OF THE BEST OS IN THE WORLD (not updated to natty narwal - just with all main updates) ULTIMATE ED> EBUNTU GAMERS 2.8 DVD...the disro still rocks, it's just how it is, I had to revert to it for best linux in existance. THANKS PEOPLE, YOU ALL KNOW WHERE THE BEST OS IS, WE NEED TO TELL OTHERS!!!
Trinityseven
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Trinityseven » Mon May 16, 2011 9:20 am

Yeah, in some ways it does break your system, and it exposes you to security risks also (at least it did to me) if you want to use the unity desktop, like that right there is a show-stopper...makes me wonder how secure the stock versions are if they do that to upgrades, and I wonder if other distros are affected in the same way...very suspicious perhaps...I mean it WOULD NOT let me use the unity desktop (which I found really clunky + hard on small resses) UNLESS i logged in as root to get it...I DO NOT KNOW WHY, it could just be random chance or a glitch. Yet it could also be intentionally programmed that way...would be nice to find out I suppose, and know.

SO PLEASE DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR 2.8 / 2.9 TO NATTY, IT WILL BREAK YOUR SYSTEM
AND EVEN IF IT DIDN'T YOUR 2.8 / 2.9 SYSTEM IS SUPERIOR TO NATTY ANWAYS< I TESTED EM BOTH (light and regular)!!!
Trinityseven
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby project1017 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:03 pm

DeVeDe is broken in 11.04 and in some distros that are using the newest Kernel. I found a fix but I dont know how to apply it, any help would be great. I am saving it to my "C" drive where there is plenty of room. Other than double checking the settings im at a complete loss.

Binary package hint: devede

devede fails after rendering video when the application starts to build the DVD tree, suggesting that the user has run out of disk space.

devede developer says the problem is that dvdauthor now requires a VIDEO_FORMAT variable that's not supported by devede. exporting the variable above solves the problem. See also

http://groups.google.com/group/devede-f ... 4948?pli=1

which is the official devede support forum. Developer says

"For some reason dvdauthor now requires that you export a VIDEO_FORMAT
variable, like "export VIDEO_FORMAT=PAL".
So I ran:
# export VIDEO_FORMAT=PAL
# devede
And now we have another mistery revealed... ;) "

and

"Yes, another people found it. In a couple of weeks I hope to launch a
new version fixing this."

This was back in January 2011 and no fix is available yet.

Note for US systems the variable should be VIDEO_FORMAT=NTSC, not VIDEO_FORMAT=PAL

Release: Kubuntu Natty (11.04) 32- and 64-bit.

Version of devede: 3.16.9-0ubuntu3

Version of dvdauthor: 0.7.0-1

# export VIDEO_FORMAT=NTSC
# devede

solves the problem.
System-1 HP Elitebook Mobile workstation 8540w Laptop.
i7 Quadcore-Vpro 2nd generation.
12gb DDR3 Ram @1333.
1GB Video Nvidia Quadro with Cuda DDR3.
128GB Zalman SSD.
2.9 ultimate Edition.

System-2 Toshiba A605 Laptop.
8GB RAM DDR3 @1333
Core i3.
128GB Zalman SSD
Intel onboard HD Graphics.
2.9 Ultimate Edition.

System-3 Toshiba A505 Laptop.
Core 2 Duo.
8GB DDR2 Ram @800
128GB Zalman SSD.
Intel HD onboard Graphics.
2.6.1 Ultimate Edition.
project1017
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby pclinuxguru » Mon May 16, 2011 1:35 pm

DeVeDe is not broken in 11.04. tested and used as fully working in 17 systems to date.

Chances are it was in a proposed update that fixed it.

Coded a total of 22 movies on 11.04 and devede.

Just codded this one for ya as proof. Never needed any fix other then installing updates.

Screenshot-5.png

Screenshot-6.png

Fact of the matter is I now have ALL used in Ultimate Edition 2.9 fully working in Natty 11.04 x64 stable and working. Even emerald.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby OldSmoke » Tue May 17, 2011 10:51 am

i use Devede all the time and have seen no issues also.
i only have a prob with the version of grub 11.04 is using its dumber than 10.10 version as far as raid.
OldSmoke
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Previous

Return to News and Events