Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

ATI Video Card

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.5

Re: ATI Video Card

Postby Cell » Sat May 15, 2010 9:40 pm

The glxinfo output says its using mesa...which it should be.If I understand right its a new install without the on board gpu being activated.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Sat May 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Yeah shut off the onboard installed card then re-installed 2.5 and 2.6 .Did alot of reading at Blizzard and other places some say a bug in the .mpq for WOW .Blizzard has not yet responded to me or others .Theres lots of theory on what causes the error 132 .Blizzard blames much on alot of stuff like the wrong settings on memory to bad drivers on video card.Most dont make any sense .From what I read most problems with the error started showing up with the 3.0.2 patch even on systems that were fine before the update and have persisted ever since.From what I looked at its a memory dump issue .I would post it but its a very long file might put up on a fileshare if someone interested at looking at it.I will continue trying to figure it out might get lucky and fix it on mine.Going to try older versions of Wine and other drivers see if I can get it working.Right now Im pretty tired been working on it for at least 36 hrs and Im finally going to go to bed .
MotherBoard Asrock Alive NF7G-HD720p Rev5.0 NVIDIA® GeForce 7050 / nForce 630A MCP Chipsets
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1 GB Graphics Card HD435XZAH2
Disabled Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce7 Series (NV44) DX9.0 VGA, Pixel Shader 3.0, Max. shared memory 256MB
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor Model ADO5000DSWOF
HARDDRIVE Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Cell » Sun May 16, 2010 1:20 pm

Check out wine tricks,but be careful with it.I have used it to many a M$ apps working for me.

http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks
hardware
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Mythbuntu 9.10
We are all connected;
To the earth, chemically
Cell
Site Admin

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Sun May 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Ok I have ordered a new video card a XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1 GB Graphics Card HD435XZAH2 for $48 will be here in a couple days.Will switch back to my onboard till then the 4350 should be supported by everything Ive read.Thanks everyone for the help.
MotherBoard Asrock Alive NF7G-HD720p Rev5.0 NVIDIA® GeForce 7050 / nForce 630A MCP Chipsets
Disabled Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce7 Series (NV44) DX9.0 VGA, Pixel Shader 3.0, Max. shared memory 256MB
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor Model ADO5000DSWOF
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Cell » Sun May 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Where did ya order it from?

Cell
hardware
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Mythbuntu 9.10
We are all connected;
To the earth, chemically
Cell
Site Admin

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun May 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Cell wrote:Where did ya order it from?

Cell

I was wondering that as well. My guess would be ANT
http://www.buy.com/listing/sellerlistin ... 6789&buy=1
Looks like a good price to me.
;)
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Sun May 16, 2010 7:53 pm

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00293OF8Y/ref ... B00293OF8Y

Says only can be shipped inside the US
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun May 16, 2010 8:12 pm

DarkSoul_DST wrote:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00293OF8Y/ref=asc_df_B00293OF8Y1116257?smid=A2YLYLTN75J8LR&tag=dealtmp420939-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B00293OF8Y

Says only can be shipped inside the US

:lol: I suppose I could put my location by my avatar. Alabama. I'm not looking for one right now anyway but I don't know why they limit their sales area like that. Surely there's no International restrictions on a graphics card. :roll:
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Sun May 16, 2010 8:39 pm

Its weird whats not allowed to be shipped overseas because of technology issues.I remember when the old 386 computers were not allowed to be shipped to Russia because of technology issues.Had a buddy that went to Russia all the time that took clothes that people gave him to give to kids over there .There were lots of issues doing that and I guess you could get in lots of trouble for black marketing.There were only certain items that could be taken on a list.Like what could clothes do that was so dangerous.Bad thing is it was used clothes that were collected and taken there for the poorer people where he went .International laws are screwed up on some things they talk about third world nations and how they cant advance then put limits on what can go there like there going to make bombs out of an old pair of blue jeans.
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Thu May 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Ok for me even after installing the Radeon HD4350 there still was a problem with the 3D graphics and the opengl. Found a solution at the Ubuntu forums that has my WOW running great at 33fps with no tweaking of anything.Going to install the ATI Radeon 9200SE on another computer basically the same as this one with onboard Nvideo and test it to see if it works with the older ATI cards.If it does I will post to let everyone know.
Thanks To Everyone Who helped with suggestions and ideas.

Re: new 4350 drivers, how to install
Here, try this.

Step 1; Remove old drivers.
Note: ATI recommends you uninstall the ATI Proprietary Linux
Driver before installing a newer version.

If you have installed the driver and it is giving you problems it may be mis-installed so removing it and starting again clean is often faster and easier than trying to figure out what went wrong.

If you are using a driver that you downloaded from the ati site and installed it using the installer there is a removal script that you can use:
Code:

sudo sh /usr/share/ati/fglrx-uninstall.sh

If you installed the driver using Jockey (hardware manager) then that means the driver is from the Ubuntu repository and has been packaged a little differently so you will need to remove it as follows (you may also need to use this method if you used dpkg to build and install the driver):
Code:

sudo apt-get purge xorg-driver-fglrx fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-kernel-source xorg-driver-fglrx-dev

The driver also may replace the following files with proprietary versions so you may need to restore them to their generic state:
Code:

sudo apt-get --reinstall install libgl1-mesa-glx xserver-xorg-core

If you use Envy to install the driver, use Envy and chose remove completely.

If you are replacing an Nvidia card and used the nvidia proprietary driver the driver should also be removed completely BEFORE REMOVING THE CARD. This will save you a lot of headaches.

reboot into recovery kernel and use the fix-x option or "repair broken packages" to get to the generic VESA driver working. You can verify that the VESA driver is in use by checking in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

STEP 2:Shutdown the system and install the new card.
If you are replacing an old card or installing a new card or adding a new card to a system that was previously using integrated graphics then you must enter the bios and make sure that the correct card is recognized and enabled and the IGP disabled.

Boot up the system and again use the fix-x or repair broken packages option. This is necessary because even the VESA driver needs to be initialized again for a different card
...continue....
If you want you can check again in /var/log/Xorg.0.log to make sure everything is OK.
You may not have a maximum resolution display and no desktop effects but do not change anything yet, you still need to install the new driver.

Step3:Install the new driver.
Go to the ati site and download the latest driver for your card to your Desktop (You can also do this before you start)

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Open a terminal and navigate to the Desktop

Code:

cd Desktop

Make the installer executable by right clicking on it and choosing Properties/Permissions and checking the box next to Execute: and close the window.
Run the installer
Code:

sudo sh ./ati-driver-installer.....

You can finish the rest of the line with the full name of the driver file including the .bin. You will be asked for your password, just type it in and the installer should run. When the driver stops and asks you questions just hit enter.

After the driver is finished installing return to the terminal and type
Code:

sudo aticonfig --initial

You should get some message like "found uniitalized file xorg.conf blah bah blah....
If you have an X2 card, which has 2 gpus, or multiple cards you should use
Code:

sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial

If you get an error you can try
Code:

sudo aticonfig --initial -f

This will force aticonfig to overwrite the old xorg.conf.

reboot

Post Installation tips
Do not use Preferences/Display or Screen Resolution to adjust your display.
The driver comes with the Catalyst Control Center for adjusting the display and configuring the driver. It will be in your menu. You need to use the superuser mode to make most changes. If it does not launch from the menu you can launch it from a terminal with
Code:

sudo amdcccle

There is also the command line utility aticonfig which has more options than CCC and is useful for setting up crossfire and a bunch of other useful stuff you can do to tweak the driver. For a full list of aticonfig options you can use
Code:

aticonfig --help

Be very careful using these utilities, they can be a little buggy and do not like more than one change at a time before you reboot.

There are many old guides around and a lot of their advice is outdated. For one thing it is no longer necessary to build the packages yourself since the installer will now recognize Ubuntu and build the proper packages itself. Many of the old xorg.conf options they tell you to use are also no longer necessary and do not work for all cards so be very careful if you try them.
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.5