Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ubuntu Tweak issues post here please.

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.6

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 am

Hello to you all.

please download first the new package and install it on your machine:

ubuntu-tweak_0.5.4-1_all.deb
Ubuntu Tweak - New
(774.49 KiB) Downloaded 726 times

PPL DO NOT USE THE CLEAN PACKAGES IN UBUNTU TWEAK = THIS WILL CLEAN HALF OF YOUR SYSTEM!!!!

Admin-Amir

Re: Ubuntu Tweak issues post here please.

Postby JOHNNYG » Mon May 03, 2010 11:19 pm

This will upgrade ubuntu tweak in Ultimate Edition 2.6 ! <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Donut123 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:21 am

Will this make it safe for us to clean our apps and cache..now?
Donut123
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Donut123 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:02 am

yes and the Browser Java plugin...dont install it DO NOT INSTALL BROWSER JAVA PLUGIN... from Ultimatix...AND DO NOT USE UBUNTU TWEAK TO CLEAN CACHE...!!!
Donut123
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Tue May 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Donut123 wrote:yes and the Browser Java plugin...dont install it DO NOT INSTALL BROWSER JAVA PLUGIN... from Ultimatix...AND DO NOT USE UBUNTU TWEAK TO CLEAN CACHE...!!!

It's not just java in Ultimatix. If you select terminator for install it will start removing 839 packages. It will not close, force quit wont stop it, Ctrl+c does nothing useful it just says it will finish what it's doing before quiting. :o
I ended up rebooting and I'm re-installing now.
Guess it's best to just not use it right now until it gets fixed.

I should add that's on a 32 bit install and it is repeatable. I did it twice just to make sure. :lol:
Yes, I know terminator was already installed. I kinda went thru the list pretty fast and clicked on it by mistake. Then when it got to it then it started removing a bunch of things so I re-installed and wanted to make sure I wasn't totally nuts so I selected just Terminator and it said removing 839 packages.
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby cowboy » Tue May 04, 2010 8:43 pm

I have been with TheeMahn for years now or this Distro...try it out...but learn..
!! 2.6 need no tweaking,,,but then again Am a a real cowboy have to ride that horse that has not been rode,,,
PS,,,,he still hasn't..lol.. :o
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed May 05, 2010 1:34 am

Hello to you all PPL.

I have send you Warning Ubuntu Tweak issue,
Please for now just Install the New package of the Ubuntu Tweak (for the sync of the system).
you can add the software from the 3 party source Like the Ubuntu -X that is Impotent/Virtual Box/Ubuntu Tweak/
Skype/ - just do not try to use the other options there = not the cleaning process = packages.

This will end with half of your system Deleted!!!
Admin-Amir

Postby D1Knight » Fri May 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi Admin-Amir. :) I thank you kindly, for posting this warning about using Ubuntu-Tweak for cleaning. :) I was unfortunately too late, to check this forum. :( I had went to main page, saw Ultimate Edition 2.6 is "golden" for download and then I installed and update to current versions of software (including Ubuntu-Tweak). Yes, the cleaning process borked Ultimate Edition 2.6

Then it was time to "go around that mountain again in the wilderness", reinstall. ;)

FYI-This did not happen on other Ubuntu related distros (with Ubuntu-Tweak), including LL 10.04LTS.

Admin-Amir, congratulations on the http://ultimateeditionisrael.freeforums.org/index.php website. :) That site is very nice, excellent job! Thanks for sharing the link and info for us to visit the site. :) Peace.
D1Knight
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby Admin-Amir » Sat May 08, 2010 5:11 pm

D1Knight.

You very welcome my Friend , you welcome to visit my sites and have fun there.
About Ubuntu Tweak - sorry - I have try to post the warning as fast as I could.
And thank you very much for your kind words <BREW> ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat May 08, 2010 6:14 pm

If you wish to safely clean your system and unwanted kernels, Try this method from Admin-Amir ! I used one of my installs as a Guinea pig, This works with no ill effects ! <BREW>
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4420&start=0&hilit=clean+kernels
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.6 (Including 2.6.5)