Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Network Issues - please post here.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

Re: Network Issues - please post here.

Postby tammerlane » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:38 pm

I am replying with Ultimate Edition 2.7 32bit Live from a USB. The wireless USB installed fine in the live USB. Maybe it is the 64 bit driver that is not recognized. When I reboot from Ultimate Edition 2.7 64bit I will save the error messages. Anyway - From the Toshiba site you linked:

"The function keys (not to be confused with Fn) are the 12 keys at the top of your keyboard." And "The Fn (function) is unique to TOSHIBA computers and is used in combination with other keys to form soft keys. Soft keys are key combinations that enable, disable or configure specific features."

I have a Microsoft Natural Keyboard and am unaware of any Fn key. I am trying to get Ultimate Edition 2.7 64bit online. My computer is: CPU Intel E5400 2.7Gh., MB Biostar G41 DVI with 4GB ram, and Nvidia Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT video card and Realtek 8192su USB wireless. I have a 64bit cpu on a 64bit board and Ultimate Edition 2.7 64bit. I think that the 32bit and 64bit drivers provided by Realtek are the same for both systems. I also have the supplied linux driver as a targz. I've used DOS, Basic, and linux cli - but I prefer GUI (unless every cli code is provided). I will try to get the Ultimate Edition 2.7 64bit error messages ASAP. Thank you, tammerlane.

EDIT:

Here are the error logs -

baddog57@baddog57-desktop:~$ sudo ndiswrapper -l

[sudo] password for baddog57:
WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it will be ignored in a future release.
net8192su : driver installed
device (0BDA:8174) present

baddog57@baddog57-desktop:~$ tail /var/log/messages
Jul 4 01:40:11
baddog57-desktop kernel: [ 18.466941] input: HDA Digital PCBeep as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/input/input5
Jul 4 01:40:11 baddog57-desktop kernel: [ 18.610055] usb 2-3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
Jul 4 01:40:11 baddog57-desktop pulseaudio[1584]: lock-autospawn.c: Cannot access autospawn lock.
Jul 4 01:40:11 baddog57-desktop loadndisdriver: loadndisdriver: load_driver(358): couldn't load driver net8192su
Jul 4 01:40:11 baddog57-desktop kernel: [ 18.810843] usbcore: registered new interface driver ndiswrapper
Jul 4 01:40:16 baddog57-desktop nautilus: [N-A] Nautilus-Actions Tracker 2.30.2 initializing...
Jul 4 01:40:16 baddog57-desktop nautilus: [N-A] Nautilus-Actions Menu Extender 2.30.2 initializing...
Jul 4 01:43:21 baddog57-desktop sudo: pam_sm_authenticate: Called
Jul 4 01:43:21 baddog57-desktop sudo: pam_sm_authenticate: username = [baddog57]
Jul 4 01:44:53 baddog57-desktop kernel: [ 300.040037] Machine check events logged
baddog57@baddog57-desktop:~$

Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated. tammerlane.
Last edited by tammerlane on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tammerlane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:57 pm

tammerlane,

please try the solution from here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1466758
Admin-Amir

Postby tammerlane » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:55 pm

I read your previous post and I think that you are suggesting that I upgrade the Linux kernel with the ones in the link. I read in the thread: "The new issue is that fglrx become broken with the rc6 kernel and even cannot install binary driver at all from anywhere." I presume that I use the deb packages -

linux-headers-2.6.35-020635rc1-generic_2.6.35-020635rc1_amd64.deb
linux-headers-2.6.35-020635rc1_2.6.35-020635rc1_all.deb
linux-image-2.6.35-020635rc1-generic_2.6.35-020635rc1_amd64.deb
and
linux-source-2.6.35_2.6.35-020635rc1_all.deb

I have never done anything like this before. What is the procedure? What order do I install them?

Thanx, tammerlane.
tammerlane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:36 pm

tammerlane.

I read your previous post and I think that you are suggesting that I upgrade the Linux kernel with the ones in the link. I read in the thread: "The new issue is that fglrx become broken with the rc6 kernel and even cannot install binary driver at all from anywhere." I presume that I use the deb packages -

and
linux-source-2.6.35_2.6.35-020635rc1_all.deb

no need to install the source package.
well this is very easy to do with the Debian package manager.
just double click on the package,insert pass and the installation will start of the package.
Admin-Amir

Postby tammerlane » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:51 am

Well I did a fresh install and installed the three packages After I restarted my 18" monitor had a very small desktop (800X600), my 36" monitor was fine (it runs at 800X600). When I looked under monitors it said I had an unknown monitor and wouldn't let my change the resolution. So I installed the wireless driver with ndiswrapper. Everything was as before. It would not go online. the same error about deb.conf required, which would be ignored in the future. I have spent a lot of time on this, with no results. Do you think I'd have better results with the Realtek supplied Linux driver? It is a targz file, and I don't have a clue what to do with it. It is called "rtl8712_8188_8191_8192SU_usb_linux_v2.6.6.0.20100625.tar.gz". It seems like this should be solvable. Thank you, tammerlane.
tammerlane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:19 am

Hello tammerlane.

Lets stop for one sec here and do some homework OK?

the process of the installation that I'm not sure that you have followed right.

1- installation with wire cable connected.
2- when the installation ends , and you have back from Restart ,
the First thing will be your Video Driver installation from the icon in the top bar you see the NEW Driver to install.
3-After you have install the Driver - Restart your machine.
4- when you are back to your Desktop ,configure your Firewall and start the Firewall.
5- Go to synaptic,Reload,mark all UPDATE/UPGRADE = >Apply, now you will have new kernel downloading.
6- After you have install the First UPGRADE/UPDATE, the Driver will be in the packages,if not the next time.
7- Download the Ubuntu Tweak new package (it was post to the ubuntu tweak tread ).
install the package ,start the software ,then go to the 3 party tab and add the Ubuntu X from there.
then after you have add the source ( with the refresh button) then close ubuntu tweak.
open terminal and insert the commands:

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get update

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get upgrade

when you done close the terminal.

and if you had update/upgrade - Restart your machine.

8- when you back to your Desktop , First thing is to start the Firewall.
then try the right click on the Network icon =>Edit Connection.
There Edit your Connection and Use WPA&WPA2 Personal + your password.
I just hope that you have configure your modem/router with the wireless Network name+pass.

9- I just hope that you will end the Edit your connection and connect to Hidden Network fine.
just insert the Network pass and you good to go.
If you see the New icon for the wireless connection on, then Release your wire from the machine and modem.
Just remember to mark when you Edit your connection the 2 box -at the left top+ the down left box.
Admin-Amir

Postby tammerlane » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:08 am

This isn't my fiest rodeo. In my very first post I stated - "The router I use is in another building so I can't plug into it to download anything." I cannot carry my tower, monitor, keyboard, etc. across the street and plug in. I've done OS install hundreds of times, and I'd install plugged in if I could. I guess if the operation is unsuccessful we should blame the patient.
tammerlane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:03 am

tammerlane.

First let's come down please.
let me tell you something,
I have configure my system that in the start of the U.E installation it wile work on wireless.
Before even I start the installation process my Network was up and running.
So there is no need to blame anyone here.
you want to try that way fine , if not - After you will Restart your machine (After the installation process - go for wireless option).

If you will not start your Firewall the Network will not start for you.
So configure your wireless,Then start and configure the Firewall to be WAN connection.
Then start synaptic.
see if this will work for you.
My Friend,6 mil PPL have download and install the U.E 2.7 system - And it works just fine. ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby tammerlane » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:46 am

Thank you for your reply. I do not blame you for anything. I believe that my difficulties are my own. I choose to live across the street from my sister, who is kind enough to share her internet connection with me. I think you are a well educated person who takes time out from his busy schedule to help people. And you have gone the extra mile to write in more than one language to do this. I have talked with, and exchanged emails with, people all over the world - but only in English. I have learned that a little patience goes a long way to furthering communication. Especially with people who are well educated and use more than one language. I am just a hickabilly from Alabama, still in awe of indoor plumbing and Internet in every home.

Anyway, my predicament is with accessing a wireless connection w/o having the luxury of a wired connection to help get things running right first. I have been able to get wireless running on several 32bit systems - but no 64bit systems. Many 32bit Ubuntu derivatives work for me the first time I try the ndiswrapper. Perhaps the problem is with Ubuntu's (or Debian's) implementation of 64bit code, or the drivers supplied by Realtek. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I use the supplied 64bit drivers to get on the Internet.

You wrote
If you will not start your Firewall the Network will not start for you.
. I had not heard that before. When I am plugged into a router every Linux I have installed goes right on the Internet before installation. Ultimate Edition has done this when I installed it in the past. But I do not have a cable long enough to reach the router now, and so I have to get wireless running before I get the Nvidia driver, before I update my system, etc. This has proved to be an insurmountable problem with 64bit Ubuntu derivatives. Perhaps I should address this to the Ubuntu forums. I thank you for you kind efforts. tammerlane.
tammerlane
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:48 am

tammerlane.

First I thank you for your wise Answer for my post Alabama man ;)
Lets try something to get it to work for you.
Please upload for me the configuration that you have in the wireless option,
Go to the Edit and take screen shots for me please and post it here as attach to your Answer.
Then please open the driver for your Realtek card and look for the "inf" file and copy it to your home folder.
I hope this is for your 64 bit.
then go to - System=>Administration=>windows wireless Drivers.
and add the "inf" file to install the Driver for your Realtek card.
And let me know if it has install the Driver for you (Just Restart your machine After the inf was installed).
And Update this post for me please.

Thank you.
Admin-Amir

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.7