Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

upgrade

News & Events etc. will be posted here.

upgrade

Postby zele » Sun May 08, 2011 4:23 pm

How upgrade ubuntu 11.04 on ultimate edition 2.9
zele
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: upgrade

Postby marksuci » Sun May 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Wait Ultimate Edition 3.0 because problems with upgrade betwen repositorys and python 2.7 :(
Simply Debian
marksuci
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Trinityseven » Mon May 16, 2011 9:06 am

Yes, I must totally agree with the above statement, for even though EVERYTHING pretty much worked just fine on my install (when in classic ubuntu login mode) you do lose ONE thing that is personel to the devs here Ultamatix. They have a fondness for that piece of software, and I can't blame them. However the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of what the insane upgrade does to your system is THIS. IT MAKES YOU LOG IN AS ROOT TO HAVE THE UNITY DESKTOP, that to me is just suspicious, like why would they do that? Or why does that happen? I don't understand, but if I go by my normally suspicious nature, I could certainly think of a few reasons...

SO PLEASE LISTEN AND DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR SYSTEM. to 11.04...THE STOCK CORE WITH STANDARD UPGRADES IS BEAUTIFUL, Natty Narwal is bad in my opinion also right now, and Xubuntu version was a just plain buggy install to me even stock in it's own install dir (yes I test em all). This is what I tell you honestly, and I really didn't like it, I uninstalled and am BACK with MY FAVORITE 2.8 GAMERS EDITION Ultimate EDITION with all the PROPER security upgrades, etc. PLEASE DO NOT UPGRADE TO 11.04, it takes 6 hours even on a fast line, and it will break your GOOD INSTALL OF 2.8 / 2.9!!!

I really like the Narwals on the Desktop though, they were a nice simple background, but now I have super cute kitten twins on my wonderfully powerful Ultimate Edition 2.8 Gamers Dvd install!!! Please make the future ones so I can install without an Inet though, I would really like it to have an simple option for those who are not good with computers like us also. THANK YOU very much people, have a good one!
Last edited by Trinityseven on Tue May 17, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trinityseven
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby OldSmoke » Tue May 17, 2011 10:53 am

i upgraded 2.9 10.10 to 11.04 and remastered a few times and no issues
OldSmoke
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby dathem » Tue May 17, 2011 4:08 pm

OldSmoke wrote:i upgraded 2.9 10.10 to 11.04 and remastered a few times and no issues

Hello, You were very lucky! I would not ever do that to a computer that was needed for daily tasks. 11.04 defaults to UNITY unless it decides that you don't have the minimum requirements. UNITY is very buggy and I have trashed it 3 times on 3 different computers! I have no issues with using the UBUNTU CLASSIC. <BREW> dathem
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby cowboy » Tue May 17, 2011 4:45 pm

I agree with dathem, you are very lucky.
I have trashed many of install, just for testing, but that's just me.
There has been many post's about this, some have made it through, but most have not.
I would bet your Ultimate Edition repo's are not in place, or unusable, you may have a install that looks like Ultimate Edition, but all you have is a upgraded 10.10 Ubuntu and not a 3.0 Ultimate Edition....looks good though...;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby jnalli » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:07 pm

I should of read this before I started the process. It's taking for ever and I keep getting errors. What's the downside of the cancelling it? Or how do I revert?
Windows Vista
ASUS MB Compaq Presario Computer
AMD Athlon 64
Nvidia Geforce 210
4 Gb RAM
250 Gb SATA drive
jnalli
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby dathem » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:17 pm

jnalli wrote:I should of read this before I started the process. It's taking for ever and I keep getting errors. What's the downside of the cancelling it? Or how do I revert?

Well, no good answer. I tried to cancel that process, in the past, and is what not easy, and was left with an unstable system. If you let it go you will end up with plain UBUNTU. I am afraid to tell you that you should/will have to reinstall the OS from scratch. So sorry. dathem
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Return to News and Events