Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

No specific 2.5 forum on main forum page

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.5

Re: No specific 2.5 forum on main forum page

Postby mcgo » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:39 am

JOHNNYG - That´s one I hadn´t seen yet. My search is directed at a solution for the live DVD!
All I´ve found so far are fixes that require a reboot with an obvious loss of all changes, not to
mention the need to use Terminal in the process, not good in front of a potential new Linux user.
Appreciate the help.8^))
mcgo
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:46 am

mcgo wrote:JOHNNYG - That´s one I hadn´t seen yet. My search is directed at a solution for the live DVD!
All I´ve found so far are fixes that require a reboot with an obvious loss of all changes, not to
mention the need to use Terminal in the process, not good in front of a potential new Linux user.
Appreciate the help.8^))

Damn don't get red on me now JOHNNYG ;) You more then deserve it. I have seen your workings. Welcome aboard Admin, I did not ask permission, should I have to? Please PM me if with any issue in the "upgrade". Welcome aboard ADMIN JOHNNYG ;) Should I add it to the other 1,700+ unread Pms? I guess why you are a Admin want a secretary job?
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:45 pm

TheeMahn wrote:
mcgo wrote:JOHNNYG - That´s one I hadn´t seen yet. My search is directed at a solution for the live DVD!
Appreciate the help.8^))

Damn don't get red on me now JOHNNYG ;) You more then deserve it. I have seen your workings. Welcome aboard Admin, I did not ask permission, should I have to? Please PM me if with any issue in the "upgrade". Welcome aboard ADMIN JOHNNYG ;) Should I add it to the other 1,700+ unread Pms? I guess why you are a Admin want a secretary job?

Well what can I say, But Thank you once again ! And what an honor To be surrounded by such greatness ! I am both Honored and humbled again! :D To move up the ranks in such a short time Is truly to my amazement. :shock: And let me reassure you (as well as the rest of the team) I Will hold this position with the highest regard and dignity ! And will strive to keep and uphold the highest quality and standards that Ultimate Edition has come to stand for ! I am sure I will stumble, but with all the talent we have here I am more than sure I will always be guided well ! We must all learn to walk before we can run, And I am putting on my runn'n shoes now ! :) I know this as any other in-devour, That is worth taking on, Will be challenging, But I feel I am up to the challenge ! I believe I in you, what you stand for, the work you do, I believe In Ultimate Edition, And what it stands for, I believe in the quality of the people you choose to represent Ultimate Edition and in there expertise, And now I believe I will have beer or two! <BREW> :lol: Thank you again and may say this was one of the best Christmas gifts I have ever received ! :D ....OK Now....... :oops: (red :lol: ).....Carry on!
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby DarkChild » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Congratz again JOHNNYG boy. You deserve it <BREW>
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:29 pm

DarkChild wrote:Congratz again JOHNNYG boy. You deserve it <BREW>

Thanks Darkchild! Truly a surprise ! :o Good to here from you hope you had a Great holiday! <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby mcgo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Whoa...."Thee" Boss dropping in on this thread! With whom, if allowed, I wholly agree. 8 ^)) I got help
from Blackwolf, DarkChild, Cell, and you in particular. Congratulations! What should we do with this thread,
mark it Solved(it´s on the main page, thanks Blackwolf), you confirmed the Synaptic issue , and the only issue remaining is the network applet failure for DSL?
mcgo
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby JOHNNYG » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:24 pm

mcgo wrote:Whoa...."Thee" Boss dropping in on this thread! With whom, if allowed, I wholly agree. 8 ^)) I got help
from Blackwolf, DarkChild, Cell, and you in particular. Congratulations! What should we do with this thread,
mark it Solved(it´s on the main page, thanks Blackwolf), you confirmed the Synaptic issue , and the only issue remaining is the network applet failure for DSL?

Hello again and Thanks ! ;) You have to admit this has had some attention ! :D but I think we should find the solution to the DSL issue Before marking it solved, I have a friend that has DSL,and we will try and see what we can come up with,If you are having an issue with DSL it is likely to effect others as well, And we want to address every issue as if it does effect everyone, We as well as you want to know the answer, We are striving to be the best and we want all the bases covered ! :D
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby mcgo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:47 pm

THX again for your attention, and on this short week, have a Happy New Year.
We´ll have other issues to resolve in 2010 for sure! 8^)) And using your words,
I think I´ll have a couple of beers. 8^))

Happy New Year to everyone in the Ultimate Edition world!
mcgo
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby mcgo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:52 pm

This one´s for JohnnyG

Found another brick in the wall - Super OS 9.10 launched 12-28-09 with supposed 169
patches and updates(a supposed 9.10 on steroids, which sort of limps along) continues with the DSL issue,
does Canonical really care?
mcgo
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby JOHNNYG » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:22 pm

mcgo wrote:This one´s for JohnnyG

Found another brick in the wall - Super OS 9.10 launched 12-28-09 with supposed 169
patches and updates(a supposed 9.10 on steroids, which sort of limps along) continues with the DSL issue,
does Canonical really care?

Well it seems you have the jump on this one ! :D I have heard of "Super Ubuntu" but never really went any further after finding Ultimate Edition, After doing some preliminary investigation I see They have included some of what they chastised TheeMahn 8-) for In the beginning ! This is a blatant attempt on there part to try and "catch up"(IMO)
(do you see any resemblance )
* Adobe Reader
* aMule
* aMSN
* Autopackage
* Brasero
* compizconfig-settings-manager (to configure the settings of Compiz and the desktop effects)
* EnvyNG (command line version)
* Firefox
* Furius ISO Mount
* GParted
* GIMP
* gufw (GUI for uncomplicated firewall)
* MPlayer (media player)
* NDISwrapper and ndisgtk
* OpenOffice.org 3
* Opera
* padevchooser (the graphical interface for PulseAudio)
* RealPlayer 11
* SFS Technology
* Smart Package Manager
* Mozilla Thunderbird
* ubuntu-restricted-extras (Java runtime environment, codecs, MP3 support, support for DVD-video, flash player...)
* Ubuntu Tweak
* VLC Media Player
* Wine
* Wine-Doors
* Zero Install

Hell the only thing missing is Ultimatix! And of coarse TheeMahn's touch!
You say "Sort of limp's along" and "continues with the DSL issue" So you have tried this little gem and still no love !
You ask "does canonical care?" OH yes my friend they care! Or they wouldn't feel the need to compete ! They know All about Ultimate Edition and TheeMahn ! All to well ! and Thats why this little item is even on the board! They have caught a lot of $#!* about Karmic and all the Grand changes While not addressing the existing "bugs" And it appears DSL config.live being one of those issues,....Devils advocate: They still provide an enormous amount of input into Linux and opensource community , Yes they do care or they wouldn't even care if it works or not,(still one of the most stable) No one is getting any richer with this endeavor(?), So money is not the motivation, There is a lot things that can go wrong trying to cover everybody elses drivers, programs and applications,And sometimes things get put on the back burner to address "hotter"issues.......... Back to us.........Connections, Of any kind, Should be of utmost importance !
skeuzz me,! I didn't mean to go off on a rant! :shock: I,We, Will continue to look for an answer to this issue, It is out there, We just have to find it ! Think of it like a treasure hunt!! :D
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.5